Role Playing

When I first started playing this game, I did so at the request of a good friend of mine. The biggest selling point for me was how expansive and unique the role-playing element of the game was.

Now, I just reached MP4, and don't get me wrong, I love the game so far, but the role-playing community here has been...dissapointing.
I went out of my way to write what I thought was a fairly interesting backstory for my character; I made Dominus into a real person in the hopes of becoming a part of the story that [i]is[/i] MD. Unfortunately, I did this only to find that the other players dont seem to care.

Other than a collection of veteran players (Who were the saving point for this game, btw. Thank you for making this game a pleasure.), It has been nearly impossible for me to find other players who are willing to have any real role-play. Hell, most of them don't seem to want to talk [i]at all[/i] other than to converse on ritual plans and the like.

While not a game killer for me, this is all just very dissapointing. And, sadly, I fear that this game will get very boring very quickly if I can't find any player interaction.

Was I misinformed about the game? Or did I just happen to sign up during a quiet time?
Perhaps I'm just looking in all the wrong places?
Any help, advise, or general wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Dominus Lux

I am a young player myself, so please take that with a grain of salt.

As another topic opened in the General section would show you, people put a lot of different meaning into Role Playing. I would strongly suggest that you find a few people who enjoy RP the way you do it. It should be feasible in the community. Those might not be in crowded locations like The Marind's Bell Park... as you seem to have noticed it. But they are there, somewhere.

Once you have found a few of players that you feel comfortable with, then start enjoying your RP in that small community, and progressively you will be able to extend it in different locations, and with different people. To "get a name" in the community seem also quite important for the other to interact more with you RP wise. And that takes some time too. As of new players who don't RP... well, you will show and attract some of them in your RP... and then they will be more. ;)

I think the questions here are who and where, rather than how.

The Wind and Rain Pub in Wind's Sanctuary used to be a hotbed of role-play, and there is a movement on to rejuvenate that.

Futher up the road at Awiiya the tree, there is often discussion of stories.

There are quests (my special interest), occassional planned events, and several times a year - festivals. Christmas really is a wonderful time. You just missed the 6th birthday party.

ps - people will care more about your backstory when your character's action catch their eye...

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

[quote name='Curiose' timestamp='1306481033' post='85229']
Why did you make another thread instead of just putting this on Windy's?

Bit redundant.
[/quote]
He might've not seen it, and besides, he could end up just being passed over in Windy's, because everyone wants to argue over there <<

Edit: I've realized that it's closed now, but wasn't when you posted, so whatever. My reasoning still stands, but it's a bit pointless now >>

Edited by Pipstickz

[quote name='Dominus Lux' timestamp='1306478123' post='85225']
When I first started playing this game, I did so at the request of a good friend of mine. The biggest selling point for me was how expansive and unique the role-playing element of the game was.

Now, I just reached MP4, and don't get me wrong, I love the game so far, but the role-playing community here has been...dissapointing.
I went out of my way to write what I thought was a fairly interesting backstory for my character; I made Dominus into a real person in the hopes of becoming a part of the story that [i]is[/i] MD. Unfortunately, I did this only to find that the other players dont seem to care.

Other than a collection of veteran players (Who were the saving point for this game, btw. Thank you for making this game a pleasure.), It has been nearly impossible for me to find other players who are willing to have any real role-play. Hell, most of them don't seem to want to talk [i]at all[/i] other than to converse on ritual plans and the like.

While not a game killer for me, this is all just very dissapointing. And, sadly, I fear that this game will get very boring very quickly if I can't find any player interaction.

Was I misinformed about the game? Or did I just happen to sign up during a quiet time?
Perhaps I'm just looking in all the wrong places?
Any help, advise, or general wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

there are few of us left. but keep your eye on the chat. We are around.

• 6 months later...

*would like to find a picture with the T-shirt that says "Roleplay This!"*

But anyway, I love RP but I also love fighting and I'm having a trouble being split between those two in a public location :/

[quote name='Quashen' timestamp='1325284417' post='99154']
*would like to find a picture with the T-shirt that says "Roleplay This!"*

But anyway, I love RP but I also love fighting and I'm having a trouble being split between those two in a public location :/
[/quote]

For the whole external md shop; http://www.zazzle.com/chkmanu

For the roleplay this t-shirt; http://www.zazzle.com/roleplay_this_t_shirt-235562689324810978

[quote name='Chengmingz' timestamp='1325305226' post='99181']
I am entirely looking forward to wars a battles.

Peace does not pay well.

C

It is also a little boring.
[/quote]

I am sorry, but would you mind explaining this better, Cheng?

[quote name='DarkPriestess' timestamp='1325897665' post='100200']

I am sorry, but would you mind explaining this better, Cheng?
[/quote]

Ah my apologies. I was not referring you Lady Peace. I was talking about Peace as in world peace and such. And by that I mean there would be more trading of creatures, resouces and spells overall if there was war.

My apologies.

C

Edited by Chengmingz