Zombies!

Dragual

[color=#000000]What if we all run around, hide and play... Tag? Not normal tag though, like zombies. We'll have a feature on our names so we can see who is infected or not, and those that are infected and in the same scene as us need only to click a button at our names, similar to that of Torch Comps. It can be a one time event, or if we like it and have fun, we can play again. The "winner" will be the last survivor. Although, I think it would be nice if we even have it to where Necrovion starts it off by having our citizens go to Deathmarrow to turn into zombies, and anyone who wants to play simply goes to GoE. No alts though as that would ruin it. And you have to log on at least once a day during the challenge/quest/game. This could also be a game we play during Holloween. :)[/color]

What stops me from signing up (which I presume is involved somewhere), and being online for 10 secs a day then logging out to prevent people clicking on and turning me?

What happens if 5 people do the above? Would it then last a ridiculous length of time, or would there be some sort of cut off?

An "interesting" addition, to mildly combat the length it lasts for (it causes other issues) would be for the zombies to "die" (go to GoC) if they dont infect anyone every 3 days. If all the zombies die, the survivors get rewarded.

Oh nice. And what if we make it where each competitor has to get to a certain scene each day to score a point. That would be resembled in "food". There would be like three or four scenes. Better yet, there are scenes like five scenes and the "food/supplies" appear randomly at a new scene each day. You have to score each day to stay alive. If you go two days with out scoring, you die and turn into a zombie.

Edited by Dragual

Perhaps we could change it a bit so that the reward isn't simply for surviving. Instead, create opportunities for winning prizes (that or make demands with risks for not meeting them) that require the participant to not have been turned to compete.

I'm not a fan of zombies, they don't really seem to fit the MD aesthetic. Or if you think they might, well, I still don't like the idea of zombies. Maybe werewolves, or better yet, something unique to MD.

And instead of just running this as new type of competition, integrate it into something larger. Don't have it end either, unless an antidote or other solution can be implemented.

I think the ideas in paragraphs one and three solve the problem of not logging in during the "contest".

You could also score it like the HC, where you only gain score for being online.

Although I like the tasks idea better :P
Since it allows for survivor, and zombie, co-operation.

You could also have that zombies can still gain points, one point for every person they turn. Have higher points for survivor tasks, since they would be harder to complete. Whoever has the most points when one side is eliminated/assimilated, wins

I like what sooth suggest, and l'd like to add that maybe the way to "infect" is to intoxicate you opponent with the toxicodendrite.

And i also agree with Maeb about MD related, maybe it could be a kind of epidemic transmitted by the txcodendrite?

mmm idk, just throwing ideas....

The reason I didn't suggest about fighting for it, is due to the stronger fighters then dominating the living side - I am pretty certain there would be waves of comments about it being unfair blah blah as soon as they started showing interest.
That being said, just clicking seems a little non-effort

What if the system was set up so that if you are a survivor and you click on a zombie's name, their avatar with be replaced with "THIS PLAYER IS A ZOMBIE" or something along those lines and there's an option to "kill" them. If you're a zombie, there's a similar thing with the survivors but once you "tag" them you must wait a short time without being tagged before you can successfully turn them and you must still be alive, so if they are fast enough they can stop you beforehand. This would mean more zombies would have a better chance of turning an individual survivor because the survivor in question would have to kill each of the zombies in turn in the same short amount of time.

In keeping with the theme, wouldn't even a small wound from a zombie/other creature that spreads a taint to turn others into its own kind in a way similar to an extremely contagious disease be enough to turn you into one of those creatures? With attacking the zombies/taint creatures, it could be that they are only "dead" for a[i] very[/i] short period of time and then they can start tagging survivors again (although this time should be longer than the time it takes for a survivor to be turned) so that the survivors will have reason to run?

This would prevent complaints about it being too imbalanced and favoring the stronger fighters and it would make turning someone into a zombie/taint more difficult than simply pressing a button.

I'm not familiar with the core mechanics of Illusions, but perhaps a functionality somewhat related to being Frogged. For a while you can not do anything, but after a certain timeperiod (when you'd be able to cancel the illusion), you could try to 'cast it/infect' others with a single use of the spell that recharges every 24/48 hours. If others attack you they also risk "intoxication/infection" as a passive effect too. Hmm...

Interesting idea, although I think that if you attack a zombie/taint and you don't get turned, you should also have a chance of movelocking them for some time so that the survivors will have some means of defending themselves instead of being forced to run constantly.

Edit: Also, what if the zombie/taint illusion were to change around the player's creatures to the Other Army?

Edited by J-D

What if we have it to where, similar to grabbing, it takes two zombies to infect one person. Or better yet, add a time requirement. If a Zombie attacks you, you have say, 3 minutes to have a buddy help you out. If you are attacked (not creature fight) then you are move-locked. Failure to fend off the zombie, obviously, results in infection. And to make it fair, during said game, all lands like Necro and GG are opened. This would prevent a Necro citizen with paper work from hiding. Yes, hiding should be a part of it, but not like during HC. Also, what if we add special items for this. Like a barricade. A Barricade would stop any players at all from coming into a scene for say... An hour. You could maybe get these at the same locations you get your other supplies, like food.

Also, what about "swarms". Similar to the Summon-by-tag thing. Zombies or "The infected" can form a swarm of up to say... 15 people where they can at anytime call all the memebers from a swarm. Maybe add a cool-down time of 30 minutes? Not just for each person, but for the entire swarm.

Also, zombies should respawn at the GoE. Which would have the most supplies for survivors making it more challenging, yet more rewarding to run through, grab supplies and double time it out of there.

As for missions, I like this idea. But keep the whole "points-for-surviving". Missions could be something like guard a location without a barricade for said amount of time and are not open randomly, but all the time. A triggered effect. Maybe delivering supplies to a specific location.

To me this sounds a lot like the Torch Competition... Which for me was rather confusing and irritating.

I would want to make a few changes, if it was me. First, people should know they are signing up for it. I didn't even mean to sign up for the torch contest. I clicked to read more and bam! I was signed up without a way to back out. And no, you shouldn't be able to back out once you sign up unless you have a really good reason to, but it should be much more clear, like have all the info about it clearly laid out with a link to someone to ask questions about it if need be and have them say somewhere, "I, blah blah blah, want to compete in this competition/game/whatever".

Second, I would try to make the teams much more even. Have an even amount of mp3 on each, mp4's, ect or at least attempt to and then even go as far as trying to make sure there are an even amount of people from each similar time zone on each to make it even more fair and easy to play. It isn't fun if your team can't really find any one to play with after all.

Third, I would personally recommend that no one could turn on their team. Someone joins and decides they don't like it and want to sit out, fine... But you shouldn't get to tuen and start attacking your own team members. This could probably go with my second point. maybe if people had more of the other team to play with then they wouldn't feel the need to attack their own for points? Maybe.

Fourth, I would want to know who is on my team and who is on the other. I'm not sure if there had been lists with the torch competition but if there were, I couldn't find them and I had looked. I would click on every one I passed to see if I could tell if they were on any team and if they were, which one. It seemed like a huge scrambled mess. And one person even said he was one color but had a torch of a different color making him look to be the alternate color. I would want to avoid this as much as possible. And also, if it does work like a torch, I would still like to be able to message them. I found I was unable to message anyone holding a torch. But this could have been a bug, I'm not sure.

Lastly? I don't like the idea of Zombies. Like others have said, it seems very un-MD. What if it was creature versus creature? You could still have two teams, Team A being Archers and Team B being Aramors. Or something along the line. Everyone playing could even get a picture of the creature they are as their avatar. I think what could further the experience even more would be to choose a place, maybe even the maze. Lower the viscosity and rope it off to the players playing the game only for a set amount of time. Maybe a week. And everyone playing gets their name and avatar and tags stripped for the duration of the game so all you see is what the creature would be. Better yet, have it illusioned so that the enemy only appears as the creature but you can see your teammates to make for better planning. But to also limit working with the enemy to turn on your team. I think it would also make things more fair. If player A hates player B, he may try to target only player B. But if player A doesn't know which person player B is? He can't do that. But then, maybe that would be too difficult to supplement?

Edited by Isabella Finch

• Root Admin

[quote name='Isabella Finch' timestamp='1335934211' post='110643']
To me this sounds a lot like the Torch Competition... Which for me was rather confusing and irritating.

I would want to make a few changes, if it was me. First, people should know they are signing up for it. I didn't even mean to sign up for the torch contest. I clicked to read more and bam! I was signed up without a way to back out. And no, you shouldn't be able to back out once you sign up unless you have a really good reason to, but it should be much more clear, like have all the info about it clearly laid out with a link to someone to ask questions about it if need be and have them say somewhere, "I, blah blah blah, want to compete in this competition/game/whatever".
[/quote]

Signging up for things you have little knowledge about is relatively foolish, and you can only blame yourself. Before you do such things, go around and ask some people what you are signing up for. Or a Lho. Or the MD Wikia. All of these would have had the information you need. Its the same with your comment on skilldamage, you could just blunder in and press all the buttons, or you could wait for a minute and actually find out what you are entering yourself in for.

This isnt trying to be rude, but suggesting something which might help, blundering in with no clue about something seems a tad silly.

[/quote]
I had that issue as well.

Lastly? I don't like the idea of Zombies. Like others have said, it seems very un-MD. What if it was creature versus creature? You could still have two teams, Team A being Archers and Team B being Aramors.
[/quote]

Agreed, but only by the theme. Not MD creatures. Say, a Taint of some sort.

The idea is not to fight. Not like Torch Competition. No, instead something similar to the Fugitive Feature. Sort of an inverted Tag. At the end, most everyone would have been turned. It's a game of survival. Zombies are "immortal" but can be sent back to the center of the infestation, but once a survivor is turned, that's it.

I do agree that there should be a better scoring system then simply surviving, but that should still be a part of it.

Also, Isabella, search for some information about the Fugitive Feature. They are in the Announcements, I believe.

• 2 months later...

Bump. I want to see more ideas on this.

Edit: What if we made it into a sort of "illusion" (Have never used one so I'm not sure how these work.) where you are given a certain amount of AP and land loyalty depending on whether or not your a survivor or infected person? Survivors would obviously have more AP then zombies but would have land loyalty to places like MB, LR and/or NML. While zombies would have land loyalty to places like NC and the underground. This would help to nullify any "unfairness" between aged players and new players.

Edited by Dragual