code issues? MP4 and now things don't work

petty dodds

ok, have been messaging with Eara all day.

seems when I went to mp4 a bunch of clickables wont' work for me.  in addition,  I can't do public logs and there are a few other glitchy issues since I leveled up.

anyone?   I think it's code issues because I did all sorts of trouble shooting on my computer and am currently logged in on a friend's computer and nope - i can't access some things. 

in particular, the clickable of the fountain at marind's Roundabout - i'm trying to do Maebius' quest "a little tour of sorts" and I can't click the base of the fountain for my lower heat tolerance.

Thanks

Petty

If i remember correctly , when you change mind power the quests resets and you have to repeat the whole process from the beginning. It's been quite some time since i finished Maebius quest so i'm not 100% sure about it right now. He should be able to provide more details regarding that.

thanks Val.  I'll consider that.  I think it's more than that though.  especially since I have already redone portions of Maebius' quest to get caught up, finished the story and have sorted a few other things.  I'm still of the opinion that I am experiencing some glitchy things.

Yep, the riddles portion of my quest seems to reset when folks change mind-power in the middle of it.  That's due to my use of keys rather than @storage values for there... I was new to coding then, and can confirm it happens.  Later portions of the quest, after speaking about Principle scenes, work fine across Mind Powers.

As for odd glitchy things, Yes be careful not to inadvertantly skip portions of the 'Tutorial' by jumping/teleporting, and pick up all scrolls again in the Paper Cabin.  It's almost too easy to do, if you aren't careful.   I've done it intentionally on an alt and it does make things wonky in some scenes.   Oops!  

What glitches? What errors? Be more specific. Nobody can guess what "other glitches" you're experiencing.

right?  i agree.  that WAS vague of me.  sorry

so after returning to paper cabin, i have sorted my issues save but the Public Log issue.  Adding the "return to paper cabin after level up" on my K doc for newbies! lol  (and maybe I should also add - don't be such a vague forum poster?) :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

woop woop

ran to paper cabin and picked up a few scrolls. 

Val, you were right about that one.  fountain works again.  BUT... the other glitches?  now to sort those too....

A number of items wont work while you are in tutorial mode, This is likely what happened. LHO's please note this down if you didnt know.

right?  i agree.  that WAS vague of me.  sorry

so after returning to paper cabin, i have sorted my issues save but the Public Log issue.  Adding the "return to paper cabin after level up" on my K doc for newbies! lol  (and maybe I should also add - don't be such a vague forum poster?) :P

Whats the public log issue? you cant see them? edit them? make new ones?

This is another possibility of being in tutorial mode. Is it now fixed?

• 9 months later...