Law Advisors

Muratus del Mur

I'd like to apply as a law adviser for No Man's (as I will and always remain loyal to... no-one), I'm pretty familiar with the rules and I've generally given advice (to the newer players) as to what is acceptable and what is not, personally I feel that I'm up for it.

Like Chewett, I've always given this advice for free and whether or not I am chosen will not matter as I will still be giving it. I have kind of built my own role over helping and advising new players so I think I might be suitable (even if I'm not personally a LHO or anyone special) :P .

• 3 weeks later...

I would do it although I am not an LHO.
However I think if people are to apply there should be a set of situation they should be presented with and what kind of actions they can take so you can avoid having conflicts with them. Also we would need a viriaty of people from several different time zones. Of course a few more during peak hours.

You do not need to be an LHO to apply, just state here and we will discuss the matter.

The general process is:[list=1]
[*]You apply
[*]We discuss your application privately and see if there are any concerns that we may have that either we need to discuss with you or exclude you immediately
[*]We discuss any concerns we may have with you
[*]A final decision is made on our end, and if applicable ask if you still wish to join
[/list]
We try to keep the process moving as fast as possible, however with time zone issues it can take a few days.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1313139250' post='90054']
Question: why rely on people when we can gather all rules and regulations on a big list (forum or in game, doesn't really matter)? And we can update the list as rules change or new rules are added or old rules are removed?
I agree that there are some gray areas in the rules but maybe having that list will help us reduce the gray areas.
[/quote]

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1313178737' post='90075']
What dst/BFH says is true, there are unwritten rules, even banable ones, so an updated list would be nice - perhaps ones the Law Advisor's have the ability to edit and keep up to date? The use of the individuals is then for understanding of the rules, rather than necessarily finding them out at all.
[/quote]

As with what dst and Grido said... It would seem to me, that a collective document of rules is practically a necessity. Such a list would achieve many things in the safekeeping of Law Advisors.

First of all, there would be no Law Advisor that should mistake a rule, or misinterpret it… if they claim as such, it would be a mark against them, because it is written out for them in the document. Secondly, rules and information for players would be received more quickly. Seeing as that, if any Law Advisor would be unsure of the rule that should be applied, it would be there for them to look up and deal with quickly. Thirdly, as mentioned before, there may not always be a Law Advisor available… this would be a good fallback for anyone who would be curious as to the laws a regulations for their lands. And finally, this would allow Mur to view and check the rules that have been collected, and allow him to see the entries of the Law Advisors. This way, the rules could not be opinionated, they would have to be factual, and there would not be any misguidance by corrupt concepts.

This idea definitely has my support, so long as it comes with the documents to back it. It would be a great relief; compared to having to hunt through the forums for information, when it could be found quickly through the Law Advisors, or the papers.

We have already collected all but the most obscure Laws discussion from the forum, we are still working on getting the Announcement changes formulated into a coherent structure.
Generaly, when something comes up that requires a degree of discussion, we discuss it and set a benchmark interpretation of how all the inter-related rules apply. A good example of this can be found [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10779-story-mode-options/page__st__7"]here[/url].

Once the project has moved ahead to a suitable stage we do plan to have most of the laws data available. However, it is not a quick process to collect all the data, and may take quite some time.

• 2 months later...