Item gathering/LR guards

MRWander

I kinda like this idea too, as it would teach a bit about how the Cauldrons work, to newer folks.
Edit: Of course, Heat shouldn't be necessary since the MP3 folks who have to solve this puzzle don't have a visible Erolin yet.

Edited by Maebius

If you turn the Hookah into a fixed location cauldron (ie clickie based) you could add a heat display to that item so that MP3's can see how much heat they have when they go to use it (they still get heat, they just can't tell how much they have or use it to fight).

Although, that said, it will probably cause bugs in the Loreroot access quest.

That'd have another interesting effect, which is probably a little destructive...
Cauldrons are built to be used by groups of two, would that mean that you need to team up with somebody else to solve one of the hardcoded quests?
Yeah, you can usually find somebody in the park, but it's probably not so easy to find somebody who's at the same stage of needing the potion at the same time. If you ask publically, there's also the problem that people who don't know the solution yet will know of it afterwards.

Apart from that, it might be a tad discouraging if you get thrown into cold water with that, tea is really complicated when you try it the first time <.<

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1327097214' post='101499']
That'd have another interesting effect, which is probably a little destructive...
Cauldrons are built to be used by groups of two, would that mean that you need to team up with somebody else to solve one of the hardcoded quests?
[/quote]

What about an MP3 and a vet? That way the MP3s learn sort of how to use the cauldrons, and they start making connections in the Realm. The MP3 would still have to gather all of the stuff and learn the steps to brew it, so I don't see any obvious reason why a vet couldn't help them.
And wouldn't that also solve the heat problem?

That would work, if the "second person" only needed to supply the Heat, or resources or what-have-you.

Thought if this is changed in such a dramatic form from it;'s current incarnation, I wonder if it could just be set so that the Shopkeeper himself (or hooka-clickie, or whatever) automagically gets the Heat and the player doing the quest can simply "I will supply the Materials", "I will take a puff", and such.

Tea making isa a bit confusing if you've never done it before, but a simplified version might be a nice introduction into "proper Cauldron usage".