Regarding the new key 'fix' announcement

Nimrodel

[quote]Ann. 2041 - [2011-10-01 20:35:05 - Stage 11]
Wishes that grant access to different locations, such as Oak Tower, several Marind Bell places, Loreroot back entrance and Bersekers Charge, were reset. All that spent wishpoints for them received their wishpoint back. These wishes are now fixed and won't reset when moving to the next MP level how they did before. In addition, K doc wish was also reset but not part of this bug fix. Those that already have access to those places keep their access, it didn't reset with the wishpoint. This makes the access "for free" and also locks those wishes from being used. It is a side effect of the big fix but enjoy it.[/quote]

[quote]Ann. 2509 - [2013-03-09 22:21:10 - Stage 11]
A number of key related issues where fixed for Oak Tower, LR Back Entrance and Beserkers Crypt. If you previously were refunded the WP you will now need to buy it again to continue using the access. If you feel you have lost a key wrongly contact bugs@magicduel.com stating why you got the key freely.[/quote]

I don't understand why the wishpoints were 'refunded' in the first place if people just wanted to block access in the future. At least a warning should've been given saying 'Look dude. You might get royally screwed in the future as we will ask you to pay again so save up the wishpoints so that you can use them later when we cure you of the 'side effects of the big fix'.' I don't really understand how the coding works and what all keys were corrected, but wishpoints are really hard to get and I really loved my access to the the closed areas. Don't get me wrong. I am not asking you to give me wishpoints or opening the areas again. I just want to ask you people to give a friggin heads up next time because its really fishin frustrating to get a refund for that beautiful fridge you've always wanted to buy saying it was a result of some policy change, then suddenly taking it away without any heads up and asking for payment saying that the shop policy was just fixed and you'll need to spend to buy it back. Oh well market people, I already spent the cash you refunded me saying the fridge was for free. Now I really need the refrigerator and don't have the money to buy it back. Thank you very much for your genius fixes because they just ruined my magical experience.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1362906726' post='133687']
I don't understand why the wishpoints were 'refunded' in the first place if people just wanted to block access in the future. At least a warning should've been given saying 'Look dude. You might get royally screwed in the future as we will ask you to pay again so save up the wishpoints so that you can use them later when we cure you of the 'side effects of the big fix'.' I don't really understand how the coding works and what all keys were corrected, but wishpoints are really hard to get and I really loved my access to the the closed areas. Don't get me wrong. I am not asking you to give me wishpoints or opening the areas again. I just want to ask you people to give a friggin heads up next time because its really fishin frustrating to get a refund for that beautiful fridge you've always wanted to buy saying it was a result of some policy change, then suddenly taking it away without any heads up and asking for payment saying that the shop policy was just fixed and you'll need to spend to buy it back. Oh well market people, I already spent the cash you refunded me saying the fridge was for free. Now I really need the refrigerator and don't have the money to buy it back. Thank you very much for your genius fixes because they just ruined my magical experience.
[/quote]

Becuase mur couldnt think of the right way to do it, and therefore choose an easy but bad way to "fix" it.

If you prefer i can reset it so that half of MD has access to all of the locations for free. Because something has broken the majority of all the secret keys and im doing my head in trying to work out what it is since i havent changed anything. Same with the Research things.

• Root Admin

While it is unfortunate to have had to taken such an action, this should have been the action mur took before and i can see no other way of doing it.

Feel free to make suggestions if you really want to.

I have explicitely mentioned that i am not requesting the areas to be open. I just want people to give up a headsup. So, who am I supposed to rage out on? On mur for the giving out the freebie? On you for fixing the fix? On the council for allowing the fix? On people for not rewarding more wishpoints in their quests? On my bad luck? Any suggestions? Whom am I to ask if all the freebies that have been given before wont be taken back?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1362910075' post='133693']
I have explicitely mentioned that i am not requesting the areas to be open. I just want people to give up a headsup. So, who am I supposed to rage out on? On mur for the giving out the freebie? On you for fixing the fix? On the council for allowing the fix? On people for not rewarding more wishpoints in their quests? On my bad luck? Any suggestions? Whom am I to ask if all the freebies that have been given before wont be taken back?
[/quote]

Surely you can see that there was no possible way to give a heads up since it was not known this fix would need to be implemented?

This wouldnt have been done if the keys hadnt broken, something that was not expected nor do we still know what is wrong with them. A heads up would have only been someone going "this is going to change in the next couple days" because it was a completely unexpected event that occured.

It seems a tad unfair to be demanding a heads up for the unexpected. Mur could not have known this would have happened years down the line.

Do you not feel this is slightly unreasonable since it could not have been expected.

I was there when Mur made the fix: he talked to me about it and said: I will do this. It was, as Chew said, a bad fix. A workaround if you wish.
Chew and Council did it right this time.
Imagine that all the players that bought access AFTER Mur's trick had to pay for access while us, the vets that bough it before were given lots of WPs back. That is not fair.
So, Nimmy I know that it seems not fair but it is actually quite fair. I am very pleased that it got fixed because for me it was annoying to see players going in different places for free just because a key was screwed. Think that now, those places are accessible only to them that worked for the access.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I had asked Mur about my access to Tormented Souls without spending a wishpoint, which was apparently not possible cause my story mode was incomplete. He said I'd rather enjoy it for now cause he didn't have time to look into it.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Is my access now gone?[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1362912656' post='133696']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I had asked Mur about my access to Tormented Souls without spending a wishpoint, which was apparently not possible cause my story mode was incomplete. He said I'd rather enjoy it for now cause he didn't have time to look into it.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Is my access now gone?[/color][/font]
[/quote]

if you did not buy access you will not have access.

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1362912707' post='133697']
if you did not buy access you will not have access.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]But I do have access... :wacko:[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] [/color][/font]

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1362912861' post='133698']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]But I do have access... :wacko:[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] [/color][/font]
[/quote]

no you dont, try going in.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]It got removed now, but last I checked I could go in.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]It was an exploitation without anything from my part, so I don't mind.[/color][/font]

I see the point chewett. And thats why I am asking you. Whom am I to blame for the mess I am in?

Let me do this the MD way. As i've always done for every issue i've faced:

I had spent wishpoints to get my priviledges. When my wishpoints were returned to me, I thought maybe they wouldnt be needed anymore to get those wishes and i spent them. Now, I am suffering for not having any farsight. My mistake for thinking freebies are freebies. From next time, i'l save up 'currency' to buy everything I've won or recieved for free. No matter what happens, the fault is always yours unless proved otherwise. Lesson learnt.

Thank you very much for teaching me this lesson. Thread maybe closed.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1362916241' post='133702']
I see the point chewett. And thats why I am asking you. Whom am I to blame for the mess I am in?
[/quote]

blame me, everyone else does. It appears to be the MD way to want to blame people nowadays.