The roleplay arena (MD birthday quest.)

rikstar

The roleplay arena

Explanation:
Every participant has to make a character first. This could be his/her character ingame, but you could also create one that is not your ingame character. After that I will group every person with an other. Those two players have to fight each other. As you already may have guessed you fight through chat. Those fights will last 30 minutes. After that you both will be judged. You'll get to see on the forums who won, and what your score was.
I understand if the fighting mechanic isn't that clear. So I made a really short example fight.

Example
person1: *Runs at person2 with his iron sword ready to attack.*
person2: *Uses his magic to cover his body with stone.*
person1: *Slashes in at the stone armour from person's2. He manages to break some of by his stomach.*
person2: *hits his arm at the person's1 sword. The sword flies out person's1 arm.*

What you have to do to enter the quest:
Fill this form in, and place it in this forum topic.

Form:
MD player name:
RP character name:
Time: (At which time and day you are online at the MD birthday.)
Species:
Special abilities:
A small background story:

I will post at 18 April(So you can sign up untill the server clock is at 18 of April) who will fight who, at which time and where. If you can't at that time PM me and we will find a solution.
How many fights you have is based on how many people are participating.
The winner is the person with the most points. If two players have the same points they will fight for who is better(this is for every participants not for who gets first place).

Rules:
1 Don't overpower your moves. (Don't use godmode like cutting someone's head off or make yourself invinsible.)
2 Each turn takes two minutes, when you don't answer your turn the other player can take his/her turn.
3 Have fun.

Judging:
You will get a number between 1 and 10 for every part stated below.
Originality. (Are your moves original? Are you using different moves?(This doesn't involve how original your character is.))
Creativity. (Are you using simple moves or complicated ones.)
Writability. (Are you using simple sentences or are you using some beautifull writing skills.)
Domination. (How dominant were you in the fight. Did you mostly defend or attack.)(Domination counts twice for your score.)
I will take the average of those numbers and that's your score.

Matches round1:
Thursday:
23:00 Sunfire against Elthen Airis. *done

Matches round 2:

Round 2 gives you rewards and it's after MD birthday.
The rewards are:
First: little tokened priest, (8 Shaped Odd Rock) (gets to choose first which 5 stones he/she wants) 2 sticky goop.
Second: (8 Shaped Odd Rock) (gets to choose second which 4 stones he/she wants) sticky goop.
Third: (8 Shaped Odd Rock) (gets to choose second which 2 stones he/she wants) sticky goop.

stones to choose from:

Otherarmy stone

Silvertongue stone

Turntofrog stone

Weaken stone

2 Locate stone
Mirroritual stone
2 heat stones
help the poor stone
noarmor stone

Edited by rikstar

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MD player name: dst[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]RP character name: Piss Piss[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Time: (At which time and day you are online at the MD birthday.): between 10 and 17 ST[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gender:female[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Age: A woman never tells her age.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Species: Fairy Princess[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Special abilities: Sprinkles fairy dust all over the place which makes people itch. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A small background story:Read more in the below link:[/font][/color]
[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13468-fairy-princess-my-decided-role/"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13468-fairy-princess-my-decided-role/[/url]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]So it's basically those RP-fights? I love those :) And now there's a quest for it! :D[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]You forgot to add a major rule: No godmodding!!! (you can't *cut off someone's head to kill them instantly* or *go invisible so that you are untouchable*)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]MD player name: DARK DEMON[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Character name: DARK DEMON[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Time: I CAN be online from 7-11 ST, and then from 19-22 ST unless "something" happens.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Gender: Male[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Age: (Early twenties? o.O)[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Species: Human[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Special abilities: (see my military paper)[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Small background story: (see my comments on self paper)[/color][/font]

[url="http://magicduel.com/players/DARK_DEMON"]http://magicduel.com...yers/DARK_DEMON[/url] <---you can check my papers here

Edited by DARK DEMON

I heard ingame that this quest needs some more rules to make it fairer for everybody. So I extended one rule and added an other. I also extend the deadline for filling in your forum to 18 april 00:00.

Edited by rikstar

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MD player name: Sunfire[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]RP character name: Sunfire[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Time: (At which time and day you are online at the MD birthday.) 20-23 ST[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gender: M[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Age: 924 AD[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Species: Sunspark[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Special abilities: pyromancer[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A small background story: [url="http://magicduel.com/players/Sunfire"]http://magicduel.com/players/Sunfire[/url][/font][/color]

Form:
MD player name: *Nimrodel*
RP character name: *Nimrodel*
Time: 1000 to 1200
Species: Half elf
Special abilities: Can make my crits give a lapdance to the opposite player, cast spells, use my daimon heads for evil purposes, use my long knife to defend, use my spork to injure the opponent horribly.
A small background story: Half elf. Ran away from responsibility. Dunno how she came to MD. Aims to be someone important.

[i]MD player name: Elthen Airis
RP character name: Elthen Airis
Time: mostly from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. thursday and friday(18th & 19th)
Species: human
Special abilities: move lock, locate
A small background story: You could always read my papers. If more info is needed tell me.[/i]

MD player name: Change
RP character name: Meme
Time: Thursday-Saturday. 12:00-4:00 ST.
Species: Human
Special abilities: The ability to read other people's thoughts and emotions.
A small background story: Meme was very good at spreading rumours and information as a child. As one might guess, this caused her to be hated by her community. At the age of 8, she was exiled from her village and left to live on her own. Before she left, she stole a small blowgun, a vial of poison that causes paralysis to spread throughout the body, and lots of darts. After wandering around for awhile, she came upon a magical portal that led her to the realm of magicduel.

How the poison works:

If someone is hit in the arm (for instance) by a poison tipped dart, their arm will slowly lose the ability to move. The poison will relatively quickly spread throughout the body. After twenty minutes, the entire body will be paralyzed.

Edited by Change

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MD player name: Syrian[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]RP character name: Syrian[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Time: (At which time and day you are online at the MD birthday.) most of the day sporadically, can make time.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gender: female[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Age: 12[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Species: human[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Special abilities: the essence of a past life with the power to control the winds[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A small background story: Personal papers[/font][/color]

Edited by Syrian

This will be the matches and their times(All the times are the ST). And also the match is not about winning but about dominating the other player, you don't kill the other player in the end. You can read in the first post how you will be judge. The matches will be held at the paper cabins balcony(Go in the paper cabin and click on the ladder). If you can't fight at that given time contact me as soon as possible.

Dst:
saturday: 10:00 against Nimrodel.
saturday: 12:00 against Tipu.

Dark Demon:
saturday: 20:00 against Sunfire.
saturday: 21:00 against Syrian.

Tipu:
saturday: 12:00 against Dst.
saturday: 14:00 against Change.

Sunfire:
thursday: 23:00 against Elthen Airis.
saturday: 20:00 against Dark Demon.

Nimrodel:
saturday: 10:00 against Dst.
saturday: 11:00 against Syrian.

Elthen Airis:
thursday: 22:00 against Change.
thursday: 23:00 against Surnfire.

Change:
thursday: 22:00 against Change.
saturday: 14:00 against Tipu.

Syrian:
saturday: 11:00 against Nimrodel.
saturday: 21:00 against Dark Demon.

Matches:
thursday:
22:00 Elthen Airis against Change.
23:00 Sunfire against Elthen Airis.

saturday:
10:00 Dst against Nimrodel.
11:00 Nimrodel against Syrian.
12:00 Tipu against Dst.
14:00 Tipu against Change.
20:00 Dark Demon against Sunfire.
21:00 Dark Demon against Syrian.

Edited by rikstar

Umm...we have a problem. I said I am online between 10 and 17 ST. Yes, that's correct but only during week days.
During week-ends I tend to be online a little late because I sleep like a rock.

So I will never be able to wake up for the 10 am fight even if that means MD will explode. Or implode.

I can be there if it's possible to reschedule the first fight at let's say 13:00 ST.
If not...then I will have to redraw from the competition.

I am sorry I have caused this mess. I totally forgot about week-end.

Okay thank you for responding Dst, I'll try to fix the problem. I'll let you know what I can arrange.
And it doesn't matter.

If your time changes at saturday could you PM me that to me.(meant for every participant.)

Edited by rikstar

The first match has ended, here is the log for people who are interested (the match was Sunfire against Elthen Airis.):

:rikstar announces Sunfire and ELthen to the croud in the arena.
: Sunfire lays his staff and on the ground and starts warming up his muscles
: Elthen Airis bows with his bowler hat in hand, then puts it on his head.
rikstar: In the right corner is Sunfire the pyro.
rikstar: In the left we got Elthen the gentleman.
: Elthen Airis smiles at the announce.
: Sunfire grins and waves with a lit hand
rikstar: (Who wants the first turn?)
Elthen Airis: (Go ahead, Sun. I'm good.)
rikstar: (If sun is okay with it we'll go.)
: Sunfire eyes his opponent carefully, starts circling while looking for signs of weaknesses
: Elthen Airis carefully follows Sunfire's movements, but stands strangely still.
: Sunfire fakes a a swing with his staff aimed at Elthen's knees
Elthen Airis: *takes a step back in an agile reflex. He then smiles and says* Eh, what is the color of your flame? I can sense quite a lot of passion over there.
Sunfire: you'll see soon enough *grins, stomps with his staff three times on the ground and three little fireballs appear in front of him*
: Elthen Airis starts running against the fireballs heading towards Sunfire, concentrated and absorbed by their movements. As if they become part of the surroundings.
: Sunfire blinks in surprise, then quickly puts thend of the staff firmly in the ground while pointing the poity en towards the running elthen
Sunfire: pointy*
: Elthen Airis jumps forward, as if taking the form of a giant spear, thus dodging the fireballs. He makes a forward roll on the ground and motions to hit Sunfire's leg
Sunfire: *gets imbalanced and stumbles a few steps back* you're faster than i thought
Elthen Airis: Back then, when i was living in the Tribunal i used to jog every day from the Gazebo of Equilibrium to the Tribunal. Do you have any idea how much that trains you? *chuckles*
Sunfire: i can imagine, i try to do that as well in the woods *looks a little odd at elthen and makes some hand movements, the fireballs which landed in the grass slowly make a burning path towards elthen*
: Elthen Airis closes his eyes, concentrating on the complicated thought of his "Skinny the Snowman" and not long after a very thin, rather ridiculously looking snowman appears to defend him.
Sunfire: interesting... but i dont think it will do *grins*
: [Spell] mother's warmth
Sunfire: i have... connections *grins*
Elthen Airis: *waits anxiously to see what the spell's effect is, while keeping a tight connection with his Snowman's movements.* I bet you do. Well, come at me then, i'm eager to see what you have in store.
: Sunfire frowns as he doesnt immediately see the snowman melt ahh we'll just have to do it the old fashion way... starts shooting fireballs at Elthen in what seems to be a random direction
Elthen Airis: *takes out a magnifying glass, puts it on and and analyzes the spells effects.* Hmm, interesting. Let's see how you would do against this then.
: [Spell] Mothers Cold
: Elthen Airis the fireballs quickly dissolve into the air currents.
Sunfire: not impressed
: Elthen Airis concentrates on this complex thought of "Medusa". A smoke slowly starts going up from the ground and suddenly a Clown Joker comes out.
Elthen Airis: *swears* I oughtn't have sacrificed my "Medusa" few days ago...
: Elthen Airis looks at the Joker, he laughs at Elthen and says...
:::::::: What whish would stars make when they saw falling people. ::::::::
Elthen Airis: (Your turn.)
Sunfire: time for me to bring a companion out as well then *snaps his fingers and ind a flamy flash Hope, his firebird, appears* look Hope, dinner... *Hope flies off, aiming her claws at the joker* .
: Elthen Airis stares at his Joker hopelessly. The Joker is petrified, he can't even move at the sight of Hope. Instead, he starts reciting poems, until he gets hit.
: Elthen Airis concentrates and quickly an archer named Dho appears on the top of the wall. He aims for bird with great precision and fires.
: Sunfire looks shocked as he sees the arrow go through Hope, seeing her dissapear in the same flash, then he storms at Elthen flames spreading over his whole body, looking like a mad berserker
: Elthen Airis looks around in dash, searching for something useful. He then quickly takes a bucket out, collects the water left from his snowman and flings it at Sunfire.
Elthen Airis: A little shower would do perhaps?
: Sunfire hisses as the water reaches him, extinguishing some of the flames, vapor rising from his wet cloak
: Sunfire continues his wild charge aiming to ram his shoulder into Elthen's chest
Elthen Airis: Now, fire Dho!!! *Elthen screams.*
: Elthen Airis takes a hit in his shoulder and is pushed on the side from the impact. An arrow is however closely flying aimed at Sunfire's leg.
Sunfire: *stumbles a little back from the impact and falls as the arrow enters his leg* you will pay... in blood
: Sunfire tries to pull the arrow out but only manages to break the shaft
: Sunfire slowly gets back up leaning heavily on his staff
: Elthen Airis charges at Sunfire, holding his left shoulder with his right arm, obviously feeling pain. He gets close to Sunfire and swings his boot in his direction.
: Sunfire curses and tries to grab the boot before it can make contact
: Sunfire fails miserable and ends up being kicked on his left wrist
Elthen Airis: Well, i believe that's quite enough, don't you think? *Elthen says breathing heavily from the charge. He takes a few steps back while waiting Sunfire's answer.*
Sunfire: *narrows his eyes* you win this time, next time you wont be this lucky
Elthen Airis: A good battle that was.
: Elthen Airis closes his eyes and Dho disappears from the wall.
Elthen Airis: I knew i could rely on that fellow. You don't know him? He's from the woods.
Elthen Airis: I recruited him long ago.
rikstar: crowds stands up and claps for the amazing fight.
: Elthen Airis is a bit surprised, looking at all the crowd around. He decides to bow politely as he usually does in courtesy.
rikstar: Commentator: and that is the end of an amazing fights.
: Sunfire ignores the crowd, takes his athame and makes a little cut at his arrowwound
: Sunfire grabs the broken arrowshaft and starts pulling it out

All fights on saturday will take on a other time or day. the only matches that will continue are these two (this is due to some time schedules.):
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14:00 Tipu against Change.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]20:00 Dark Demon against Sunfire.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I will post as soon as possible the other times for the matches.[/font][/color]

I've decided to let every participant do one match, If you're a participant you should post in the forum at which times you are online from sunday to friday (Sunfire and Elthen Airis don't need to do it). Your second match will be after the birthday. I know you won't get rewards for that. That's why I'm also looking for some sponsors.

Sorry for not being active the last days, this is due to some debating for 5 days I was to tired to do anything and I went straight to bed everyday. I got some sponsorships from other people as rewards. I'll continue this quest saturday. At that moment I'm free for 2 weeks and I have nothing to do, so I can spend a lot of time into it. I'll try to contact the council for giving you all a small reward for participating in the quest.

Rik

• 2 weeks later...

I'll continue my quest right now. I'll be posting down below who's fighting who. You need to contact each other and discus when you both can do the match, then you'll contact me and we will do the match at that time. If you have any questions, then I recommend to contact me.

Matches:

Syrian against dst.

Change against Nimrodel.

Tipu against Dark Demon.