Personal Paper Customization

Anatoli

It's simply a matter of embedding through HTML. Every service is different, but once you have the code, you can copy and paste it into your papers (make sure you have selected the HMTL tab first).

A lot of players have been using a flash editor called Wix, a trend I believe I started. If you decide to go this route, carefully consider the size of the papers (I can't remember the pixel count) to avoid a horizontal scroll bar. I've seen several beautiful papers done with Wix; however, most are rubbish (even some of my own creations). It's easy to get caught up with flashy buttons, etc., but you'll soon realize the result is a lot less appealing and less readable than you had intended for. I have considered revising my papers to get rid of Wix, but their are functions of Wix that I couldn't easily replace.

As for adding music, it can be done (through Wix or another tool), but it can irritate other players who open your papers to read, not listen. Others may have suggestions for media players, but my advice would be to avoid adding audio to your papers unless you really must have it in there.

[topic='6179']There's a thread on embedding music.[/topic]

There's a lot of things to consider though: depending on the server you upload your music and flashy things to, it might load slowly, which is further impoverished by some flash templates that explicitly add delays or intros. Some of these applets have no volume control and are annoyingly loud (yes i can turn my speakers but I'll sooner have clicked x). And if you put music on autoplay in all of your papers, it'll be horrible when using the public profile page to read stuff (which is handy if you want to use the chat at the same time).