Fenrir Greycloth

I don't know if anyone else has noticed it, but I've seen such a lack of quality Artworks being submitted to the Avatar System.

Since the new Avatar System has been released, I've seen only a small handful of good avatars, and even those have bad quality and are ruined because of the quality of the resizing.

I was wondering if the Avatar's being submitted will be put through a system of quality checks beyond those being applied now. (IE the background/transparency checks)

I liked the avatars before, because they were special artworks, and were rare. Now that they are common, almost anything that looks like pencil/pen on paper gets approved. I've seen some avatars that looked like they were drawn by children...

Does anyone else see this? Or is it just me?

[quote][2010-04-19 05:40:12 - Alpha 9]
The new custom avy feature will cause lots of avies of medium-low quality in the shop. Its an unavoidable effect. The difference between normal and extra cool avatars will be bigger from now on. Standards for self uploaded avatars will be also lower from now on as long as you fit the transparency and sizes right[/quote]

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]You may want to read some other areas of the forum. Some of the issues you present are being addressed elsewhere. [/font][/color]

I have to say that while there are avatars that I consider to be of poor quality there are a fair few really good ones. Its also most likely that really bad ones will only be used by the owners and not purchased by other people. I suspect that some people may also use some avatars as stand-ins until they find something more suitable. I also think that with practice, people will get better and that will only help to increase the quality of the avatars around. That and you have to accept that what you or I consider to be rubbish, others may actually like.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Yoshi' date='13 May 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1273768312' post='59763']
Isn't there going to be a recall and reimbursement of some avatars that don't quite meet the quality standards? :)
[/quote]

Mur also mentioned removing some avatars that were not up to standards.

And i really dont think we need to worry about avatars that are bad that are being uploaded since people Mur approves them. And if its ok with Mur, thats all that really matters.