Links

Kyphis the Bard

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of the main things I notice amongst newer players is that they have trouble finding the [Restrictions] and [Free credits] links at the top of the page.

Both of these are important links, the first to help prevent unnecessary conflict and frustration, and the second to help support MD.

My suggestion is to make the [Restrictions] link behave like the [View Announcements] link, highlighting Red if it hasn't been viewed or if the page has been updated, and returning to grey/brown once viewed; and the [Free credits] link to be permanently green.

It won't guarantee that they will find them, read them, or use them, but I think it will improve the odds.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' timestamp='1298271573' post='79165']
One of the main things I notice amongst newer players is that they have trouble finding the [Restrictions] and [Free credits] links at the top of the page.

Both of these are important links, the first to help prevent unnecessary conflict and frustration, and the second to help support MD.

My suggestion is to make the [Restrictions] link behave like the [View Announcements] link, highlighting Red if it hasn't been viewed or if the page has been updated, and returning to grey/brown once viewed; and the [Free credits] link to be permanently green.

It won't guarantee that they will find them, read them, or use them, but I think it will improve the odds.
[/quote]

I agree with you, but as a suggestion, you might want to start a poll.

Popular opinion can make things change in MD.

That's why it's a Player Shaped Adventure.

I will vote "YES" to this if it becomes a Poll.

that was one of hte things I commented on the "things that scared newbies" thread.
Since all hte fun stuff was in the page itself, my brain sort of blurred out the tiny little grey line at the top of the page, so did not even register that those links even existed until someone pointed out specifically "At the very top, in the grey line, are important Links!"

I doubt the "Tutorial" could be changed easily, but even mentioning "and at the top is the Adventure Logm, and voting links, and such" similar to unlocking new things like the map and player profile is pointed out as "see over there of the side of your page? you have a map now".

Red text might work too, because once I got an announcement, and was directed "upward" I did finally see htose links, but it took me a good week or two.

I like the idea. It isn't obstructive and doesn't interfere with the story line which it would defenently do if implemented in that way.

There where some people before that said it was a spoiler. I have to disagree with those people immediately. A spoiler is a in game implemented secret such as the answer to the BP and that of the BPG and the large amount of symbolism that was implemented by the artist(s).

It would be nice to see some coloring up there. Perhaps there is a possibility to get an addition with a dropping flag or menu, not sure how it is called. Or tooltips, like when you place mouse over the objects in ingame inventory.

That line of links is important but obviously not the main thing to draw the attention too much, so perhaps some change there will be done when the people who service that part of the game get enough free time.

I voted YES.

I vote yes for all of the various reasons stated above,
I didn't notice the links until my third day and that was only because I decided to click on everything to see if something happened ^_^

BFH draws attention to the Free Creds by posting the link and whatnot in chat, but chat gets cleared much too quickly.
This would be a good way to make sure that people don't miss out on the free creds and/or learning the few restrictions there are.

• 1 month later...