MD Summer Fest Rules Summary

BFH

Hello Guys,

As requested by one of the teams I'll be grouping the rules of the contest in a single place.

Full Contest Duration: 3 days; July 17, 18, 19

Three teams assigned. Each team participate on the other two teams quests.[list]
[*]Each teams should pick up a Leader and a name.
[*]Each group will hopefully have a hidden forum section to develop ideas or plan quests.
[*]Each group will develop at least but not limited to 1 quest per day, which must be solvable on that day (Take into consideration that there are other two quests running on that day, and that mine will also take part of the day, which means you should consider time factor at the moment of developing the quests).
[*]Each team will assign as much checkpoints as possible (if possible) to their quests (4) that will allow the teams and at the end an average will be taken for the score.
[/list]
Scoring system:

The Team that creates the quest will assign a score based on how many checkpoints every team passed or by completion. Every quest will have x number of checkpoints (or none) and reaching one is worth one point. Completing the full quest is worth another point or just one if there isn't a check point. That means that if I complete a quest with 2 checkpoints and I only reach to the first, I completed an average of 33.3% (1/3) of the quest. If I compete on a quest with five checkpoints and I complete up to the third checkpoint, I get 3/6 and I have 50.0% and so on. At the end the averages will be summed and divided into the amount of quests. The team with the higher average wins.

[color=#ff8c00]Example based on the mentioned examples:[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Team BFH:[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Competed on 2 quests got (83.3)/2 average which means 41.65 points[/color]

Checkpoints number must be established at the beginning of each quest. Example: For my X contest there will be 0 checkpoints. For my Y contest there will be 5 checkpoints which are....

So what makes us to be sure a team doesn't make an impossible quest?

The competing team will receive five points if any of the other teams manages to solve the entire quest. That means that the team will make not an easy quest, but only compete-able quest, so that they get the possibility of getting five points and the possibility to the enemy to participate.

NOTE: Teams [color=#ff0000]won't[/color] get points for any independent participation that completes their quests.

[b]Independent participations.[/b] If you did not signed up for the teams but you still want to participate, you will be able to do so, but won't compete against them, but instead against all other independent players.

Same rules apply but you don't have to create a quest. You will participate in a team quest and they will assign you points that at the end will get divided into the total amount of quests to get an average. The player with highest average gets something.

[b]Near to the event we might setup a schedule to be able to collaborate and divide the day as best as possible.[/b]

Remember [b]HAVE FUN[/b]!

We need clarification.

It is possible to design a quest where the team works together for one group result. It is also possible to design a quest where individual members of the team each achieve the result, or not. We are presuming both sorts are acceptable, yes?

In either case, we are responsible for generating a team score at the end, possibly using checkpoints to measure progress, that assigns performance of each team on a scale from 0 to 100%. We get a bonus as designers if one team gets 100%.

If we design a quest of the sort where you can count how many of the team members reached the goal, you can assign 100% to the winning team, and proportion the score of the other team? One team has 3 members finish, one has 4 members finish, scores are 75% and 100%. We get the bonus even though all 9 team members did not finish, as long as somebody did finish.

Is this correct?

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1341139997' post='116369']
It is possible to design a quest where the team works together for one group result.
[/quote]

[color=#ff0000][b]That's the point, Yes.[/b][/color]

It is also possible to design a quest where individual members of the team each achieve the result, or not.
[/quote]

[color=#ff0000][b]It's allowed, but personally I believe that teamwork is better.[/b][/color]

In either case, we are responsible for generating a team score at the end, possibly using checkpoints to measure progress, that assigns performance of each team on a scale from 0 to 100%. We get a bonus as designers if one team gets 100%.
[/quote]

[color=#ff0000][b]Yes, this is correct.[/b][/color]

If we design a quest of the sort where you can count how many of the team members reached the goal, you can assign 100% to the winning team, and proportion the score of the other team? One team has 3 members finish, one has 4 members finish, scores are 75% and 100%. We get the bonus even though all 9 team members did not finish, as long as somebody did finish.
[/quote]

[color=#ff0000][b]No, don't score them apart, for obvious reasons this can be somehow abused :P, You won't get the bonus if only one finishes, because they are a team and a team involves everyone of them. However this can vary. For example. Lets say you let them pick two representants of the team. Those two will compete for the whole team. So if they together get 9/10 that's what all the team will get. Or in other case, if they together get 10/10 you get bonus and the team the points.[/b][/color]

[color=#0000ff][b]This is the way I see this fair, if all three groups don't agree and want Fyrd's suggestion talk now.[/b][/color]

So, in such an individual-result-type quest, the team should help their one representative to achieve that goal FIRST, and if others on the team get it too, that's just for fun. Right?

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1341168779' post='116425']
So, in such an individual-result-type quest, the team should help their one representative to achieve that goal FIRST, and if others on the team get it too, that's just for fun. Right?
[/quote]

Well yes, the team must help their representant. Posibilities are limitless :D

• 5 weeks later...