Quest: Find the One

Tom Pouce

(i received you entry DST) the form work and record the receive time .. plz dont burden thread if all seem allright so other can easyly see that :

Cyclicity send form errors versus crosswords

Cycle B "2 time number 8 , no number 9 in form ... "
use the first as the 8 the second down as 9  , if yu did not flush your cache and dont have the corrected form

Cycle C " there is 2 #1, across and down, and only one #1 for answer in form"
I will take as right either answer in form

Cycle D "there is 2 #17, across and down, and only one #17 for answer in form"
I will take as right either answer in form

Edited by Tom Pouce

fourth stage will start for those that have chosen to take it
(I will then post an link to that stage)

Montreal on lundi 28 octobre 2013, 18 h 00 m 00
UTC (GMT/Zulu)-time: monday  28 october 2013, 22 h 00 m 00
MD time tuesday 1 am,  29 october

and will last 48 hours to receive your answers

I had some questions about stage 4 and how i will rate it.

To have an quest that is complete , i was feeiling the need to cover combat knowledge, an area that i myself lack some.

so in  desining that quest, i got help of an good experience fighter, that help with stage four.

The question was chosen with that judge, and he will judge stage 4. I will send him anonimous answers that i received so his judgement is fair of any prejudice, and abide with his judgement of the rightness of the answer

Quest : Find the One results

First place: DST
1 wish point from me
 plus 1 morph from Tresury keepers

Secound place: Nimrodel
first choice between golden token for avatar from Avatar managers or 1 rusty from Tresury keepers (chosen golden token)
please post Nimrodel what is your choice

Third place: Valldore Nal
get the remaining choice 1 rusty

Promo for best showoff for an player of less than 120 days: Aquellia
win  necrovion king Azull sponsored 1 tormented soul

Promo for best showoff for an player of less than 60 days: NO WINNERS
Donald Black the only registered player in that category was not able to participate and as given his official resignation

Since I had sponsor one imperial aramor, I chose to give it as prize for the only one with perfect rating in stage 1
madjikman

--------------------------
Notes on overall rating

The competion was really fierse
To illustrate and show transparence the overall rating of the first 5 participants
dst     (27.5/30)
Nimrodel  (27.15811966/30)
Valldore Nal  (26.73076923/30
eara meraia (26.64529915/30)
AmberRune (24.08119658/30)
darkraptor (22.17948718/30)

In case there is any question about my awarding an wish point I will keep my data for 2 weeks
after that i wont warrenty retention of the informations.

I take some instants to say my thanks to

My sponsors that has made possible this interesting quest with some quite amazing prizes

aricebu1.gif Avatar managers: Fire Starter , Neno Veliki  aricebu1.gif Necrovion king  Azull  aricebu1.gif Tresury keepers: Max Mortlock , Pipstickz 

Burns for his support and counseling

Chewett for his quest "of making quests" that gave me the push to make this quest

Muratus del Mur

and most to you

all participants to this quest, hoping you had some fun

Edited by Tom Pouce

Congrats everyone!
I choose a gold avatar token.

Just to clarify something, could you put up the stagewise scores as in which puzzle was awarded how many marks? And individual scores For individual players.

Edited by Nimrodel

Additionnal info as requested by Nimrodel

first stage part one 5 points part two 5 points for total possible of 10 points
secound stage part one 5 points part two 5 points for total possible of 10 points
third stage 10 points

Stage four was an all or nothing, all participant that sent an entry where judge to have summit sufficient answer to pass by the outside judge

due to the huge amount of data I wont publish at large all detail rating for each puzzle and participant

except of explicit request by either concil public or hidden or one of the sponsor if there is specific questions

if an participant as specific question about his personnal rating, contact me privately and i will discust it

Edited by Tom Pouce

I asked for that info for my own personal curiosity. Both me and Nimmy are very competitive and I wanted to know what I did or didn't (or she did or didn't) in order to win. 

Tom was kind enough to provide the info that made the difference. Everything was perfectly legal and fine. 

Thank you darkraptor. 

BUT, now that the quest is over, I think I can give my feedback. 

Stage 1: - the code was fairly easy (at least for me) and it was fun. What "angered" (it is a strong word but I cannot find another one) was the lack of info (3 letters were missing but I had to "drag" the info out of Tom about what to do with those letters).

-the puzzle was indeed difficult and for me there was no way to solve it in the allocated time frame. So what I did was to try and form some words and search for them. Unfortunately I didn't search in the right place. So this was pretty frustrating. And not fun. 

Stage 2 - to find the words in that big sheet - LOTS of fun for me since I used to do those kind of puzzles when I was a kid. The problem was there were spelling mistakes that made me lose precious time  trying to find out if I made mistakes or I am missing something.

-find the locations: that was a mind blower. Luckily I cheated.  I had a hunch on what those "hints" would be and the second one was easily to check (the one about Tranquil Planes). From that point it was just a kid's play to find what were the verses that fit. So....not exactly the way of solving Tom wanted. 

Stage 3 - all the crosswords were solved mainly by using "Search". So the better you were at searching stuff the faster you could solve them. Not so fun. Quite frustrating at one point. Especially since some of the definitions were very ambiguous and vague. 

Stage 4 - quite an impossible stage because I would have needed a rituals generator to be able to cover all possibilities. Not to mention that in certain conditions almost all rits can win. And the deadline killed me (but this is just me...): quite a complex task with only 2 days to complete AND during the working week. Again, no fun.

However, I admire the dedication and I acknowledge the effort Tom put in this quest. Hope he'll learn from his mistakes and next ones will have less bad points. 

Also, Tom, PLEASE ask someone to spell proof your quests...

Thank you for the quest Tom and congrats to dst and Nim for the score and ofc everyone for participating . 

In all honest i feel dst covered pretty any comment i would want to add. 

Only repeat her last one, if you are doing quests involving word puzzles and such , indeed please ask for someone to spell proof them 

congratulations to all winners!

Agree with dst here completely.

and for Tom - it was a big work and obviously a fair amount of time that you and your helpers invested into this quest. So thanks for that and good luck for your new quests. Perfection comes through training.