Underdog

stavaroiu

This is a new Creature idea i thought of recently that requires a more special way of training to upgrade.

Lvl 1 Creature name: Useless Bum

Requirements for recruiting this creature:
Action points 100
Value points 100
Sacrificed vitality 100
Exploring Points 1

Stats:
Vital Energy 1
Regeneration 0
Defence 0
Initiative 0
Attack 0
Power 0

Targets: None
Abilities: None
Actions of this unit are performed on no targets

Special Influences: none

Description: This guy is beyond useless. He can do nothing and his mindset is set only to hope surviving a fight. He is the lowest of the low, ridiculed, shunned and despised by everyone.

Requirements for next level:
Heat 1
Won battles 1
Age 1
[b]Lost Battles: 4000[/b]

Upgrade costs:
Action points 200
Value points 1000
Sacrificed vitality 1000
Exploring Points 10

Lvl 2 Creature Name: Underdog

Stats:
Vital Energy 1
Regeneration 0
Defence 0
Initiative 0
Attack 0
Power 0

Targets: None
Abilities: None
Actions of this unit are performed on no targets

Special Influences: [Turn the tables] Switches the special influences(Turn the tables excluded) between the attacker and the defender.

Example: Defender has a random ritual consisting of 5 creatures with no special abilities and the Underdog.
Attacker has(yes you have guessed it) 3 maxed drachorns, 2 snowman and 1 bird.
Recently a quite common thing to see, a "freezing ritual" that renders the defender in most of the situations helpless.

Now the defender has [Turn the tables] meaning the defender gets all special influences of the attacker, while the attacker gets nothing since the defender didn't had any special influence.
So, no creatureboost for the drachorn family and no antifreeze special influence to escape their own freeze.
I will leave the outcome of this battle to your imagination as well as other possible situations.

This guy is a psychological thought creature. Its not the experience(heat), age or the won fights that made him develop his special influence(the 1 day age and 1 won battle requirements are there for a reason), but rather knowing the despair of losing but wanting to survive and in the end wanting to win despite his weakness.

Apparently week and useless, he is the worst nightmare of every strong ritual consisting of various special influences.

Down parts:
-He is very difficult to train. As stated he needs 4000 lost fights to be upgraded and because of his very low vitality(1) he dies easily. He needs to loose [b]and[/b] survive the fight for the counter to increase, making him even more difficult to train.

-He has absolutely no value on the market. The requirement that makes a creature increase his value on the market are: age, heat and tokens(rarity not included since i would like him to be acquirable by everyone). He needs neither age, nor heat to be upgraded and getting a token on him is the worst thing that you can hope for.

-If both the attacker and the defender have him in the ritual, or one side uses 2 underdogs in their ritual, all special influences are been returned to their original owner.

-training this guy might greatly influence your fighting balance.

To sum it all up. No pain, no gain.
Feel free to comment.

nice creat nice idea

but major problem, it would require major system and database change, there is no such thing atm that tracks how much fights creat lost, and what makes it even worse, ya said it would require to lose and survive... which makes it even bigger pain for mur :P

other than that seems to me like it is trained up while being idle

Well its just an idea i had and wanted some feedback. I know i probably wont live to see him in MD.

The part about loosing and surviving is similar to how the won battles of a creature is increased right now. The ritual needs to win and the creature must survive or else he wont get the won count increased.

hmm ah yeah well true, in that case it wouldnt be so hard to implement it

idk for creat itself, but that aura is much needed and one thing that md is missin in counter's arsenal, so even if that creat itself might not show up, that aura mostly will show up in one form or another since imo somethin to negate other auras is needed, but since it aint md style to negate things, but rather steal it (be it ve be it stats) this aura stealin aura works just fine :D

and i guess that if A has 2 of those and B has 1, then B losses his auras while A gets B's auras and keeps his own

and what if each player uses one? so wut they exchange auras? :D

Well, not exactly. The idea is to switch the auras between the attacker and the defender.
If A has a bird and B has a snowman, then A gets the snowman`s influence while B gets the birds influence. I thought it up this way so he wont appear overpowered and will have also downsides in a ritual.

If both A and B have 1 underdog then they are just are switching the influence up and back so they remain with the initial influence.
Of course A could try to outsmart B and put no underdog in his defense ritual, then B would auto goal with his attacking underdog.

Edited by stavaroiu

nah imo it wouldnt be extreme it would actually allow introduction of lifesteal all creat, and then there simply wouldnt be best ritual, each fight would require players to think beforehand

oh and btw this creat is perfect to have 100 regen in its stat, reason is obvious

also, every creature used in rits MUST have at least 1 att/power and at least weaken def ability
but me personally would give him luck stat of 1, ability called lucky strike (based on luck skill it would have a chance to strike opponent, chances would range from 0,1-5% and as dmg it would inflict amount of att or power divided by luck) which would make extremely weak ability but hey it would still have ability, imo givin it weaken def would be too OP, so somethin like this lucky strike should come in place instead :D

• 1 year later...

Seeing how this is a "turn the tables" creature and NC currently has all of the turn the tables creatures I think this would fit better in NC as a recruitable version of the shade or maybe even a shop version of an Unholy Preist/Pope.

Stealing token influences might be a BIT much though for this powerful anti deathball creature, we could probably have a whole other creature for that.

• Root Admin

Seeing how this is a "turn the tables" creature and NC currently has all of the turn the tables creatures I think this would fit better in NC as a recruitable version of the shade or maybe even a shop version of an Unholy Preist/Pope.

Stealing token influences might be a BIT much though for this powerful anti deathball creature, we could probably have a whole other creature for that.

Balance dictates you spread things around, not give all the "turn the table creatures" to one land. As a point of fact.