Illusions

Kyphis the Bard

With all the illusions being tested (again) there are a few things that Illusions don't address that they probably should, because these things give away the players real identity.[list]
[*]Medals
[*]Papers
[*]PL
[*]Active Days
[*]Friends Count
[*]Loyalty
[*]Land Loyalty
[*]Honor
[*]"Adept of" Status
[*]Country Flag
[/list]
It's possible to have a bit of fun with some of these options, for example you could change an illusions flag to be related to whatever land it is related to, for the new alliance specific ones.

• Root Admin

[quote name='ColdSteel566' timestamp='1322780982' post='97002']
That would be the point of the illusion, wouldn't it? To hide your self from others?
[/quote]

Not really, have you used the illusions? none of them are really to hide yourself.

Mainly talking about the newer ones, such as Tainted Warrior and Loreroot Soldier, both of which are clearly meant to hide the players identity. And yes, Chewett, I have used Illusions. Several times.

Not all illusions are for hiding (or even faintly related to it) but the newer ones do appear to be supposed to mask who the person is.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' timestamp='1322781903' post='97005']
Mainly talking about the newer ones, such as Tainted Warrior and Loreroot Soldier, both of which are clearly meant to hide the players identity. And yes, Chewett, I have used Illusions. Several times.

Not all illusions are for hiding (or even faintly related to it) but the newer ones do appear to be supposed to mask who the person is.
[/quote]

Tainted Warrior is one of the oldest illusions :P

Loreroot Soldier is currently being worked on, with some rather large bugs atm, and again is one of the oldest illusions just having a facelift. And its not meant to entirely hide your identity, merely cloak it "mostly", because of how it will be used (when its eventually implemented ofc, which *spoiler* might not nesscarily be an illusion ;))

[quote name='Hedge Munos' timestamp='1322782223' post='97007']
Hm...I like this idea. Would it conflict with the 'open seats' in alliances?

Hedge
[/quote]

Currently i believe it does, but said players are not supposed to be in the alliances permanently, merely during certain "times"

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1322782310' post='97008']

Tainted Warrior is one of the oldest illusions :P

Loreroot Soldier is currently being worked on, with some rather large bugs atm, and again is one of the oldest illusions just having a facelift.
[/quote]
Interesting, none of the times I have had access to Illusions have I ever seen those two, far as I can recall... Ah well, the fact that they are old doesn't really change that I think they should disguise that information as well.

Although, that they might be implimented in a way other than Illusions does affect that. Same gist though.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' timestamp='1322811318' post='97024']
Interesting, none of the times I have had access to Illusions have I ever seen those two, far as I can recall... Ah well, the fact that they are old doesn't really change that I think they should disguise that information as well.

Although, that they might be implimented in a way other than Illusions does affect that. Same gist though.
[/quote]

They were hidden, so you couldnt see them unless you were a "higher" illusion level, or had some wookie magic.

• Root Admin

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' timestamp='1322832172' post='97046']
I agree with Kyphis. They are just pretty pictures otherwise as far as im concerned....which is fun but...yea.

Z
[/quote]

Illusions also give you stats, creatures and spells, depending on how its set up. Loreroot Soldier gives you a variety effects, not just an avatar.

Indeed they do, but for me it just seems pointless unless it actually conceals your identity - or at the very least conceals it a lot better than it currently does. Perhaps it is the name that is misleading. In real life an illusion comes in all sorts from weak to strong. This game feature is a bit like looking at a stick in a glass of water, where as a valuable feature I think i'd rather something a little more...effective. Same goes for the other effects - maybe if those were more interesting I wouldnt be concerned with the identity thing at all.

Z