The Thoughts Of A Mortal

( The essay was left folded on an empty desk; the broad windows seeming to cast all points and rays of lights to the small parchment with it's coal handwriting. Drift had left his mark at the bottom. It had arrived by mountain eagle, clutched in the birds beak and left to rest on the desk.. for the man had been absent for days from the mainland of the Realm, considering, contemplating, mayhaps creating while he walked the mountaintops of Golemus)

THese few days among the mountains have given me much time to think. I have hunted for food once more, and survived only by my wits and strength of arm. My God has been absent, perhaps understanding that hsi presence can be grueling for one such as I, just a man...This is a strange land indeed...and what my God want's from this place I cannot know. He has preserved my life, for this I will serve..but if I desire understanding, I must seek it out myself. God's are not know for their concern of mere mortals.

I have traveled the lands of loreroot in this new life. Indulging of fruits and the sounds of life. Their library does not lend, and their weapon-smith no longer sells to me. I consider myself cast out from that old home. The forest can taste the difference in me as I walk; though I am not forbidden entrance..I am no longer allowed succor there. Still though..one can glean it's secrets. Look simply at the creatures who call that forest home. THe Knator, The Neried, the Ents. Impossibly weak they begin, though not without teeth. Strength In life? Growth...Self-Discovery? Perhaps that is the truth of Lore root. To find yourself in repose, considering the nature of the great cycle. Strength in self-awareness, and how one relates to everything around it.

I have, on occasaion, set foot to the desert sands of Necrovian. A bleak and desolate place, steeped with the ancient power of silence and shadow. It is a part of of ourselves we all must explore. The Sacrifice of self, of walking in the darker parts of our mind. THe trees there are twisted and frightening, it's Denizens those whom believe in slavery and knowledge at the cost of everything held dear. Though i find myself disturbed, their peoples have a certain level of respect. Sacrifice is the lesson i've taken from the necrovian lands. Nothing is gained without sacrifice. Even it's ruling body, the many-headed god of necrovian, is a sacrifice. A thousand souls who have given up identity, to find a sum power greater than their whole parts.

Now I find myself in the Mountains of Golemus, and as My bare feet tred the sharp stone I find myself wondering what secrets will be had here. Each of the lands Before this has revealed a part of myself, by it's very existence it has showed me truths I could not have previously comprehend. THis land is strange, empty shells of soldiers wander aimlessly..at it's peak an army of tiny men seem to wait for nothing more than to be fought. Perhaps the secret of golemus is measurement..in its exacting technomagic. Loreroot Gives one a place in the world. NEcrovian Asks one to sacrifice that place. Golemus..asks perhaps for one to test and define their own place. To measure oneself against the cold and callous mountain. Against it's armies of homonculi, to see exactly what one is made of...Creation, defintion, Exacting discipline. Perhaps..but still I wander these forlorn peaks.

(OOC: In writing this, I had no intention of divulging secrets...for I have been told none, and found even less. This is merely my interpretation of the world. All thoughts here were stumbled upon by observation, and meditation. )