Need Help

The Great Pashweetie

Lately I have been thinking of bringing back Fair Fight Zone, some of you may have heard of it, but i am going to need alot of people to help spread the word and also about 5 people who will be watching over it and telling the certain rules

FFZ history: Me and fyrd one day decided to spark it off, but this ultimately failed, and soon we gave up on it. This was orginized for fair fights, the same VE vs the same VE so that everyone has a fair chance of winning and was made at the sages keep and is left there today on the sign.

Id like to enlist the help of 5-10 advertizers/fighters (no experience required) And 5 nurturers (experience required)

If you are enlisting to become a nurturer, please tell me this in your post:
Previous events orginized:
Your inspiriation:

If you are a fighter/advertizer i want you to go around and tell everyone about ffz, and when you've done this, enjoy your work back at the sages keep.

If you are applying to be a nurturer, then ill pm you that you have made it or not, and if so ill tell you what you need to do.

I heard about this there was a previous post about it. Pashweetie in the future do not bring up a brand new post for the same idea instead bump the previous post. However I don't think this worked due to our previous events with the GGG and how fixed rules in an area causes people to be protected. Then with people being protected people don't leave those areas.

Not to mention, same ve vs same ve?

That's hardly applicable, I can only think of one..maybe 2 people who could give me back my full ve in normal circumstances.

Even then it comes down to creatures. Why would anyone want to sign up to matches like this, if they could arrange it themselves getting partners to spar with?

Not to mention, same ve vs same ve?

That's hardly applicable, I can only think of one..maybe 2 people who could give me back my full ve in normal circumstances.

Even then it comes down to creatures. Why would anyone want to sign up to matches like this, if they could arrange it themselves getting partners to spar with?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So what stops people just attacking? whats their incentive not to break it all up?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I heard about this there was a previous post about it. Pashweetie in the future do not bring up a brand new post for the same idea instead bump the previous post. However I don't think this worked due to our previous events with the GGG and how fixed rules in an area causes people to be protected. Then with people being protected people don't leave those areas.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And with people being "protected" you get people who exploit it, and abuse it (from both the violating and participating side)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In response to all these messages, this is simply for fun, people will do what they will, and my nutrers... if any apply, will help calm down these fights with the same things as normal, we cannot stop what people will do in this game under any circumstances, so therefore i'd apreciate it if we all beleived that this wont ultimately turn into a place to get easy kills... I think we can try, and LASTLY this is only for signing up, not for debate!

I'm sorry for hijacking your post but this is just an important topic for both vets and newbies. Debate is fundamental and if you come up with idea you are automatically putting your self in the firing line of criticism. I know it seems like people are ganging up on you. I understand that feeling but the result is you have put your self there. If you want a cleaner topic I would suggest having people PM you and then edit your initial post for names of people in your training group. I just think that new players should hear both sides and make an educated decision and that is what the debate is for.

One of the fundamentals of MD is free speech. I've questioned mur himself and by his fundamentals I was allowed to do that with no negative impact. Anybody is allowed to say anything about this by it being proposed.

• Root Admin

I totally agree with Kamisha. Pashweetie you are relatively new to this realm and this idea has been done a lot of times before. We have seen what happened to GGG and other such training grounds and know what the issues are. We are merely asking you how you will make it work, and therefore try and improve your initial idea.

As Kamisha said, by putting your idea ahead you are putting yourself up for debate about your idea. If you only want this for signing up, and not to talk about your idea then it will fail quicker as there will have been less of an input into the possible issues and how to solve them. Listen to what people say, and try and accept that we have seen such ideas previous.

For the record, I started the Fair Fight Zone concept long before I met Pashweetie and it really can be fun and engaging. "Same VE" rituals makes it a challenging game on a level playing field, and I drew a number of people into it.

I think it is a much more "real" training concept than GGG ever tried to be, or Fight Club ever got close to.

Main problem is it takes a number of interested people to get "critical mass" to make it work. I had other things I needed to do (quest writing and real life) so I recruited Pashweetie to lead the bandwagon, but this has not been sufficient (yet?).

The old GGG problem of "protected" status I believe is solved by the fun of the challenge, and an appeal to pride. You say to the exploiters, "of course you can beat my 5K ritual with force, but are you clever enough to beat it with another 5K ritual?" It does become an engaging game.....

All the "rules" about how to account for tokens and sliders also gets a bit confusing, but once you get the basic idea, it's straight-forward to add embellishments.

I understand the basic premise. what you are trying to say is create a community fight club where you don't enlist to be one of the people setting the rits instead everybody does this fatal flaw thing. I know in theory it should be a good idea but im worried about what it could turn into in practice. I just dislike the idea of people congregating in one place going idle and just letting people farm them knowing what they are going to come across. The reason fight club works is because you dont know what you are going to meet and you learn by being defeated then going after it again with a stronger rit.

I will admit that I would like to see this work but with all good intentions it could turn into a bad idea. I guess we could deconstruct it like we did the GGG if things turn sour. OK I am somewhat satisfied with the idea as long as it stays under control. I will leave you to it at least for now unless things turn.

Edit: Please don't advertise this too much though it should be similar to the GGG and how it was supposed to be considered a secret to find. It should NOT be advertised in the paper cabin or busy locations.

Edited by Kamisha