Idleing, Why?

argos

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(note on the poll: if you hate to idle, but like it when others idle, YOU CAN NOT CHOSE THE FIRST, chose the second or third, but NOT THE FIRST... thank you...)

Balance in MD is esentical as u all know, but when Mur said that, I didn't expect he meant, win a lot and then put defense rituals with a single crit and tell somone to attack you and make you lose... In my opinion, he meant we have to not only attack weak players that give us wins, but also strong players, even if we lose (for if not for the balance, almost all weak players would want to attack weaker players to get more wins and seem strong when in reality they're not...)

Personaly, i don't really care a lot about the whole balance thing... I just go around attacking everyone: full force :D:D...

Now some of you might wonder what it this has to do with idleing... well, MD is seperated into many parts, but when out of story mode, i think the only things you can do are socilaze, role play, quest, fight battles, and explore... of the 5 listed above, only 2 can be done alone, and as I'm sure, that would be no fun... I mean ppl go idle and set 10 def rituals, trying to get loses...

I am a big fan of RP and I luv it toooo much (I mean i just love daydreaming and imagining so RP would go right in the middle (guess that explains why i have a big crush on the imagination principle :P:P) and with almost everyone idle, and others who don't feel like it...

I mean idle was created originally for those who went of MD without noticing or cz they were busy, my opinion, cancel idleing, for the comunity as a whole would do much better without it, sure some ppl would stop getting easy wins, but wouldn't it force them to try some serious battles??? and when doing that, they learn more and more, for i can put 3 healers, 2 defenders, and just one offender against my opponent and still win, and I'm pretty sure that that ritual is useless...

Ofcourse, i missed a few ideas of why idleing is even worse than i mentioned b4, so feel free to add them, or i might, when i remember...

Edited by Chewett
Magical Find and Replace

Oh please, change the title to Idling, or Idleing, or some other form of what he actually means...

Apart from that, idle is necessary because there are not so many active players, and most of us have something else to do with out lives, too.
If idle gets impossible, most of the fighting at large gets impossible together with it...
Not to speak of leaving traces for somebody to find, how do you read the papers of people who can't stay when there's no idle-function?
You wouldn't even see most of the people, we are spread worldwide and in all timezones, and a lot of people use idle as a roleplay function as well (mostly as sleep)

So, yeah, i like idle. It allows people to be somewhere while they have to take care of their real life.

first i apologize for misspelling idling (I am Lebanese, so my English ain't that good...;)) anyway, you misunderstood what i had to say, so i ask you, do you go idle a lot??? and if so what type of rituals do you put??? I actually like the idea that a person can be attacked when he is not there, but when a person just uses this to his advantage to get loses...

As I said b4:Balance in MD is essential as u all know, but when Mur said that, I didn't expect he meant, win a lot and then put defense rituals with a single crit and tell somone to attack you and make you lose... In my opinion, he meant we have to not only attack weak players that give us wins, but also strong players, even if we lose (for if not for the balance, almost all weak players would want to attack weaker players to get more wins and seem strong when in reality they're not...)

So idling is not exactly helping MD players, for they attack the weak, winning, and then ask for loses, which means they won't end up attacking strong players, and thus they won't be learning a lot...

If ppl who went idle put offensive rituals instead of defensive, idling wouldn't be bad, it would be as you mentioned, good for the community, but when i go searching for real fights and find 90% of players idle and each has a defensive ritual on, where's the fun in that???

Where's the fun in having drachorn in defence?
For most MP3 it's a lot simpler to use the time they can spend on MD to win, and use the time they can't spend on MD to lose.
On high MP-levels, you'll find the exact opposite, people will use most of their idle-time to gather wins on very strong rituals, and their actual online time to gather wins on weaker creatures.

Mur wanted things to be a lot different, and to have the strongest folks be balanced, therefore you should gather honor by beating strong folks, and lose it by beating on weakers.
But the incentives to stay balanced are not good enough to make strong people stay there >.<