Second Lunar Festival

Tarquinus

The festival begins today, Day 302. All times are server times.

[size="4"]Day 1:[/size] Story Telling
[b]Location:[/b] Maple Road
[b]Times:[/b] [s]20:00 Day 302[/s] 23:00 Day 302, 06:00 Day 303
Come and share a story about the joy of Autumn, the rising of our lady moon, or of Loreroot in general!
[b]Winner:[/b] The best story will win a heavily aged creature.

[size="4"]Day 2:[/size] White Service
[b]Location:[/b] Ravenhold, Capital of Loreroot
[b]Priestess:[/b] Amoran K Kol
[b]Times:[/b] 20:00 Day 303, 05:00 Day 304
This is a brief worship service offered to the Goddess of the Moon.

[size="4"]Day 3:[/size] Red Service
[b]Location:[/b] Maple Road
[b]Priestess:[/b] Phantom Orchid
[b]Times:[/b] Day 304/305 To Be Announced
This is a worship service where you are encouraged to fight. Blood for the Goddess!

[size="4"]Day 4[/size]: Writing contest
[b]Location:[/b] Lore Manor
[b]Times:[/b] [s]22:00 Day 305[/s] 06:00 Day 306, 17:00 Day 306
Are you the baddest bard in the land? Got flow? Come show your improv chops in a think-on-your-feet writing contest. Judges will supply topics, and each contestant will have to write on the spur of the moment. One round of the contest will involve using or rhyming with the last word used by the previous contestant.
[b]Winner:[/b] The winners of these writing contests will receive $5 in MD shop credits.

[size="4"]Day 5:[/size] Public oaths
[b]Location:[/b] Wasp's Totem
[b]Times:[/b] 20:00 Day 306, 06:00 Day 307
Recent recruits to the Children of the Eclipse will pledge their service to Loreroot and the Sibyl of the Eclipse.

[size="4"]Day 8:[/size] Tournament
[b]Location:[/b] Wasp's Totem
[b]Time:[/b] 20:00 Day 309
A tournament in which the participants are to use [u]only[/u] Lorerootian creatures (Elementals, Lorerootian Archers, Grasans, Water Daimons, Trees, Knators, Sharptears). Use of any other creatures will result in disqualification.

Send battle logs to Tarquinus or Amoran.
[b]Winners:[/b] The winner of the MP5 level of the tournament will receive a wish point. The winners of the MP3 and MP4 levels will receive $5 in MD Shop credits.

[size="4"]Quests and activities lasting throughout the festival:[/size]

[b]Fall Themed Art Contest [/b]
[b]Location:[/b] Amoran K Kol's Quest page.

The Artwork Quest is finally here! Due to a large number of questions concerning the last artwork quest that was held, I have decided to create a fall-themed artwork quest which will be a part of the Children of the Eclipse's Autumn Festival!

If you wish to participate in the Quest, please check my quest page for more information. There will also be a post on the forum holding the same information if you are interested.

[b]Rewards:[/b] The person with the best artwork will receive a wish point. Second place will have a choice between 15 silver or a creature. Third place will receive 5 silver.

[b]Public Log Scavenger Hunt [/b]
[b]Location:[/b] Amoran K Kol's Quest page.
An activity geared toward the younger generation. This activity encourages mp3 and mp4, and even new mp5 to meet other players in the realm. The player is to locate the person whose public log is posted in the quest, write down their name, and strike up a conversation with them. Conversation will not be judged as part of the quest, but it is highly encouraged.
[b]Winner:[/b] The first to complete the scavenger hunt correctly, or mostly correctly, will receive a wish point. The second may receive coins or a heavily aged creature.

[b]Mystery Quest - "Who stole Curi's mushroom?!"[/b]

I, Curiose, have lost a very precious item! My Mushroom God! I was alone… when suddenly, I was attacked! I had passed out, but when I had woken… I found my Mushroom God was gone!! Please help me find the culprit, and my beloved Mushroom! Shroom-Hunters must depict what happened in my state of unconsciousness, as I have received notice that my Mushroom disappeared somewhere within Loreroot…
[b]Reward[/b]: 1 Wishpoint for first person to return to me my Mushroom.
[b]Location[/b]: Starting Point- Archives Study Room
For those who actually find the Mushroom, I would like it if you PM me the answers to what the clues mean. From there, go to whom you think the culprit is and try to convince said person to give it back. I do so very much miss my Mushy-Mush-Mushroom.

[b]Surprise Mystery Quest[/b]: To be announced.

Edited by Tarquinus

[center][url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8275-fall-themed-artwork-quest/"]Link to the Fall Themed Artwork Quest thread.[/url][/center]

[center]Click here to submit your artwork.[/center]

[center]Public Log Scavenger hunt is set up in my quest page. Please check it if you wish to participate.[/center]

[center][url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8276-mushroom-hunt/"]Curi's mushroom is gone! Quest link. (Check Marvolo's Quest page, or the forum to find more information.)[/url][/center]

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

Rhaegar: Tokens are permitted, and there is no mandatory influence-slider setting. Most spells will be discouraged: while some minor spells are acceptable (boostdefense, etc), the more powerful ones such as weaken will not be permitted.

I dont get it - Public Log Scavenger Hun

Locate person' who's public log is posted in the quest!

im new... Whats a public log??? and where can i find a quest?//

An answer should sound like this; "press this shiny button, or press on person's name and then press next to the top of the scree."
im new... i dont really know the terminology here --- half of this stuff i just dont understand :)

[quote name='Faith and Mercy' timestamp='1288426751' post='71176']
I dont get it - Public Log Scavenger Hun

Locate person' who's public log is posted in the quest!

im new... Whats a public log??? and where can i find a quest?//

An answer should sound like this; "press this shiny button, or press on person's name and then press next to the top of the scree."
im new... i dont really know the terminology here --- half of this stuff i just dont understand :)
[/quote]

Public Logs is something every player has that allows to others to leave comments about the owner's character. It becomes visible after 20 active days in the game.

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1288427202' post='71177']
when did grasan turn into a lorerootian critter? :))
[/quote]
[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1288429468' post='71181']
thats what i wondered!
[/quote]

Grassans do dwell in the Den last I checked...

• Root Admin

[quote name='DarkPriestess' timestamp='1288432775' post='71184']
Grassans do dwell in the Den last I checked...
[/quote]

Ah yes, Thank you peace, I havent read the Grasans description in a long while

[quote]They usually live in the depths of the Hollow Den but also in the Aramory[/quote]

Edited by Chewett

No need to register, but things will be [i]slightly[/i] easier on me if you do. We'll get things rolling one way or another.

It might be easiest to forbid all spellcasting before fights. I'm thinking it over.

Mike, I understand your point about tokens, but the idea is for things just to be as simple as possible. If that means outlawing tokens, so be it. I will review this point.

One further bit of clarification: the tournament is open to [u]all[/u] players. You don't have to be a Loreroot citizen, alliance member, or even a fan to participate.

Something similar was planned for Savelite summer festival.

If it is without tokens, then those with high stats (like Mike :P) naturally win.
The best (in sense of no privileged ones) would be only lorerootian creatures (without the grassan) on 0% and no tokens at all, but the tournament should be announced about one month before so the players have an equal chance of raising those creatures and participating.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

The final rules:

[list]
[*]Loreroot creatures only
[*]Each round is the best 2 of 3 duels
[*]No spells
[*]Bursts and boosters allowed
[*]Tokens allowed
[*]Any slider setting allowed
[*]Submit fight logs to Tarq or Amoran
[*]If anyone cheats against you with non-LR creatures, please take a screenshot
[/list]

I may increase the rewards for MP3 and MP4, depending on how many people show up.

Congratulations to Clock Master for winning the MP5 division.

Yala Sviseusen and Moon Spirit Dancer were the only fighters to show up for M4 and MP3, respectively, and were awarded the shop credits by default.

Strength and honor!

Edited by Tarquinus