White Service [Historical Record]

Phantom Orchid

[b]Karak:[/b] *[i]smiles at the assembly[/i]* Friends, august company and those new to the realm. Welcome to this the inaugural White Service of the Children of the Eclipse.
White Service? I hear you say. Yes, white. In the future, you may hear of the Red, but today it is white in recognition of the Goddess in her gentler moods, calling for peace.
When the Red moon calls bloodletting shall be permitted during the service to honor the Goddess with sacrifice.
But for now let us rest in the arms of the white goddess. For those of you who don\'t know me my name is Karak and I stand as Captain of the Knights of the Moon
But also this day I stand before you has priest of the Moon and one of her representatives here in the realm.
Today I am joined by Meru Chi, high priestess, who shall perform the benedictions to the Goddess to call her to join us here.
[b]*meru chi*:[/b]This day we ask the Goddess to hear us and be present in our offerings to Her and the community of this realm.
[b]Karak:[/b]We are honored so many have come this day to hear our words. Meru, if you will call the Goddess to join us? *[i]steps aside[/i]*
[b]*meru chi*:[/b]We ask to be guided by Her wisdom, to be taught Her knowledge, and be reminded of our hearts so we may lead as an example to our brethren.
[b]*meru chi*:[/b]Goddess of the Moon’s Light we ask your presence and blessing in our service.
[b]:[/b][i]*meru chi* smiles and nods at Karak[/i]
[b].Tarquinus.:[/b]Amen.
[b]Karak:[/b]Amen. *[i]resumes his place[/i]*
[b]*meru chi*:[/b]Amen
[b]*SageWoman*:[/b]Aho
[b]Priestess Aia:[/b]Amen.
[b]Dark Mystic:[/b]Amen
[i]Leucretia is entranced[/i]
S[b]parrhawk:[/b]amen
[b]SilverBlades:[/b]Amen *[i]whispers something to his egg[/i]*
[b]Leucretia:[/b]Amen
[b]Karak:[/b]Today I want to share with you a dream I had, and talk about community and fellowship. But first the dream.
[b]LunarGoddess:[/b]amen
[i]Peace nods in silence[/i]
[b]Karak: [/b]I found myself walking alone, a barren landscape to my right and a prosperous, fertile land to my left. As I walked that border, I pondered on the lives we choose to expend our energies in pursuit of.
On the one hand, enriching the lives of others and ourselves. Planting many seeds that bear life and prosper under our careful, tender attention.
And the other, a wasteland: devoid of sharing, bent on destruction, leaving an empty space where life may have grown.
And I, one foot in the green pastures of prosperity and one in the shriveled wastes of destruction, each one roiling through my soul as I lifted the other foot, calling with the siren song of that chosen path, only quieting when both feet touched the earth.
I wondered what would happen if I faltered in my walk and chose one path over the other. Many nights I had this dream, many nights I looked out over the respective plains, looking for a sign that might sway me to prefer one over another, yet none came until one night a tree stood in my path, requiring me to either go around it or go back.
To go around I would have to choose to visit the pastures of prosperity or the wasteland. Which path did I choose?
Did I make it back to path of balance, or was I seduced by the chosen path\'s siren call?
I cannot tell you that, for each being must choose their own path, unaffected by the choice of another, since neither is wrong or right, just different.
*[i]smiles[/i]* "But what of community," I hear you grumble from your place in the crowd. "That's a nice dream, but how does it help me?"
*[i]raises his hand in acknowledgement[/i]* I say to you, which path are you going to choose? There will be turmoil ahead that will test our hearts.
Many among us will lose their connection to loved ones, dear friends, or devoted enemies.
The lands begin to rumble once more with voices of war; people hear more about the cube from the traveler and wonder what it means.
If I steal my neighbor’s cube, will it make me powerful? Perhaps if I open another's cube I can extinguish them forever?
I do not know the answers to these questions, but I know that if we allow it, the fabric of our community will be torn asunder.
The traveler is sewing discord and intrigue amongst us. As children of the goddess, we can be confident we will be nurtured and protected.
Yet temptations will be put in our path to destroy that which we love or hate and take war to the lands.
Some will grow strong and prosper only to be torn down, while others will lie hidden, seemingly dormant, until a tipping point is reached, and will rise up.
I say, now is the time to look into your heart and the hearts of those you trust and strengthen the bonds of community that bind you.
Be each other’s anchor against the turmoil that may sweep the land, so that when the cycle of calm is restored once more, there will stand the familiar faces of friend and foe alike like guiding stars in the night sky.
And from those faces, you will be able to count the missing and mourn their passing, and live for their sacrifice. They will feel your life in their spirits and rejoice.
So the land will experience new beginnings, and we will know the value of community and build ourselves stronger bonds against the next breaking.
We cannot hold back the winds of change, but we can build ourselves shelters through our bonds of community and fellowship.
Meru if you would please close the time of worship?
[b]*meru chi*:[/b] *[i]smiles and nods[/i]* Of course. We thank the Goddess for the blessing of this service. Our devotion to Her teachings and the guidance of Her wisdom will allow us to nurture and cultivate our community. The awareness of our hearts and minds remind us of our duties to each other. O Goddess of the Moon we thank you for your presence and your departure.
[i]Phantom Orchid bows down and kisses the earth[/i]
[b]*meru chi*:[/b]Amen
[b]SilverBlades:[/b]Amen.
[b]Karak:[/b]Amen.
[b]Dark Mystic:[/b]Amen
[b]*SageWoman*:[/b]~Aho~
[b]Leucretia:[/b]Amen
[b]LunarGoddess:[/b]amen
[b].Tarquinus.:[/b]Amen.
[i]Peace nods in silence[/i]
[b]Priestess Aia:[/b]Amen.
[b]*SageWoman*:[/b]I am pleasantly surprised of this service, Karak.
[b]*SageWoman*:[/b]It has touched my Heart.
[i]Leucretia sighs deeply[/i]