Activity

Mya Celestia

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]More and more I'm hearing the word activity or a degree of it being thrown around in MD. "There's no activity", "That person is very active", "They aren't active" and things like that. I'm noticing what seems to be active to one person isn't to another.

According to dictionary.com:
Active: 1.engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy:
2. being in a state of existence, progress, or motion:
3. involving physical effort and action:
5. characterized by action, motion, volume, use, participation, etc
6. causing activity or change; capable of exerting influence
7. effective

There are many other listings, and I did skip one (dealt with being nimble). Looking at these definitions, do they line up with your definition of active?

Edit: added "in MD" [/font][/color]

Edited by Mya Celestia

[quote name='Mya Celestia' timestamp='1284230379' post='68224']
6. causing activity or change; capable of exerting influence
[/quote]
I prefer this one. Creating and solving quests is currently my main concern in MD and both cause activity. The creating should be obvious: I influence headaches onto other people :) - the solving only moderately influences people through the competition factor. I think I'm about as active as I should be, although others obviously spend way more time on the game.

When talking about people being active in MD, it probably involves a qualitative judgement too. Blue texting all day might take more energy than creating one quest each season. Which is more active?