Limerick Contest

Windy

Limericks  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got caught up in a limerick game recently and it got into my blood. So I propose a fun contest. I will start out with a limerick about a character near and dear to me, and then someone has to continue it.

Here are some basic rules for creating a limerick:

[list=1][*]5 lines.[*]Rhyme structure is AABBA (lines 1,2 and 5 rhyme, and 3 & 4 rhyme with each other. Their "beat" is di di dum di di dum di di dum[*]Lines 1, 2, and 5 generally have seven to ten syllables, while lines 3 and 4 have only five to seven syllables. Their beat is di di dum di di di dum...[*]Ideally, it should be about a humorous or clever story/observation/statement, with the last line carrying the real "zinger" that makes it truly funny.[/list]

Keep it CLEAN AND FUN! Cut and paste my limerick into your response and then add your ending. The one with the best ending will get a Gold Imperial Aramor. So here goes.

[i][b]I did indeed, mess up the meter of the limerick. Thanks to Lucius, I have fixed my limerick to suit the contest. I pray that those of you who haven't yet fixed their limerick, will do so ASAP.
[/b][/i]
THE CONTEST IS NOW OVER. THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR ENTRIES. JUDGING WILL COMMENCE AT ONCE AND WINNER ANNOUNCED AT A LATER TIME.

There once was a boy named aranna,
who was eating a greenish banana.
While to peel it was easy,
he became rather queasy,

Edited by Windy

who was eating a green banana.
While, peeling it was easy,
his stomach became queasy,
"ooo, i feel like its been turned with a spanner!"

If you would like to see my poem about a bar wench please look to the windys post below

A spanner is something you tighten or loosen a um nut with

Edited by Asterdai
Removed secondary stanza per request of Windy (Topic creator)

[quote name='Asterdai' date='25 July 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1280085526' post='64589']
"ooo, i feel like its been turned with a spanner!"

There once was a wench whom everyone did fear
who had in her pub, a large cask of beer.
she bent down to kiss me
i moved my lips so she missed me
i ended up with lipstick all over my ear!
[/quote]

Very funny Asterdai. This second part is cute. but not part of the contest. You naughty boy.

Oo? What is a spanner?

[color=purple]Edit button for extra comments? - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido

While, peeling was easy,
his stomach 'came queasy,
and had to run quick to the toilet!

The structure for limericks i found are that it should follow an a-a-b-b-a syllable structure, so all a's have the same syllable lenth, and all b's have the same length as well.
Which in this case would mean the last line would have to have 9 syllables (by my count anyway).

Edited by Grido

I am disqualifying myself from this contest for a number of reasons, chiefly that I already have many imperial aramors and don't need any more. For the fun and the challenge of the thing:

There once was a lad named aranna
While to peel it was easy
he became rather queasy
when he saw that he'd skinned his young mana.

Edited by Tarquinus

The original limerick doesn't [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_of_scansion"]scan[/url]. I am sorry to be pedantic, which is terribly rude, but your original version breaks the meter. My punctiliousness (some would say Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) prevents me from using your version. The fault is in me, not in you. :blink:

[b]Edited to be less obnoxious[/b]

Edited by Tarquinus

[quote name='Totenkopf' date='25 July 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1280096177' post='64596']
Yet munchies prevailed after some marijuana!
[/quote]

^_^Very nice.

[quote name='Tarquinus' date='25 July 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1280112749' post='64620']
The original limerick doesn't [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_of_scansion"]scan[/url]. I am sorry to be pedantic, which is terribly rude, but your original version breaks the meter. My punctiliousness (some would say Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) prevents me from using your version. The fault is in me, not in you. :blink:

[b]Edited to be less obnoxious[/b]
[/quote]

^_^I broke the meter? >_< Darn it! :D Thanks for telling me. I won't hold this against you, I still love you, punctiliousness and all.

I hope it's OK if I use Tarquinus' version of the first 4 lines. :blink:

he became rather queasy,
and barf poured upon his bandana.

[img]http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/barf-4043.jpg[/img]
[url="http://www.paxanco.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&Itemid=95&manufacturer_id=158&lang=en"]Barf detergent website[/url]

BTW, there's a nice song by the Four Postmen in which every verse is a limerick, and the chorus, too. :D
[url="http://www.fourpostmen.com/drinking.mp3"]The Four Postmen - The Drinking Song[/url]

Edited by apophys

[quote name='dst' date='27 July 2010 - 03:55 AM' timestamp='1280220910' post='64660']
There once was a lad named Aranna
Who was eating a greenish Banana.
He became rather queasy,
And he turned into Hanna Montana!
[/quote]

I totally love this one!;)

[quote name='apophys' date='26 July 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1280201597' post='64658']
I hope it's OK if I use Tarquinus' version of the first 4 lines. :)

he became rather queasy,
and barf poured upon his bandana.

[img]http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/barf-4043.jpg[/img]
[url="http://www.paxanco.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&Itemid=95&manufacturer_id=158&lang=en"]Barf detergent website[/url]

BTW, there's a nice song by the Four Postmen in which every verse is a limerick, and the chorus, too. :P
[url="http://www.fourpostmen.com/drinking.mp3"]The Four Postmen - The Drinking Song[/url]
[/quote]

Very funny. I love the visual.;)

OK this is my first try at any sort of magicduel contest, so I was wondering how we get the item? I've never traded anything in game (only been playing for 5ish days) so I was just wondering how it all works. But any, the important thing here is my limerick, so here ya go!

he became rather queasy,
the fruit ended up coating Nana.

That was fun. I haven't written a limmerick in years. Well, one line hardly counts, but still. Twas fun.

[quote name='BonesTheHeretic' date='28 July 2010 - 03:13 AM' timestamp='1280283191' post='64692']
OK this is my first try at any sort of magicduel contest, so I was wondering how we get the item? I've never traded anything in game (only been playing for 5ish days) so I was just wondering how it all works. But any, the important thing here is my limerick, so here ya go!

he became rather queasy,
the fruit ended up coating Nana.

That was fun. I haven't written a limmerick in years. Well, one line hardly counts, but still. Twas fun.
[/quote]

he became rather queasy,
coz inside was a mur in nirvana.

(doo wah diddy diddy dahm diddy doo)

[quote name='vampir' date='28 July 2010 - 08:38 AM' timestamp='1280335117' post='64712']
he became rather queasy,
coz inside was a mur in nirvana.

(doo wah diddy diddy dahm diddy doo)
[/quote]

LOL Love it!

Wolfs, I do not think you have registered for the forum, that is why you cannot reply to this contest. Have no fear, I will it post it here. :D

Oh! Ruphy, monkey see monkey do

[quote name='Asterdai' date='29 July 2010 - 09:55 AM' timestamp='1280415308' post='64747']
and he felt like the end of this poem, wrong
[/quote]

:rolleyes:One entry per person!

[quote name='Curiose' date='29 July 2010 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1280425319' post='64755']
There once was a boy named Aranna,
then found himself wearing Dolce and Gabana.
[/quote]

:PVery nice! Those are perfumes or clothing lines?