Item Explosion

DARK DEMON

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Right, so I have a couple of ideas. I'll let my thoughts pour out of me :D[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The first, I posted in another thread as well:[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]There can be a shared tool at all land capitals (300 land loyalty required of any homeland) which needs resources and heat to be used. Once used it creates something, eg: A scroll item.[/color][/font] [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Get 10 scrolls in this fashion and there would be another tool at the capitals which consumes them to create a spell book. Use the spell book to learn some spell :)[/color][/font] [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]What spell you get would be assigned to each land.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]To make this more interesting, it would be great if the required resources to create scrolls/spell books were from foreign lands. Resource-trading between lands isn't common much these days... :D[/color][/font] [font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]But, to make it fair and to avoid "hoarding", trading of scrolls/spellbooks should not be allowed. Harvest or buy the resource, and make it yourself.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]These would be existing spells. The rarer/more valuable the spell is (i.e. the deeper it is in the wish shop) the more scrolls would be needed to make that spell's spell book :D[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]. Once a person gets 300 loyalty from any land (as stated in the beginning) , he may go to any of the land capitals to see what spellbook he gets from there.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]The difference between spell book and spell stones would be that spell books would give you 4 casts permanently, not 3 casts temporarily. Also, there would be a chance (10%) that the spellbook would not work when used, because "One of the pages was torn", etc.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]You can get the same spellbook only once :)[/color][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Second idea, that there should be a "Defense factory" or something similar for each land at the capital. Here, using resources, you would be able to create tools to help your land in many ways. A person would create "Barrier tools" for example, and he could use them to build a barrier. Once a barrier has been built, the tools would disappear. In the same way, there would be "Spikes tools" and "Wooden wall tools" (can't be metal since there is no iron, steel, etc resource in MD). Here are some things I thought:[/color][/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]1) Barrier: Increases AP cost to leave the scene by 50 for 24 hours. The person who has barrier tools in his inventory (who made it in the Defense factory) has to use it, and it would be "built" in the scene he is on.[/color][/font][/font]

Example:

[i]: DARK DEMON built barrier[/i]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]If I was at, say, GoE, I would have to now use 1+50 AP to move from there. But of course, since viscosity is always -80, it wouldn't have an effect. However, one can just plant loads of barriers there and nobody would be able to move. For this reason, only 1 (one) item from the defense factory can be planted at one scene, regardless of who planted it from which land. Another can be planted once the one already there disappears. Also, a person can only carry 1 tool at a time, and can only make one tool every week. So he can't go around planting things at every scene all the time. Hence, it is not abusable in my opinion :) [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]A barrier would require a few resources to build at the defense factory, approx 50 (a few of different kinds)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]2) Spikes: Reduces vitality by 5% to anyone who leaves the scene, lasts for 12 hours. This would require a moderate amount of resources to build at the defense factory, approx 100.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]3) Wooden wall: Whoever comes to a scene where a wall is built, will be movelocked to the scene for 15 minutes. The wall would last 6 hours. It would require a large amount of resources to build, approx 200.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]4) ....will come up with later :)[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

• 1 month later...

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]This is just came to my mind, after reading [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13880-shared-tools/"]this[/url] topic, that the shared tools to make spellbooks may be Underground, since there are no tools there ;)[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON