lost spell

Azull

I used two opennecro spell stones today to increase the casts of the spell. I had some left. (can't remember how much) Now the spell is no longer in my spell book. I'm fairly sure the casts I had left were less than 6 months old. I tried refreshing, log out and back in, but that didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I can repeat the experience, I had about 7 acousticremains and 2 lighthouse uses left. By usage, I should have lost them in a couple of months, not now. Only realized however, or it happened recently.

Edit: While the lighthouse may have been old enough to vanish, I refreshed the spell with acousticremains within a few months- clearly not exceeding 6. And now that I think of it, I used a lighthouse like 3 months ago.

I assume this happens because it only remembers the first imprint. It might be useful to show when they will vanish, or make them vanish by simply depleting the casts- it is a bit annoying to see it be gone totally, not even remaining in the spellbook.

Edited by Shadowseeker

So, just to clarify: (jsut making up time-frames for example)

Break an Enchanted stone to learn a spell.
Wait 4 months.
Break another Stone to learn more casts of the spell.
Wait 2 months.
Discover the spell is now gone from your casts (6 months have passed from first learning?)

I also had a spell learned form a stone disappear from my spell book. My heavy rain casts were currently used up (9/9) and they disappeared from the book. At the same time, other spells remained, such as summon storm, which is used up (3/3). I have more heavy rain stones, and will put it back into my spell book, but I'm surprised it disappeared, as I have been using the counter to track which spells I have cast and when.

Understood. I mean: cups of tea also have a limited life time (can't remember how much). I was wondering if the same issue (not refreshing the initial "birth date" with adding cups) could be ahppening. But maybe I should investigate and see if other people had the same problem. Will do.

[quote name='Passant the Weak' timestamp='1327077463' post='101408']
Understood. I mean: cups of tea also have a limited life time (can't remember how much). I was wondering if the same issue (not refreshing the initial "birth date" with adding cups) could be ahppening. But maybe I should investigate and see if other people had the same problem. Will do.
[/quote]

It would be nice to see if such items like candies, pickles and cups of aromatic tea had something as an expiring date if they do indeed have one. Haven't lost any items though but concerning spells, I did lost a couplle of those that were added in my spell book when spell stones were first implemented.

• 1 year later...
  • Root Admin

i fixed this, if its still happening say so

[quote name='Peace' timestamp='1327172952' post='101689']

It would be nice to see if such items like candies, pickles and cups of aromatic tea had something as an expiring date if they do indeed have one. Haven't lost any items though but concerning spells, I did lost a couplle of those that were added in my spell book when spell stones were first implemented.
[/quote]

BTW: implemented lol