Torches- Observations

Shadowseeker

That Established Housings now has a torch base is interesting, but basically cuts off the way into GG totally. Either by Laby (forget it since visc means you take forever), or Path of Loneliness, which means you automatically score there, or cannot go past it. This also means Golemian people cannot really effectively score aside from there.

Land Papers are a HUGE help now to get into lands, even GG. So possibly (after a kill) the dedicated people could score now.

Same applies for Necro, which is also cut off this way. However with no shared pass papers and 666 Gate AP getting in there to score wil be impossible (or almost).

Viscosity however still is a (bug/feature), changing torches heavily. Because one can move with 0 AP, MB, LR, etc can easily be reached in no time, where previously one had to tediously wait for regens.

Below the part is removed because the council offered fixes and hopes to see people helping to test.
[spoiler]
Oh, a [color=#ff0000][b][size=6]WARNING[/size][/b][/color]: People should better not hold a torch while it ends, otherwise it may result in them being bugged and unable to recruit things etc. Same applies to logging out with a torch and then not resetting the system triggers by picking up a torch and handing it back OR getting killed and reviving.

There is probably more, but to be totally safe people should have nothing to do with torches anymore at least 1h before it ends. This includes being a hero or being dead, holding a torch or whatever, or not having reset yourself [simple: grab torch, then put torch back without doing anything else]. DO IT before it ends, unless you wish to be bugged.[/spoiler]

Edited by Shadowseeker

I would assume you may be stuck if you do so- if you logged out with the torch on you, then fix it as stated above (I edited some while you asked), if you did so by manually returning it, better get killed or kill someone and score- there's a lot of bugs in this, so do it while you can. The manually return however should work fine.

Edited by Shadowseeker

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1324468561' post='98262']
That Established Housings now has a torch base is interesting, but basically cuts off the way into GG totally. Either by Laby (forget it since visc means you take forever), or Path of Loneliness, which means you automatically score there, or cannot go past it. This also means Golemian people cannot really effectively score aside from there.
[/quote]

Ditto if you're coming [b]out[/b] of GG or Necrovion, except that there's next to no one populating the southern half of the map because nobody can get past the Path of Loneliness. Meaning that you can never attack anyone to earn a point to score anywhere and you're trapped. Sigh.

Edited by Brulant

I decided to do a little test with the torches and the Ap system today.

I don't know if anyone else is able to, but I am able to walk though No Mans, LR and MB with 0 AP. As much as I want. So I decided to see if this would work with torches also, and it does. I was able to walk from MB torch base to the LR torch base in less than 4 minutes.
I don't know whether viscosity is a reason for this, but when I have tried walking around with no AP on a few alts, I was unable to move?

Perhaps this should be looked into?

~Sasha

[quote name='Sasha Lilias' timestamp='1324476352' post='98269']
I don't know if anyone else is able to, but I am able to walk though No Mans, LR and MB with 0 AP. As much as I want. So I decided to see if this would work with torches also, and it does. I was able to walk from MB torch base to the LR torch base in less than 4 minutes.
I don't know whether viscosity is a reason for this, but when I have tried walking around with no AP on a few alts, I was unable to move?
[/quote]

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1324468561' post='98262']
Because one can move with 0 AP, MB, LR, etc can easily be reached in no time, where previously one had to tediously wait for regens.
[/quote]

Moving with 0 ap in scenes with negative viscosity has been a "feature" since it was introduced. As SS said, it's perfectly normal.

[cquote]
"It would be better if they are holding a torch when it ends, this will allow us to check if the torch contest works, If it doesnt we shall fix each person who is bugged (make a topic if this occurs), and fix the code, so Shadowseeker please replace the warning"[/cquote]

one thing have changed from previous TC is that now u can't gain points(score) by defeating a similar land torch holder.
That means a MB TC holder def another MB Torch holder
result : The winner does not get any score and the looser neither die.

Thats a good change hehe