Unable to change "Forum photo" image

Maebius

When I tried to update my Forum Photo, I am getting the following errors now:

[code]Warning: copy(/home/magicdue/public_html/uploads/1298754213/gallery_4067_192_238836.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/magicdue/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/gallery/modules_public/images/profilephoto.php on line 94

Warning: copy(/home/magicdue/public_html/uploads/profile/photo-4067-temp.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/magicdue/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/gallery/modules_public/images/profilephoto.php on line 140[/code]

This sets my photo to a "null" image it seems, 0x0 pixels in size.
Drat, I miss my hat now....
(Have tried with multiple images, all getting the same errors.)
Anyone else having issues?

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1308311597' post='86379']
send me a forum pm with the image you are trying to upload, im having no issue with uploading some i tested.
[/quote]

It's not uploading them, it's choosing from ones that I already have uploaded .
I tried uploading a new one and it's working fine. But changing it among other images for diversity is giving that error.

• Root Admin

When changing A avatar or photo picture normally the old one will be cached, so althought it says it has uploaded the image, it will appear not to have changed, Clearing the cache and checking can sometimes fix issues.

In regards to getting that error, its only for specific pictures?

Im not sure what you mean by "But changing it among other images for diversity is giving that error."

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1308315630' post='86382']
When changing A avatar or photo picture normally the old one will be cached, so althought it says it has uploaded the image, it will appear not to have changed, Clearing the cache and checking can sometimes fix issues.

In regards to getting that error, its only for specific pictures?

Im not sure what you mean by "But changing it among other images for diversity is giving that error."
[/quote]

I think I figured out the issue.
I have a few images uploaded in my "Gallery Photo Album". When uploading an image to use (such as the horny hat I have now) it was working fine. Changing the image by jsut re-uploading another image replaces it correctly.

I had been trying to change that image by clicking the OTHER images listed on that same page, below in the "Photo Album" section, because I assumed they were listed so could be used as other "forum photos". I think the error is because a few of the images in that album are not the appropriate size for a "forum photo" and are erroring out. I tried jsut now to actually upload the images I wanted to use as forum photos, into the album itself (approval needed pls?). This should let me test if I can simply click -those- images to change the forum photo used, as I expected to do when I got the errors listed.

...or, I am totally misunderstanding why the other images from teh photo album are displayed as available to click on the same page as updating the forum photo. Either way, it confuzzled me, with those errors.
[edit for spelling and been awake 26 hours-ness typos]

Edited by Maebius

• Root Admin

ah, i did not know that you could select gallery images as your photo, since i have never uploaded images to the gallery.

I have approved the forum photoes, i shall also be doing some tests for the gallery, to try and see what is happening.

One likely issue is that the gallery part of the forum has not been recently updated, and has been pretty buggy on the moderation side, So i guess this is probably another point where its a bit dodgey. I have been talking with the council peoples to try and get an upgrade, which hopefully should be worked out sometime soon.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1308317222' post='86384']
I have approved the forum photoes, i shall also be doing some tests for the gallery, to try and see what is happening.
[/quote]

Hmm, well, chosing the newly updated (and valid) images from the gallery also gives the same error, but can be used to 'overwrite' the current image if re-uploaded. So I think it's just wonky. No worries, just wanted to point it out as a potential bug.
*drops the thread and moves on*

Edited by Maebius

• 6 months later...