Wts Gold Avatars

Nimrodel

Well I have one gold avatars for sale, both bought from the MD avatar shop. I am willing to sell it to the highest bidder only if the bid is satisfactory. Here are the pictures:

[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/ysnigdha/avatar_4bf115e2d3310.gif[/IMG] : [color="#00FF00"][size="5"]10 Sc[/size][/color]

Please Pm in forum or in game or place your bids here in this thread.

[color="#FF0000"][size="5"]Bidding starts from 4s[/size][/color]

Edited by Esmerelda

[quote name='Juni0r' date='17 May 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1274127396' post='59942']
imo its just that those are RPC Avatar or even if they werent those people made a history with their avatars and personally i see it as an injustice...
[/quote]
It's not like Esmerelda is the one who put them in the shop again.
If you really want to stick to those ideals, buy them and don't use them. In fact I'll throw in a coin to support that cause. (and yes i am aware this [u]seems[/u] ironic when compared to my position on items)

If that avatar is Edens, then it should be kept in Lorerootian hands.

2 gold, if it was Edens, and I will be sending it to Firsanthalas to decide what to do with it.

EDIT: I have been informed that the displayed avatar is NOT Edens, so I withdraw my bid.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='17 May 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1274136832' post='59944']
If that avatar is Edens, then it should be kept in Lorerootian hands.

2 gold, if it was Edens, and I will be sending it to Firsanthalas to decide what to do with it.

If I don't have it by the end of the day, I withdraw my bid, so decide fast.
I'm not happy that you are trying to profit from the Avatar gallery at all Nim, especially not for such an important piece to Lorerootians.
I expected better from you, and I hope Firsanthalas punishes you for this.
[/quote]
If you didn't want her to profit, then why did you bid so high? What's wrong with profiting off of avatars? The only value it has is the value you attach to it, and what use is Eden's avatar to Firs anyways?

The high bid is obviously so that it is harder for me to be out bid.

Normal hand drawn avatars, nothing. Gold avatars, especially ones representative of people important to MD's history, everything.
Firsanthalas is the King of Loreroot, and Eden's main importance is to Loreroot. Hence, I trust his judgement in what happens to it, be that holding it forever, giving it to someone, or even selling it again.

I completely agree with pip. Honostly... The whole injustice thing seems like a big mess (sort of pointless) that you guys expect firs to have to deal with. I highly doubt that anyone would built a shrine or hang up that avatar as a picture for all to see in some place like the DQ honoring the late eden. And since it was put in the shop again... it should be used for a new player. In nim's defense she was merely being oppurtunistic. (sp) XD too lazy to check.. and i see nothing wrong with that at all.

but... i suppose if you knew eden or something that eden did then the avatar would be special to you and have some sort of sentimental value. still, why not? I can see why certain people would be upset. Though i believe that "hoping" for nim to be punished goes a little too far. eden was an important character yes... i think similar feeling arose in a topic that announced the recycling of avatars. look at that.

Edited by adiomino

@Kyphis:

1. You don't even know what eden's avatar looks like and here you are busy flaming my thread. Genius.

2. I removed the avatar from sale right after amoran told me about it. So you might as well stop whining without getting your facts right.

3. You are no one to tell Firsanthalas what to do and what not to do. You aren't even from loreroot. If he decides to punish me for selling a gold avatar which I LEGALLY bought from the shop spending MY CREDITS, so be it. I am ready to accept the punishment without a word.

4. QUIT SPAMMING MY THREAD!!!

@junior and Kafuuka: I didnt know it was Eden's avatar till shadowseeker told me, and I didn't know anything about him till Amoran explained the situation to me. I removed it As soon as i understood its importance. I can assure you I did not sell the avatar and it is in safe hands atm.

And whoever's doing it, YOU CAN STOP NEGATIVE REPPING PEOPLE WITHOUT A REASON. I see no point in Neg reppin sasha lilias. She was merely bidding.

[quote name='Esmerelda' date='18 May 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1274150606' post='59950']
@Kyphis:

1. You don't even know what eden's avatar looks like and here you are busy flaming my thread. Genius.

2. I removed the avatar from sale right after amoran told me about it. So you might as well stop whining without getting your facts right.

3. You are no one to tell Firsanthalas what to do and what not to do. You aren't even from loreroot. If he decides to punish me for selling a gold avatar which I LEGALLY bought from the shop spending MY CREDITS, so be it. I am ready to accept the punishment without a word.

@junior and Kafuuka: I didnt know it was Eden's avatar till shadowseeker told me, and I didn't know anything about him till Amoran explained the situation to me. I removed it As soon as i understood its importance. I can assure you I did not sell the avatar and it is in safe hands atm.

And whoever's doing it, YOU CAN STOP NEGATIVE REPPING PEOPLE WITHOUT A REASON. I see no point in Neg reppin sasha lilias. She was merely bidding.
[/quote]
I actually know exactly what Edens avatar looks like. The image you had up is not the same one that I had recorded as his, hence why I had specifically said each time "if". I have also been asking Lorerootians if the avatar that you had displayed was his, and had not been able to receive any confirmation.

Now that it has been clarified, I'm going to be adjusting that previous statement, since it is no longer an issue.

And I never told Firsanthalas what to do, at any point.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

I appreciate the fact that you came to your senses and like i've said i believe the recycling of avatars is "wrong" but none of us"resold" them in the shop, and i understand why Mur would do it. The matter is that there is a sentimental value behind every avy and especially those from people who are of great importance. I also understand that greed is a strong force and if people wish to profit of someone's history then so be, "I" simply consider this morally wrong. Again i thank you for reconsidering.

[quote name='Esmerelda' date='18 May 2010 - 04:43 AM' timestamp='1274150606' post='59950']
[/quote]

If this goes on I'll clean up the thread. Or if you still insist I will do it soon, but if I see more offtopic it's warns soon..if you want to discuss, do so in another topic please. This goes towards hijack.

Any offtopic you found in this post is yours to keep.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#696969"]Kyphis, I'm disappointed in your approach to this problem. First thing you throw gold and ask for punishment... while Amoran talked on priv and explained... and what? the Avy's no longer for sale. Amoran got it for free.
Now tell me, was it all necessary?[/color][/font]