Goodbye MD!

Goodbye MD and MD team. Nice game. Keep doing great things. I'll leave MD because it is too confusing for me. Can't find any inventory or equipment. I must kill 100 creatures but I didn't find any on the whole map. Don't know where to go. Quests must give more details and the tutorial must be better done. I'd like to play it, but I don't know what to do, where to go...I'm just walking and can't find anything to attack/loot. Else, nothing to say, great design and concept, nice artwork. Voted it already 10 on BBGsite but it has some drawbacks: confusing for new players. A better tutorial, and some quest for rookies would bring more players. Thank you for this nice game. Have a nice day!

In standard game:
1. you do not watch/ read intro - it's a waste of time and does not influence gameplay
2. 'storyline' questions are used to customize character usually in some minor factor; meaningless otherwise,
3. first typical game actions you perform in tutorial; it's mostly to learn where to click (colorful arrows and highlighting)
4. some how-tos and walkthrough will give you a compressed version of game features and objectives; in case there were something worth reading in introduction/ tutorial you rushed through
As a consequence ads-brought new player will most probably click several times 'all right, all right, let me see the actual game' - and before he knows what hit him, he is left alone at MDP and is supposed to play. He may be persistent and attack someone (at this level - most probably he will loose and get 'read the sign!' message).
It seems the approach is to make more people enter the game - and playing the first few days in permanent confusion is the first player quest :-P

thats what the lhos are for thats what the button is for, true that system needs a little work because some do tend to go idle rather then logging out but none the less your able to send a msg asking for help to veterans of the game whose responsibility it is to help the newbies out with any confusion they may have.

Maybe it confuses people that they only attack the tutorial shades right from the map at first, and then have to attack other people from the player-list. It says that you do that somewhere, but people never read things, apparently.

And they rarely use the LiveHelp button at an early age. It seems that they rather leave than have the inconvenience of typing out what's worrying them.

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1296749475' post='78412']
Maybe it confuses people that they only attack the tutorial shades right from the map at first, and then have to attack other people from the player-list. It says that you do that somewhere, but people never read things, apparently.

And they rarely use the LiveHelp button at an early age. It seems that they rather leave than have the inconvenience of typing out what's worrying them.
[/quote]

and like Cantr.net and the old FaerieTaleOnline, this seems to serve as an excellent filter to the types of player that may not enjoy hte game. not to say they are "wrong" for the game, as I'd love to see the numbers of active players grow larger and larger, but as some folks like RTS game, and some prefer FPS games, and still others prefer RPG games (yes, that's reduntant I know) there's a certain "mindset" to get into for MagicDuel.
It's awesome, but for those who dislike the challenge of "figure it out", that sort may not last here either way, sadly.
The initial tutorial works as a filter in that regard, keeping the quality of the realm higher than soem other chat-based RPG games, I think.

is merely my 2copper though, and may be subject to further misinterpretation at will. :cool:

This is ridiculous; it's obvious that he didn't bother to read and was looking for something ridiculously simple.
I assure you, if you can't be bothered to read the tutorial and get through the mp3 fase, then every single other facet of the game will not appeal to you, in the slightest.
Thus, even if the tutorial became easy, simple and newb friendly, then the rest of the game still wouldn't be liked.

I was fond of playing cardgames like Duel Masters, Yu-Gi-Oh etc....... I joined the game thinking that this was one kind of them :) ...but after joining I found that its not like that and its not the one similar to Travian or tribalwars.... I wont say I was confused, .....I thought to leave but the cool drawings, the creatures , the look of the lands.. called me back ...and I observed and found answers for some of my questions...and continued playing with only one aim that was to get a Dragon .....it took me some time to get a dragon but by that time I was so bounded to MD and its harder for me to leave this realm.....

-rider

In the Story mode, If we change the last Two shades to appear as normal Orange colored name 'Shade' just like ur names appearing in the chat log instead of a shade figure popping out.
This will prompt the new players to learn how to attack real players too as they will learn to click the name and press Attack tab. noobs r noobs hehe

Edited by Tipu

Pity. Once you figure the game out it's not that hard at all. (This is coming from the rabbit that got lost in the maze for days.) You battle other players. When a day of rest comes around or when the urge strikes you, you go and explore and if that doesn't strike your fancy you talk to others. Aside from being on constant tail woopen alert this game is great. If you don't understand the game then I really don't know what to say about you.