Quest: Find the One

Tom Pouce

Find the One
(by Tom Pouce at MD past and present )

Challenges testing your cuning, sharp wits, tenacity, learning, will to learn about MD realm, art, sciences, and magic

need to register, quest in four stages

Registration ended To register and details: http://bmmorpg.com/tompouce/a1/indexquest.htm

Rewards: 1 wish point, 1 morph, 1 golden token for avatar, 1 rusty, 1 imperial aramor**, 1 tormented soul**

**special for less than 60 and 120 day players

Requirements: being an MD player, being registered in MD forum please register only one character (alt)

How to start: Registration with that link http://bmmorpg.com/tompouce/a1/indexquest.htm

If you have questions .. :)   I am here to answer

Tom

Registration end  (I will not accept more registration at that time)[spoiler]

Montreal on lundi 7 octobre 2013, 17 h 00 m 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: lundi (monday) 7 octobre 2013, 21 h 00 m 00

MD time Tues. Oct. 8, 0:00 ST—Registration ends

[/spoiler]

Quest first stage[spoiler]

Quest first stage begin (I will post 2 link participant will need to follow the one they have made there choice for first stage)
Montreal on lundi 7 octobre 2013, 18 h 00 m 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: lundi (monday) 7 octobre 2013, 22 h 00 m 00

MD time Tues, Oct. 8, 1:00 ST—First stage begins

Quest first stage end (participant need to have sent there first stage submissions before that time to be admit to second stage)

time limit to send an soumission form even empty but for your name to gain stage 2 is increase by 1 hour
Montreal on mercredi 9 octobre 2013, 18 h 00 m 00 +1 hour
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: mercredi (wenesday) 9 octobre 2013, 22 h 00 m 00+1 hour

MD time Thurs, Oct 10, 1:00 ST—First stage ends+1 hour

[/spoiler]

second stage

[spoiler]

Quest second stage begin ( I will post instructions)
Montreal on mercredi 9 octobre 2013, 19 h 00 m 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: mercredi (wenesday) 9 octobre 2013, 23 h 00 m 00
MD time Thurs, Oct. 10, 2:00 ST—Second stage begins

Quest second stage end (participant need to have sent there second stage submissions before that time to be admit to third stage)

Stage 2 will begin as was annonced, but stage 2 end will be extend by 24 hrs
Montreal on vendredi 11 octobre 2013, 19 h 00 m 00  + 24 hrs = 12 octobre 2013, 19 h 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: vendredi (Friday) 11 octobre 2013, 23 h 00 m 00 + 24 hrs= 12 octobre 2013, 23 h 00 m 00

MD time Sat, Oct. 12, 2:00 ST—Second stage ends + 24 hrs = Oct. 13 2:00

[/spoiler]

Third stage

[spoiler]From (start)
mardi 22,  18 h 00 (montreal)
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time, tuesday 22, 22 h 00
MD time wenesday  23, 1 am
TO (end)
samedi 26, 18 h 00 (montreal)
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time, saturday 26, 22 h 00
MD time sunday, 1 am[/spoiler]

fourth stage

fourth stage will start for those that have chosen to take it
(I will then post an link to that stage)

Montreal on lundi 28 octobre 2013, 18 h 00 m 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: monday  28 october 2013, 22 h 00 m 00
MD time tuesday 1 am,  29 october

and will last 48 hours to receive your answers

Note
Montreal time is my time zone
UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, GMT is Greenwich Mean Time.
This is an link that may help you convert to your own local time
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Registered players: ackshan bemunah, Dante Lionheart, darkraptor, Donald Black, Clock Master, lashtal, dst, John Constantine, Valldore Nal, no one, Valoryn, Nimrodel, AmberRune, Grido, Syrian, Dolomich, Sunfire, Xavax, Ivorak, MRAlyon, Rophs, Soothing Sands, Zyrxae, Intrigue, madjikman, Jester, Aquellia, tal, eara meraia

player promo less than 60 days: Donald Black

player promo less than 120 days: Aquellia

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rule change

I will not message each participant instructions with forum message
at stage start

instead i will post in forum thread
two links
participant will have to use the link that will be relevant to his / her choices for first stage

sorry for the inconvenience of this change

Reason: forum dont accept to send at same time  the require number of messages

First stage begin !

[spoiler]

Players:
Dante Lionheart, Donald Black, Clock Master, lashtal, dst, Valldore Nal, no one, Valoryn, Nimrodel, AmberRune, Grido, Dolomich, Sunfire, Xavax, Ivorak, Rophs, madjikman, Jester, tal
Use that link for your first stage challenges

Players:
ackshan bemunah, darkraptor, John Constantine, Syrian, MRAlyon, Soothing Sands, Zyrxae, Intrigue, Aquellia, eara meraia

[/spoiler]

Quest Find the One  Second stage begin ! <<<<<<<<<< use the link

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third stage begin !!

link for those that chosed cyclicity
http://bmmorpg.com/tompouce/a1/third/cyclicity/indexcycli.htm

link for those that chosed time
http://bmmorpg.com/tompouce/a1/third/time/indextime.htm

Note: Decision
This third stage can be the end of your quest
or
you can chose to take the optionnal fourth stage
But
if you take the fourth stage, it can either lower or raise your overall rating
from the stage 1 ,2 and 3

chose wisely for yourself

May you be the One

Fourth stage begun!!

Link to fourth stage for those that have chosen to do it

Edited by Tom Pouce

• Root Admin

Pressing register crashes opera FYI

Iv No clue why...

EDIT: Yes, yes i see why, it was coded by some export frontpage, yeah you might want to fix that.

Edited by Chewett

Hi  Chewett

This is an know to me problem that opera, ... but i dont know how to improve so it dont crash

as an right now solution i had put an warning to that effect, and say i tested with exlorer and firefox and its good

If yu know how to improve forms so it dont crash , youd be kind to message me the solution as its over my knoledge to do

thanks

Tom

yes sorry if  bother you, BUT your player name is PLAYER  not *Player* the asterix are your title as lho

(hint)  :)

note

If you are aware of good new players, you could point them to this quest

as they have an additionnal chance, with the less than 60 or 120 day promo to win something

I revise my first posting to list who is registered to date

Tom

Edited by Tom Pouce

• Root Admin

yes sorry if  bother you, BUT your player name is PLAYER  not *Player* the asterix are your title as lho

That might be your definition, but its not the games. So you might want to write that down on your form tom.

note

If you are aware of good new players, you could point them to this quest

as they have an additionnal chance, with the less than 60 or 120 day promo to win something

I revise my first posting to list who is registered to date

Tom

Yes... But several in game features don't work if you dont type it with the asterixes. Infact most. 

[spoiler] Including login [/spoiler]

Quest scedule

Registration end  (I will not accept more registration at that time)
Montreal on lundi 7 octobre 2013, 17 h 00 m 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: lundi 7 octobre 2013, 21 h 00 m 00

MD time tuesfay

Quest first stage begin (I will post 2 link participant will need to follow the one they have made there choice for first stage)
Montreal on lundi 7 octobre 2013, 18 h 00 m 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: lundi 7 octobre 2013, 22 h 00 m 00

MD time tuesfay 1 am

Quest first stage end (participant need to have sent there first stage submissions before that time to be admit to second stage)
Montreal on mercredi 9 octobre 2013, 18 h 00 m 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: mercredi 9 octobre 2013, 22 h 00 m 00

MD time thursfay 1 am

Quest second stage begin ( I will post instructions)
Montreal on mercredi 9 octobre 2013, 19 h 00 m 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: mercredi 9 octobre 2013, 23 h 00 m 00

MD time thursfay 2 am

Quest second stage end (participant need to have sent there second stage submissions before that time to be admit to third stage)
Montreal on vendredi 11 octobre 2013, 19 h 00 m 00 + 24 hrs
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: vendredi 11 octobre 2013, 23 h 00 m 00 + 24 hrs

MD time thursfay 2 am + 24 hrs

Note
Montreal time is my time zone
UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, GMT is Greenwich Mean Time.
This is an link that may help you convert to your own local time
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Note i did put to make chewett happy the md time but if there is an error its the UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time:that is right

Edited by Tom Pouce

• Root Admin

Tom please use english on the forum as a requirement.

Furthermore, it is recommended to use Server Time instead of your own time, so that people can easily convert since everyone knows their offset to server time and therefore wont have to waste time converting everything.

there seem to be 7 hours difference between me and MD server but did not want to make any error, so i provide instead the unerversal reference the UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, GMT is Greenwich Mean Time.

and there is still my time zone time, as i dont want to forget when i should do what i need to do

to be sure that there was no error i use the link i did provide

and copy paste to its no error

but that site and modern browser make it write it in french, i did provide in (the translation of the day)

and i use an unerversal reference the UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, GMT is Greenwich Mean Time.

Edited by Tom Pouce

• Root Admin

Just work out your times, then work out your difference with the server and translate it across.

Server time says 20:39 for me, my computer time is 18:39, so i would just add 2 hours to all my times.

Rule change

I will not message each participant instructions with forum message
at stage start

instead i will post in forum thread
two links
participant will have to use the link that will be relevant to his / her choices for first stage

sorry for the inconvenience of this change

Reason: forum dont accept to send at same time to send the require number of message

First stage begin !

Players:
Dante Lionheart, Donald Black, Clock Master, lashtal, dst, Valldore Nal, no one, Valoryn, Nimrodel, AmberRune, Grido, Dolomich, Sunfire, Xavax, Ivorak, Rophs, madjikman, Jester, tal

Players:
ackshan bemunah, darkraptor, John Constantine, Syrian, MRAlyon, Soothing Sands, Zyrxae, Intrigue, Aquellia, eara meraia

there seem to be an limit to messages convo in forum, seem i cant send more message ...

if yu have questions post here or see me in game if you cant send me an forum message

- for immagination

part 1  code is 26 corresponding letters, if when summiting before end you dont have the 26 put an space where  its missing

then give the author name

part 2  place bloc in order to recover an poem then find author

only the author is the answer

- for balance

Do ALL the diagonals add up to the number on the right, or just the two? the 2 main diagonals

yu say 0 to 50 what does it mean for 0 and 50? they are include

Note: to sumit the answers partial or complete, even if you did not found any, (as each stage is different  you can perform better in another stage),  use the send form before the stage 1 end, to be allow to go the stage 2

Can i send partial answer and send the remaining later? the first form soumission is your soumission (take it like an exam you give all your anwers at same time)

(understand, evaluating an bunch of form send from same player would make it to much)

Edited by Tom Pouce

Ok, the cipher has multiple solutions ( I mean for the imagination, first task). Will all of them be counted as OK or do you have one specific in mind? If you do have one specific then you should give some hints as to what that is because it is impossible to know which is which.

Also, there are few spelling mistakes.

Edited by dst

- for immagination

part 1  code is 26 corresponding letters, if when summiting before end you dont have the 26 put an space where  its missing

if there is multiple solution then there is

and on an personnal note DST , maybe you should look at your in game message box, i message you an few day ago, and dont seem to have been read .. or you take you time to answer

:P

Edited by Tom Pouce

if there is multiple solution then there is

and on an personnal note DST , maybe you should look at your in game message box, i message you an few day ago, and dont seem to have been read .. or you take you time to answer

:P

You still haven't answer my question: will any of the solutions be accepted as correct ?

I'm still nowhere in the challenge, but I've learned a lot about cyphers and cryptography in the last 12 hours. :D

A question on the first part: 

- for immagination

Corresponding to what? So far I believe the answer is the name of the poem, but no confirmation. I'm in story mode, so I can't find anyone in game and I have also received no message.

The answer form has three fields. I believe they must be filled with: 1: Name of first poem; 2 - Author of first poem and 3 - Author of second poem.
Is that correct?

I'm still nowhere in the challenge, but I've learned a lot about cyphers and cryptography in the last 12 hours. :D

A question on the first part:

Corresponding to what? So far I believe the answer is the name of the poem, but no confirmation. I'm in story mode, so I can't find anyone in game and I have also received no message.

The answer form has three fields. I believe they must be filled with: 1: Name of first poem; 2 - Author of first poem and 3 - Author of second poem.
Is that correct?

Nuh. First one was to be the key. As in which letter corresponds to which letter.

there seem to be an limit to messages convo in forum, seem i cant send more message ...

if yu have questions post here or see me in game if you cant send me an forum message

- for immagination

part 2  place bloc in order to recover an poem then find author

only the author is the answer

- for balance

Do ALL the diagonals add up to the number on the right, or just the two? the 2 main diagonals

yu say 0 to 50 what does it mean for 0 and 50? they are include

Note: to sumit the answers partial or complete, even if you did not found any, (as each stage is different  you can perform better in another stage),  use the send form before the stage 1 end, to be allow to go the stage 2

Can i send partial answer and send the remaining later? the first form soumission is your soumission (take it like an exam you give all your anwers at same time)

(understand, evaluating an bunch of form send from same player would make it to much)

bump so its easy to see those questions answers