Spells to put post-its on scenes

Fyrd Argentus

Would be cool to be able to leave a "stamp" -- some sort of minor illustration -- on the scenes for any eyes to see. Perhaps these would be little colored butterflies, flowers, mushrooms, skulls, footprints, fingerprints, cigarette butts, bloodstains, torn hem of cloth, etc.

Would be massively useful in leaving trails for clues for mystery quests.

They would obviously have to expire in a specified time-frame.

There is probably going to be concern about screening the allowed stamps - so I guess there would have to be an approved list or pallet that grows over time.

easier than putting stuff on the scene itself - have a side panel info bit, you can write things in there.

kinda not needed though, what with clickables in a lot of the scenes, could just write in those, having stuff plastered all over the location would start to look messy methinks

[size="2"][font="Verdana"]could be a button before "Players online here:X" called something like "Brief scene info", or just "Info".
when you click it - new on-top panel pops up with info about the room. such panel already exists with some info about this and that in some scenes, you just need to press a clickie.
would be useful for those who needs the info, and not disturbing for those who don't.
[/font][/size]

Edited by duxie

While the alternative suggestions are interesting, I immediately envisioned things like the "Vitality Elixers" when Iread Fyrd's original suggestion.
Now I really, REALLY want to see a few bits of minor small "flair" in the scenes, for those with the proper spell docs or such. CAll them Illusions, or such. :)

If at all, it would have to be extremely limited.
Like, only ally leaders on their own terrain, or even kings only, and the neutral lands divided between the kings in some way.

Else there'd be way too many such things.

Also, I'd think that they'd need a mouse-over function to tell people something, otherwise it might be mistaken as part of the actual scene which might get people on the wrong track of what MD really looks like... Imagine a newbie traveling down newbie road and beheaded corpses lie in every corner <.<

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1306836766' post='85452']
Also, I'd think that they'd need a mouse-over function to tell people something, otherwise it might be mistaken as part of the actual scene which might get people on the wrong track of what MD really looks like... Imagine a newbie traveling down newbie road and beheaded corpses lie in every corner <.<
[/quote]

I would imagine this extremely limited as well, with only Kings/Queens or dedicated quest-builders having access to it. In relation to "littering the scenes" why wouldn't the visibility of these quest-stamps be defaulted to on? Similar to the current little surprise found near the fountain, which is gone once found, these stamps could default to "off" and only be visible if the character is keyed properly? Likewise, why aren't I still seeing shades outside the House of Liquid Dust? I did once .. or thrice. :cool:

The gazebo shifts during Christmas, after all, and even though Everyone sees it, that hasn't caused new folks to wonder why it's called the Gazebo scene when a tree is clearly visible. (or if it does, they learn eventually, and it doesn't distract too much)

My vision was of a spell with limited casts that would therefore limit the number of such stamps around the realm. Plus they would expire in a few days, or on spell reset or such. Very few people would spend a wishpoint for this - except "dedicated quest builders".

I'm thinking 10% the surface area of an avy - small. Color would be nice, but maybe only on mouse-over...

Heck, a completely different game concept would be that the scenes were 100% composite collages of stamps put there by the players - but that is not what i'm suggesting here.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

Code it into a clickable with a picture overlaying the scene image, or edit the tags/title of the location (unlockable in wishshop).
It's an interesting idea but the logistics would render it infeasible. If you think you have a really good idea for a object to be placed on the scene feel free to submit the suggestion to [council].

Edited by Rendril