It seems that there is suddenly an issue with the redistribution of avatars that belonged to certain players.
So lets look at this.

Firstly.
Mur moved the avatars to the shop for re-use.

Secondly.
Not everyone is going to know what avatar was used by everyone. I'd also like to point out that in some cases, people that are considered 'legends' by some, had multiple avatars.

Thirdly.
They are gone and have been for some time. If you feel that this is somehow disrespectful to their memory then fine. But using or selling an avatar that is freely available in the shop is not a crime. You may not like it, but its not a crime.

Fourthly
It's not feasible to think that we can track down and keep all of the previously used avatars. You would also have to decide what avatars were precious and what ones weren't. And it also defeats the purpose of the avatars being made available again in the first place.

Finally.
I won't entertain any nonsense about profiteering from anyone that seems to think its a no-no to sell an ancient avatar from someone long gone, yet try to extort items that are clearly for other people that you got from a lottery. You can't have it both ways I am afraid. You either have a sense of personal property and believe in it or you don't. You can't get all self righteous when it's someone else that is trying to make a quick buck and not you.
If you have a problem with something you should address me directly. If you want to spout off about a problem you have or about me doing something, but don't bother to speak to me about it first, then you are barking up the wrong tree. Most problems can be dealt with without the need for hysterics.

One last thing. If people (in Loreroot) do receive avatars or items as gifts, because they are 'precious' somehow, I 'll take an extra-ordinarily dim view of such things being sold at a later date for profit.

[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='18 May 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1274175750' post='59963']
Fourthly
It's not feasible to think that we can track down and keep all of the previously used avatars. You would also have to decide what avatars were precious and what ones weren't. And it also defeats the purpose of the avatars being made available again in the first place.
[/quote]
It's most likely a doomed endeavor yet it isn't a crime. (nor is selling and/or using them as you already said.)
If people stay polite and don't go all 'I am honoring more legends than you' I don't think there's any problem, except some players going broke i guess...

• Root Admin

[quote name='Firsanthalas' date='18 May 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1274175750' post='59963']
If you have a problem with something you should address me directly.
[/quote]

I am currently assuming you mean this in context with Lorerootians and Loreroot items? But since i am not sure if you are stepping up to take some role that is unneeded i am asking for clarification.