The Perfect Artist 2011

Asterdai

[color="#2e8b57"][i]kay excellent drawing - although I do agree with Ravenstrider, the tree could do with a bit of tweaking. More branches perhaps? it seems a bit lopsided to me.
If your intention was to make three somewhat "humanoid" i.e. the 2 smaller branches resembling hands, the larger brancher the head - then leave it as is....[/i][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping that Asterdai would handle the rest of this, but I have no idea where he went!

My favorite avatar, and the avatar that I would choose if I had gold and silver to buy it and credits to upload it, would be the one that Kay drew.

There were many others that I liked, in fact, all. The idea of creating a tree out of words was imaginative, xrieg, and I wish it had come together a bit more elegantly.

So... I'm not sure where we go from here. Wait for Asterdai to come back? Feel free to contact me, Kay, if there is something else I can do without the support of Asterdai.

Awi

Actually this quest attempt convinced me I am able draw something - and for that I am grateful (a little nudge pull - and 'hmm.. it's not as hopeless as I seem to recall': [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/9206-xriegs-avy-attempts/page__pid__80375#entry80375"]avys I drew[/url]). This 'words' avatar looks as bad both bacause of my skill - but also because I learned how to export avy a few days after I exported this one.

Edited by xrieg

Oh, wow, and I haven't even started fixing the lopsidedness yet! I'm happy that you liked it. I should have some time on the weekend to tweak the image and see if I can get it into the proper format. Once that's done, I guess we can figure out how to proceed from there.

Edit to add a [i]slightly[/i] revised image:
[attachment=2646:book-tree-revised-small.png]

Edit to add avatar versions of both original and revised images:
[attachment=2648:book-tree-tiny.gif] [attachment=2649:book-tree-revised-tiny.gif]

Er, did I do it right? Is the "MD" visible enough...?

Edited by Kay Ingild

• 1 month later...