MD need good changes

Espartano

The post Junior did with a pool, maybe need was open to reply about changes on MD, well I will post my opinion here anyway.

all listed lands already have crits, as far I hear MD have ALOT of crits but only to a closed number of players, like those Golemus Drachs. maybe some of those kind of crits must have some more access to the players.

some crits maybe can have new lvl to become more useful in combat, or just to players have some fun lvling them :)

MD already have enough mp lvl, they just need to become accessible.

I really will love the day I open the story chapters and see a new one to go ahead and jump to MP6.

how MD is now is giving me anything to keep me in it, what is this kind of changes are coming just to let the game even more locked in to a small group of players?
so now to just max a heretic archer, one of the most common crits in MD you must be MP6?
what about Angiens and Drachs that people must wait AGES to see them out of shell or pay ALOT for them ($50+) and now need to be MP6?
many will say is easy to go MP6, just pray/pay 30 guys to hold you up for a weekend, but I really dont like this kind of things, MP6 was a special MP level to people that whant to stay there to help others, maybe the changes must come this way: turn the actual MP6 system as MP7, and open the patch to who whant to be Mp6 to be the ultimate fighter lvl as promissed below:

"About next MP Level
[i][b][color="#8B0000"]Mind Power 5 level is the ultimate fighting level.[/color][/b][/i] ... This is the last game stage that can be accessed in a normal way, the next stages require special things to be activated." [i]from mp4 last page before active xp cap.[/i]
how Mp5 is now is just a joke of this.

Help change MD, Junior asked, [color="#FF0000"]but MD need change to Help itself[/color].

Edited by Espartano

1. THERE IS A REASON WHY THINGS ARE RARE.

2. The changes of MP6 are [b]NOT YET IMPLIMENTED.[/b] There are plenty of things that are going to change! You may not have a memory like mine, but really?

3. 50 dollars goes towards SUPPORTING MD. If you don't want to spend money, then gee.... there's oh, wait? FREE CREDITS. Which, ironically enough, ALSO help to support MD!

4. The change is to prevent younger people from getting huge monstrous creatures when they shouldn't need to.

5. Don't just whine and say you're going to leave MD because of the fighting. THERE IS MORE TO MD THAN FIGHTING.

It's called getting a role. It is called growing up, sucking up and dealing with the changes that come and go. So what, fighting is harder. EVERYONE has equal chance of getting their creatures raised, it just depends on how they go about it. There are means to do so, despite how I feel about them.

Mur works his fricken tuckus off to try and make people happy, to accomodate the game and the people of MD. Maybe if you paid more attention to the dynamics of the game ASIDE from the fighting then maybe, just maybe you will learn something.

Even you can't rant away that MP5 is a little messy now, though.
I don't mind half finished stuff personally, but 2 months have come and gone since the people who now reach MP5 can't get the creatures older MP5 used for ages.

Unlike the lower MP-levels, you can't turn the max creatures off for MP5, because there's no way to advance yet, but the newbies who reach MP5 can't match the creatures we already have.

This IS an issue, and a frustrating one as such.

Maybe I just don't understand because I don't fight.

But isn't it a regular happening in MD for things to be half finished? We've dealt with it for years, haven't we? 2 months is nothing in comparison.

And perhaps there is also a reason why Mur is holding off on changes, has that not be thought of?

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1306342991' post='85072']
Maybe I just don't understand because I don't fight.
[/quote]

well Im talking about creatures, max them, and MP lvl, all kinds about fight, if you dont fight, you already said dont understand my point.
MD can hold people that like to Role play like you, or fight like me, but fight isnt the Role of a Spartan?

And Burns just make clear what I think and said in 1st post, the Abyss between older players with powerful crits maxed and full tokened and new MP5 that come unprepared to this, so the MP6 and 7 lvl must come as fast as possible to acomodate this kind of players.

I would like to see The Wind & Rain become a reality...ie, have it's own page. I need to have a least 40 votes or more to see this happen. Please give this idea a try to make MD evolve. Add your ideas to make it functional.

disregard this post. Chewy, Please remove.

Edited by Windy

I agree Windy, I would love to see "The Wind and Rain Pub". A real pub with the artwork to go with it, in an new person accessible location, where people can come drink, socialize and RP. I think it would be great!

It would be nice if the pub also had items that can be clicked on. This way, some of the people that have access to write scripts for them could make the pub more interractive. Perhaps clicking on a bar tap item would say that you just filled your glass with delicious frosty beer.

I don't know if this can be done or I'm reaching here, but perhaps Mur could make it even more fun by making items interract with your stats. So for example, you might be able to come drink beer there (say twice a day) and each time it adds a little temporary vitality (as you fill your belly you feel better). But once you drink your third mug of beer, you now get a negative modifier to your initiative for 20 minutes (since you got drunk!). Maybe the more you drink the more negative modifiers you get. Or maybe it takes more AP to move around the drunker you get.

So nothing permament to your stats, but potentially fun. Maybe even a tag or something to show that you're drunk. Maybe as you walk around drunk, the people see "Esmaralda just stumbled into the room, the scent of alcohol emanating strongly from her".

Just some random ideas. =)

Edited by Esmaralda

• Root Admin

[quote name='Windy' timestamp='1306428353' post='85149']
I would like to see The Wind & Rain become a reality...ie, have it's own page. I need to have a least 40 votes or more to see this happen. Please give this idea a try to make MD evolve. Add your ideas to make it functional.
[/quote]

make another topic if you want to discuss your idea, dont hijack this general topic. And where the hell has the "40 votes" come from? Iv never heard that before...

[quote name='Esmaralda' timestamp='1306428772' post='85150']
I agree Windy, I would love to see "The Wind and Rain Pub". A real pub with the artwork to go with it, in an new person accessible location, where people can come drink, socialize and RP. I think it would be great!

It would be nice if the pub also had items that can be clicked on. This way, some of the people that have access to write scripts for them could make the pub more interractive. Perhaps clicking on a bar tap item would say that you just filled your glass with delicious frosty beer.

I don't know if this can be done or I'm reaching here, but perhaps Mur could make it even more fun by making items interract with your stats. So for example, you might be able to come drink beer there (say twice a day) and each time it adds a little temporary vitality (as you fill your belly you feel better). But once you drink your third mug of beer, you now get a negative modifier to your initiative for 20 minutes (since you got drunk!). Maybe the more you drink the more negative modifiers you get. Or maybe it takes more AP to move around the drunker you get.

So nothing permament to your stats, but potentially fun. Maybe even a tag or something to show that you're drunk. Maybe as you walk around drunk, the people see "Esmaralda just stumbled into the room, the scent of alcohol emanating strongly from her".

[/quote]

I like that idea!

[quote name='Esmaralda' timestamp='1306428772' post='85150']

[/quote]

Thats an AMAZING IDEA!!!!!!!

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1306430067' post='85155']
make another topic if you want to discuss your idea, dont hijack this general topic. And where the hell has the "40 votes" come from? Iv never heard that before...
[/quote]

Forgive me. I thought is was part of the same subject.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1306430067' post='85155']
[/quote]

Junior meant he was adding this idea to his poll. Forgive me, junior.

[color=purple]There's an edit button, you know... - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido

[quote name='Espartano' timestamp='1306426098' post='85134']
And Burns just make clear what I think and said in 1st post, the Abyss between older players with powerful crits maxed and full tokened and new MP5 that come unprepared to this, so the MP6 and 7 lvl must come as fast as possible to acomodate this kind of players.
[/quote]
That would require a whole re-working of the MP6 and MP7 systems, which is what Mur said he would work on in this announcement: [2011-03-04 14:15:58 - Stage 10]

While it would be nice to upgrade, say, my tokened Rusty to max, or my Angiens, and I know how frustrating it is to fight people who hugely outclass you, what can we really do about it other than ask Mur to hurry quicker?

We basically have two options that I can think of:
-GGG type training to give stats to new MP5s so that they at least have a baseline to start from
-Hired Adepts union to allow anyone who can pay to jump to MP6 to upgrade creatures

Both of these options are opposed by some of the community, that much I know, but who knows.
That's all I can think of for now X.x

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1306436584' post='85182']
That would require a whole re-working of the MP6 and MP7 systems, which is what Mur said he would work on in this announcement: [2011-03-04 14:15:58 - Stage 10]

While it would be nice to upgrade, say, my tokened Rusty to max, or my Angiens, and I know how frustrating it is to fight people who hugely outclass you, what can we really do about it other than ask Mur to hurry quicker?

We basically have two options that I can think of:
-GGG type training to give stats to new MP5s so that they at least have a baseline to start from
-Hired Adepts union to allow anyone who can pay to jump to MP6 to upgrade creatures

Both of these options are opposed by some of the community, that much I know, but who knows.
That's all I can think of for now X.x
[/quote]

I know what you mean, I keep on losing and i can't recover fast enough, my stats have been virtually annihalated. One of my suggestions is lose the loss damage for MP5, once you fall even slightly behind rit wise there's just no recovering

Edited by Necromancer Mortis

For mp5, combo training is far superior over the GGG style in terms of raising stats. But stats don't really help you much unless you have an overwhelming advantage, and a few tokens give more stats than months of hard grinding, so it's wasted effort, IMO.

@ Mortis - Come to the MDP sometime and farm vics on me. There is no need to remove skilldamage; it's perfectly avoidable using priests, as my case shows.

Edited by apophys