Eclipse sabotaged

Tarquinus

You cheated Pip and should be banned according to the rules. this is what the rules say:[list]
[*]You can have multiple accounts, to try out story, to experince new ways of play etc ..., however if you are detected that you are using them just to help one of your main accounts , all of them including the main will get banned.
[/list]
its simple and your guilty.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Tarquinus' timestamp='1326441321' post='100613']
To the Children of the Eclipse:

This ought to go without saying, but just to be clear: I will not be approaching Mur or the Council about this matter, and I will not be attempting to prosecute Pip in the MD Court or any other body. I have no reason to think Pip used a bug or exploit to get into the CoE, but if he did, I leave such matters in the hands of those whose position it is to regulate them. Until I am given reason to think otherwise, I will assume Pip achieved this act of sabotage through honorable, game-mechanical means.
[/quote]

[quote name='King Bull' timestamp='1326446447' post='100618']
You cheated Pip and should be banned according to the rules. this is what the rules say:[list]
[*]You can have multiple accounts, to try out story, to experince new ways of play etc ..., however if you are detected that you are using them just to help one of your main accounts , all of them including the main will get banned.
[/list]
its simple and your guilty.
[/quote]

King Bull, it helps if you read the message by your alliance leader before being foolish.

Could somebody please enlighten me about what are MD allies for?
Are they orders with internal regulations and goals to define them (and with badge being just a label) - and while some schisms are unavoidable, they should not disregard ally charter and obligations/ duties.
Or - are they just realm 'provinces', vassals to their liege lords but with their internal laws and belonging to anybody who grabs them - and consequently with their obligations and values (if any) subject to change?
The former seems to be the case - and as number of allies is steadily rising more and more allies become 'ally of player X' 'ally of player Y' 'loyalty providing badge for player Z'. As for perspectives (recent SoS phantasm;s thread).... well those badge-only allies are really broken, whether they have once member of 5.

• Root Admin

Some alliances have more history and relevence than others.

One of the most recent examples is the TK's who are specifically around and for people who help mur in the treasury. Wheras GoTR, GG, KoB, NS were more general "50 seater" allliances that were/are quite open and general alliances.

It really depends on the alliance and how it was formed.

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]anyways, i feel the same like xrieg - confused. thought alliances are like ideological societies, communities of people accomplishing similar purpose. like lands just more specific.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]now it looks like it's just a colorful badge with some benefits. more like strategical item. belongs to anyone who manages to take it one way or another. the name and purpose is totally unimportant.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]how to put this simple... i wouldn't be surprised anymore if i see Eon running with "Guardians of the Root" (read it carefully once more) badge, though i still would be confused. *shrugs*[/font][/size]

If you where around during the initial development of alliances (I was not either, this is based on gathered information and may have inaccuracies), you would know the following:

Originally, alliances where formed by request based on number of people and basic role idea central to the alliance (typically fighting) This was the earliest testing stage.
After the test stage alliances where changed to be more focused on roles, still primarily fighting. The basic idea was that you would choose who got into your group, based on how well they fit the ideals and aims of your group.
In the later stage, alliances where more tied to lands, with specific roles, and several administrative alliances (artisans, archivists, Crafters, ect)
At the begining of the last stage before the current one, there was a highjacking of all the alliances through the use of a bug and concerted effort.
That prior stage saw the alliances as the main representative forces of the land. If you where the members of specific alliances, you basically had say as to what happened in the land, and certain alliance leaders became regarded as the ruler of the land (all alliance heads in loreroot, as well as several other important figures, to form the council, yrthilian in golemus, etc). In this stage, alliances where more about the role than the badge, however the badge gave people authority. Without the badge, if you where acting in line with the alliance everyone would accept that you where part of the alliance, but if acting out of line with the alliance then they would basically ignore you beyond reporting your representation to real alliance remembers. If, however, you did have the badge, then how you where acting would always reflect on the alliance. Depending on the actions of people, it was possible to, over time, completely alter the aims and image of an alliance. The badge is not the alliance itself, and the alliance is not the sum of the alliance, but the badge does give a lot of authority with how the alliance is percieved, and is thus a very important part of the alliance. There where even alliances without "badges" in the normal sense (they did, however, have special flags), which functioned very well. However, as we saw with the pirates, once certain key figures left there was no structure to keep them going. There are still members of the alliances that where in this manner, however the pirates do not consider themselves a unity in the same way as other alliances any more.
The current stage has seen a lot of independent lands gaining more alliances, many of which are administrative but also several role related ones. This is interesting because it reflects the first cycle, and I don't really know how to sum up what is going to be its defining aspects, since it is still going.

[b]/tl:dr[/b]
The badge is not the sum of the alliance, just the authority to change its image. There have been alliances in the past that never had badges, and they function fine for quite a while. Generally, its more about the role.

Edited by Kyphis the Bard