slightly unrandomized voting links?

Maebius

would this be preferred?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that THe voting links have been expanded (YAy!) I noticed that the full list is now getting cut-off on hte page, so that a few links are hidden from me (both on Firefox and IE8).

Since the links are randomized every time you click something, I periodically have to refresh the screen a few times to ensure I have not NOT voted on every available link.

My suggestion would be, to keep the randomized order of the links, but split it into two random lists. Unclicked links would be on top, in random order, and anything you've already used for the day would be listed under them. This would allow us to more easily vote for MD and visit the partner sites, while still keeping a bit of chaos in the list to prevent us from clicknig the same links every time in the same order (if it were not randomized.)

Thoughts?

While I agree with that suggestion because I am as lazy as I am weak, I don't see why you need to refresh the page?

I just scroll down/up when I see no unused link until I am sure I have clicked them all.

Still, I support the suggestion. :D

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now, so I completely agree.
I don't seem have the same problem as you though, Firefox, Opera and even IE seem to show everything.

(isn't this supposed to be in either the new ideas or somewhere in the advertisers forum?)

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1298484802' post='79429']
I don't seem have the same problem as you though, Firefox, Opera and even IE seem to show everything.

(isn't this supposed to be in either the new ideas or somewhere in the advertisers forum?)
[/quote]

Hmm, might just me my work refusing to use a REAL browser, because when I view the list at work (where I login about 80% of the time) the list of links tends to get cut off around 11 links. At home it seems to work fine, but at work I need to keep refreshing the page to 'move' unused links up to where I see them properly and can click it.

Not a huge deal, I just figured I'd toss out the suggestion and see if others noticed the same thing.
It's not the first time I've had wonky browser issues compared with the general populous, either. No worries.

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1298484802' post='79429']

[/quote]

Hmm, might just me my work refusing to use a REAL browser, because when I view the list at work (where I login about 80% of the time) the list of links tends to get cut off around 11 links. At home it seems to work fine, but at work I need to keep refreshing the page to 'move' unused links up to where I see them properly and can click it.

Not a huge deal, I just figured I'd toss out the suggestion and see if others noticed the same thing.
It's not the first time I've had wonky browser issues compared with the general populous, either. No worries.

[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1298563801' post='79520']

[/quote]
Used to happen to me, I'm pretty sure it was just a slow internet connection or something stupid like that. If you click on the background around a link, and then use the spacebar to scroll down the panel it should work...or it did for me >>