Your Favorite Scene From Each Land Quest

BFH

[left] [url="http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=52&post=307&uid=125224180880844"][size="4"]YOUR FAVORITE SCENE FROM EACH LAND, WHICH & WHY?[/size][/url]
[url="http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=52&post=307&uid=125224180880844"][size="4"]FB QUEST[/size][/url]
[/left]
This quest is a simple quest, but will be highly rewarded.

What you have to do is simple:

From each Land you will choose your favorite scene, you will mention it, and you will explain why you consider it as your favorite?

Lands are:

[list][*]Golemus Golemicarum.[*]Necrovion[*]Loreroot[*]Marind Bell[*]MD Archives[*]Underground[*]Lands Of The East[*]No Mans Land[/list]
If you don't have access to X land and consequently you can't write of it, just post the ones you can access.

THEY MUST BE POSTED IN THE [url="http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=52&post=307&uid=125224180880844"]PROPER FACEBOOK DISCUSSION[/url]

Entries will be judged by their content. Better content and explanation means more chances to win. NO alts allowed.
[color="#ff0000"]
[b]Rewards are the following:[/b][/color]

[b]First Place:[/b]

One Wish Point + $10.00 credits

[b]Second Place:[/b]

One Shop Creature + $10.00 credits

[b]Third Place: [/b]

$10.00 credits

BE SURE TO POST PLAYER NAME & ID with the submission.

Since I can't compete, my entry will be the

[log=Example:]

Playername: *BFH Lightning" ID: 181413

Golemus Golemicarum:

[list][*]Tempest Fort- I believe this scene is beautiful, not only for it artwork, but because for me, it represents the key of many secrets about Golemus.[/list]
Necrovion:

[list][*]Accursed Growth Interior- This is one of my favorites of all MagicDuel. Even thou I had been inside once, this scene captured my attention. For me it represents that the outer look of something not always represents it's interior, or like a saying says: "Don't judge a book by its cover."[/list]Loreroot:

[list][*]RavenHold, Capitol of Loreroot- This scene hold beautiful artworks. For me it represents the perfect balance between nature and evolution.[/list]
Marind Bell:

[list][*]Winds Sanctuary, Capitol of Marind Bells- This scene is a symbol of peace and serenity. At least that is what it represents for me. Also it artwork is really great.[/list]
MD Archives:

[list][*]Great Hall of the Sun Balcony- This scene is the one I believe that represents the true meaning of the Archives Land. Sun mean light or in this case enlightenment. That's generally what you get from reading, and well we all know Archives holds lots of useful information, so this scene represents what we get from the Land itself.[/list]
Underground:

[list][*] Gazebo of Chaos- This scene cause me a lot of curiosity, not only because it's not finished, but because I relate it with GoE and makes me guess which secrets it holds.[/list]
Lands Of The East:

[list][*] Borderview Tower- So far, this is one of the greatest scenes of the Lands Of The East. It makes me wonder, what is waiting for us after the border? That kind of interrogative is what calls my attention of this scene.[/list]
No Mans Land:

[list][*] Gazebo of Equilibrium- Well this is one of the greatest areas of all MagicDuel. All the lands are connected by it. So we can say it's the Center of All Magic.[/list]
[/log]

Again, ALL ENTRIES MUST BE POSTED IN OUR [url="http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=52&post=307&uid=125224180880844"]FACEBOOK PAGE SPECIFIC DISCUSSION[/url].

Have Fun,

~BFH

BTW: You can comment on other people submissions :D

EDIT: I almost forget... Will end in 3 or 4 weeks.

Edited by BFH

• 3 weeks later...

Quest will end on Day 186 Year 6. This time won't finish in a specific time. It will end anytime during that day.

Remember rewards are pretty NICE.

[b]First Place:[/b]

One Wish Point + $10.00 credits

[b]Second Place:[/b]

One Shop Creature + $10.00 credits

[b]Third Place: [/b]

$10.00 credits

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Results at last!!! Yay!! (Grido never submitted his scores, so I took in considerations only the other 2 juries votes) :D

First Place with a score of 370 out of 480 is:
[b] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Player name: Maebius[/font][/size][/b]
[b] Id: 208870[/b]

[log=Entry]
[b] Player name: Maebius[/b]
[b] Id: 208870[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] edit: Curse you BFH, for getting in my head for some of my own answers... I dont' mean to copy your thoughts on MB and underground. Honest.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Marind Bell:[/b]
[b] Toss up here between the Roundabout (lots of clickies, oh, to learn all that they do!) and the the capital Wind's Sanctuary. I like the expansive nature of the scene there in the capital, which seems 'bigger' than most other scenes. I also tend to just like the artistic feel of the drawing itself. A little bridge, sweeping walkways, and such. There's no deeper reason to prefer this scene over others in MB, other than it "looks nice" and feels peaceful to be there, regardless of the Sanctuary tag it has.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Golemus Golemicarum:[/b]
[b] My favorite scene here is the Mill, mostly because it is such a nice drawing, as well as being a potentially functional bit of scenery. There is water, the beach, rocks, and the building itself, plus the bridge. All sorts of interesting RP and stories could be told there, using the varied elements of the scene.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Necrovion:[/b]
[b] By far, the most interesting scene in this barren land is the Demented Ascent. Other than the strange text of the stairs having a heart and a brain, and insanity, the overall scene itself has always bugged me as Important for some reason I can't easily explain. Partially, because I think is is almost a representative in miniature of the entire main-lands of MD. (the cliff to the east obviously matches the larger map of Necrovion where the cliff is... the pile of rocks where Golemus's mountain would be, the stairs tracing up to a cave, like the path up through NoMansLand from the House of Liquid Dust towards the Angien Shrine, etc.... only a tree is missing to represent Loreroot.)[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Loreroot:[/b]
[b] I am torn between saying Madman's Trial, for the interesting and somewhat mysterious checkerboard pattern that seems to show up in other areas (like inside other House/buildings, Tainted or otherwise) as well as it's mysterious inclusion of the little pulley system that seems to exist there.... Alternately, I rather like the Defensive Tower Interior (ROTMI) for being a scene that is more than the scene. It's an Inn, and a nice example of folks taking liberties with the principle of Imagination to make it something greater than a simple shop-clickie-place.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] MD Archives:[/b]
[b] I don't spend too much time in this Land, but would have to say that my favorite scene here is definitely Awiiya's Way. Not only is it the first scene through the gates of MDA proper (unlike the Heresy Lane and Maple location, which I think should be part of MB), ther eis a really special bit of scenery that is affected directly by the activity or idleness of a player himself. That Awiiya is literally part of the scenery there made a huge impact in my early days of MagicDuel to set my mind up with "anything is possible" with consistency and dedication to a Role.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Underground:[/b]
[b] Hmm, tough one, but I'll go with the Gazebo of Chaos (sorry to copy you BFH). Why? I'll simply copy/paste the text from there: GAME BORDER. This feature is in work, until it's finished you can't pass further. As new features are added, the game borders expand constantly. Watch the changelog for information of when this border will be opened.[/b]
[b] Hoping beyond hope that the borders expand and the Gazebo functions like it's above-ground counterpart makes me happy.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] No Mans Land:[/b]
[b] The Tranquil Plains or the Meeting of the Roads appeal to me, for being quiet fields that are starkly unlike the confines of my work cubicle IRL. also, mostly the Meeting of the Roads now, due to Rumi's efforts at building a garden there, if only in our minds. See the commentary of Loreroot's Inn, for another example of "More than it looks" scenery. *nods*[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Lands Of The East:[/b]
[b] The Drywater Creek. Partially because I tend to have a thing for enjoying bridges and scenes with streams in them, and also the name is mysterious. Dry water? Is it anything like Liquid Dust? (ironic question, lest you AncientLore killjoys attack for mentioning it) I just like the imagery there, and the name. Otherwise, I don't tend to explore the Tribunal lands as much as some people might.[/b]

[/log]

Second Place with a score of 337 out of 480 is:
[b] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Player: Stipple[/font][/size][/b]
[b] ID: 219901[/b]

[log=Entry]
[b] Golemus Golemnicarium[/b]
[b] Although technically still in No Man’s Land, the Gates of Ages provides a tantalizing hint to the wonders of GG. The dancing vapors forming the reversed keystone of the arch hints at the merger of technology and magic that animates the gate. I stand and sway to the lambent texture of unheard melodies wrapped around it.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Marind Bell[/b]
[b] Whisper Alley with its cobbled walkways and softly framed bench forms a triangular oasis of peace. Just beyond its cool, shaded trees is the hustle and bustle of a busy land. It provides a respite from the clamor of tradesmen and thunder of battle training that turning a corner faces you with. Sometimes sitting and watching teaches more than all the eager tumbling questions ever can.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] No Man’s Land[/b]
[b] The Clash of Ages is a place that exudes the fire and spirit of unquenchable heroism. The long ago battle that seeded the soil here with the scattered debris of cast off armour and broken weapons carved the names of those warriors into the fabric of Magic Duel . Laying here is a book that chronicles them and bridges the gap between then and now that forms the basis for the future.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] MD Archives[/b]
[b] Archive’s main lobby with dual gently curving staircases that frame the entry to the Hall of Sun like uplifted wings. This gentle room whispers of hidden treasures, places to explore, and multi-faceted paths that wander towards knowledge by circuitous routes.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Underground[/b]
[b] The passageway leading to the cliff. The groaning weight of the stones above slides down the rough earth walls and rests uneasily under my scurrying feet. There is darkness behind me that provides a perfect counterpoint for the beckoning light of the opening ahead of me.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Lands Of The East[/b]
[b] The roundabout is an unexpected pleasure, an eye peering out from under the sweeping branches of the shrubbery that curve around it. I almost expect it to wink as I circumnavigate the walkways that define it. There is a sense of everything pouring towards this place, being examined and carefully repositioned into the appropriate direction afterwards. [/b]

[/log]

Third Place:

For this one this time I'm going to reward two players because the difference between the score was only one point.

1) player: xrieg[size=4] ID: 208902[/size] [With a score of 308 out of 480]

[log= Entry]
[b] ->Golemus Golemicarum[/b]
[b] Pillars of Harmony.[/b]
[b] For me - object of mystery, with more questions than answer. Every time I pass by I recall MD endless day and supposed connection of the Pillars. Also, the only object beside GoE capable of teleportation (alas - broken). It all make this scene unique to me.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] ->Necrovion[/b]
[b] Passage of War. For me it was a missing piece of puzzle between MB, Necrovion, and storyline before I got there.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] ->Loreroot[/b]
[b] Raven's Peace.[/b]
[b] Beatiful nature - and I spend many hours there cultivating my own private forest *winks*[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] ->Marind Bell[/b]
[b] MDP[/b]
[b] No originality here. In terms of lands and concepts GoE may be the center - but in terms of people - it is Marble Dale Park. I spend there most of the time and quite often do not leave it all day (well, except some walk for heat :-P)[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] ->MD Archives[/b]
[b] Broken Pattern Gazebo Interior[/b]
[b] By far the best puzzle I encountered in MD so far. Took me quite some time and effort to solve :-) Great quest in all respects (challenge, reusability, execution)[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] ->Underground[/b]
[b] Gazebo of Chaos.[/b]
[b] Personal favourite.IN the course of Mya's and sasha's quests GoC stimulated me to do some thinking about Principles - in particular Enthropy-Synthropy Light-Darkness Timy-Cyclity - and Undergound - and lands above.[/b]
[b] Also - the game border - what lies beyond Gazebo of _Chaos_?[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] ->Lands Of The East[/b]
[b] Temple interior (not remember the exact name).[/b]
[b] I associate Tribunal with hard climb of heavy AP per step. The temple is the pinnacle of the climb, symbol of rewarded patience and perseverance. New Tribunal map may have many beautifully drawed scenes (as opposite to temple interior 'unfinished' look) - but drawing beauty alone is not enough to sway my preferences :-)[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] ->No Mans Land[/b]
[b] House of Liquid Dust[/b]
[b] Similar reasoning to my GG preference - Liquid Dust is a concept I know about but do dot know it well itself. Scenes like this remind me that there are some concepts in MD beyonf casual grinding. It also reminds me that MD has history of development that was often RP based (AL) - not developers given; community involvment in game evolution.[/b]

[/log]

2) Player Tipu ID:177326 [With a score of 307 out of 480]

[log= Entry]

[b] Golemus Golemnicarium : Storm Dock, One of the two places where u got to take a boat to travel. What unique here is its a sail boat unlike the the boat under Oar in MB so u need to know sailing hehe. A good place for vacation or Honeymoon perhaps as Only few player can access it. It also holds a secret Lab for insane characters hehe.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Necrovion : Primary Prison Cell, Yeah that my Favorite place of all MD scenes. Its very beautiful and peacefully place. Filled with Rats, Disgusting Odor, even some body parts. And good thing is there is no plants/trees it basically nature free place. Sadly there r few human right violations like there is no toilet, no water, no Gym, no sports fun. Recommending a female jail warrant to boast the morale of innocent players like me. Actually all MD legends have stepped their foot in this Honorable place.I think it my turn to become the Greatest legend of all Muhahaha[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Loreroot : Wasp's totem, Well U can see crazy button + some kind of map + a cap + a chair and whats unique is when u click those button nothing happens hehe. This place tells noobs that u r not the only Crazy mental inhabitant of this land there were similar Crazy mentally unstable people who have lived here before hehe.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Marind Bell : Champion's Dome. Whats special, The dome can be seen from outside the MB walls too. Making it a unique structure that can been seen from two places. A Good place during HC cos' only few players can access that place. What it holds no one knows but the word Champion denotes this place is for Champ. warrior like me hehe.[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] MD Archives : Beyond Cellar Door. Yeah iam taking about a scene beyond that cellar door which got no name. Long back it used be a place of all crime doings in MD. Be it be a secret training, Secret trade , or a secret meeting it used to the place where MD underground mafia operates. But now its a Void space thanks to Murmus secret agents who have busted that place. Now no more a secret place but who knows if u r lucky u can find useful some day hehe[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Underground : Underway Cavern, If u understand this place u can understand why Sun never set in MD. This will be ur most probably the first place where u will come across a lighted candle. Imagine if Darkness falls upon MD Mur has to create such candles in almost ever scene. Rumors say there r about 200+ scene that means 200+ candles = an alliance worshiping the candles and a group opposing it + u can't have wind too as it will blow off the candle light = A total CHAOS hehe[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] Lands Of The East : Knatys Vacation House, That where my Commander is going to brag how he lost his soldier during his last mission in his rest time. And why his mission always fails hehe[/b]
[b] [/b]
[b] No Mans Land : Gazebo of Equilibrium, It has the most clickables in one place. And those pillars contain magic and is free to use even for a new mp3 players only if he discovers its secret. I love when the orange light pops up, i feel like iam in Star wars movie hehe[/b]

[/log]

[s]I almost forgot, contact me for your prizes.[/s]

Rewards Delivered, Congratulations to the Winners and Thanks to All who participated.

Edited by BFH

• 2 months later...