Remembrance

Sasha Lilias

The living owe it to those who no longer can speak to tell their story for them.

~Czezslaw Milsoz

Introduction

The Dimensional Shifters have embraced great changes through years gone by, and it is those changes that have sculpted the guild into what it is today. Although the guild has seen better days, where it's influence and respect in the realm was far higher than that of which it is today, the future still lies ahead; ready to be moulded and shaped into what me make it to be.

This quest is to take a look back into the history of the guild and to remember those that left their mark on it, for both the good and the bad reasons.

------------------

Details

Hidden around the realm, in certain clickables, there are images of those that were once a part of the guild, and somehow did something to or for it. In total there are 7 players to be found.

------------------

How to partake

To be able to win you must find all 7 characters and name them.

Sounding too easy?

Well here comes the tricky part. 

After finding and naming all characters, you must then choose 1 of the 7 and write a piece of original poetry on them.

The piece must contain personal details about the character and how they affected the guild. You must also, somehow, include a location within MD that they had a connection with or you feel best describes them.

Sounding a little harder now?

Well I'm not finished yet!

Your piece of poetry must conform to one of these five sub-types:

Ballad

Ballade

Sonnet

Ode

Acrostic

------------------

Reward(s) and method of choosing a winner

There will be only one winner but the reward large.

As this will be what I hope is a very hard quest the list of possible rewards are as follows:

Wishpoint

-

Rustgold Drachorn

-

$100 Game Credits

I, Sasha Lilias, will reserve the right to decide what prize will be given, depending on the quality of work.

The winner will be chosen, however, through public voting.

------------------

How to enter

Before sending your poetry you must send to me a message containing the names and whereabouts of all 7 characters.

If all names are correct, then I shall reply letting you know you are free to enter your piece of poetry. If the names are wrong, even one, then your piece will not be eligible for a main prize, but will be entered into a "consolation"  prize draw.

You will only have one shot at naming them all correctly, so make sure it counts.

All entries must be sent to me through a forum message, laid out in the format you wish it to appear when put to public votes.

Due to the difficulty of the quest it shall be run for a minimum of one month. From thenceforth pieces shall not be accepted, and will be put to vote in a new thread, one week after the last submission.

I suggest, to those that enter the competition, that you keep a close eye on this topic as I shall be announcing here when the competition is coming to a close. Nowhere else.

------------------

Time of current deadline: 11th April 2014

------------------

I wish you all the very best of luck and happy writing.

~Sasha Lilias, Ghost of Fortune

15t.gif

*If there are any questions or concerns please send me a message via forum or in-game messaging.*

Edited by Sasha Lilias

What do you mean by "public voteing" ?

And also this: "personal details about the character ". What does it mean?

Each piece will be placed into a new thread where a voting poll will be implemented. 

By personal details I mean attributes, characteristics, likes, dislikes, achievements, etc.

Update on rules

- Please read carefully -

No piece of poetry is to be shared or discussed amongst one another.

All pieces are to be kept anonymous until after voting has finished.

Any discussion found on pieces before voting has finished will void the mentioned piece of work and result in a ban from this quest.

You may mention or state you are taking part, but not which piece belongs to you.

This may seem uncalled for but, as possible rewards are large, harsher rules are required.

Thank you,

15t.gif

Edited by Sasha Lilias

And how will you make sure nobody will slip the info about their poem? I have at least 3 examples when such info was shared.

Also how will you control the poll? Are you sure that friends will not vote friends based on the above issue?

Only public vote is the WORST method of voting. Wait...there is another one but I haven't seen it in a long time.

So I suggest you reconsider the way you will choose the winner. Such prizes will defo attract cheaters. And you'll have no way of stopping them if you follow the path you have started.

No quest is fool proof Dst, but think negatively and negativity is sure follow.

Firstly, I don't doubt some will try to cheat, it's bound to happen. But take a look at the quest again.

This requires a lot of effort to complete, as well as skill with words and research. Not just anyone can create a piece of poetry to the standard I am asking for. I am not going to go to huge extents to stop all possibilities of cheating when the quest itself is a way of preventing mere "cheats" and " fraudsters". Howeverif I catch anyone mentioning or discussing their entries, or trying to rig/influence the quest in any way, there will be concequences.

This quest is more than "just another quest" but I shan't be discussing that here. If you wish to ask about that then contact me privately.

The prizes were decided in coordination with the above statement and also the difficulty factor. With that said, I have reserved the right to choose what prize is deserved and will be given.

This is a public quest for and about public players. The voting will be done also by the public.

Edited by Sasha Lilias

You're an ignorat if you think you'll catch the players talking about their entries. And you're an ignorant if you think you will be able to manage a FAIR voting poll.

I never asked you to stop all possible cheating. I am asking you to stop THIS one. Public voting proved to be the most cheatable and unfair type of voting. Change it or add something else to it.

Is it a difficult quest? Maybe. But the prize is high enough to be a strong incentive for cheating.So I ask you again to change the way of voting.

I second dst.

Public voting means that the one who has more friends will win... (not entirely, but certainly a good portion, even though people may deny all they like). I can guarantee you that the winner in these type of quests is usually not the most deserving, esp if there is only one winner.

@sasha, if you are looking personally for a very high standard of poem, then why is it a public vote? if its your opinion about what meets your standard, wouldnt it make sense for you yourself to judge the quest? you also have no way of tracking any talk that goes on outside of MD (be it yim or otherwise), anonymity is fine, but not when its by public vote and nothing else

Sy

Edited by Syrian

Update to deciding winner

After some thought and consideration I have decided that I can't deny then points made above and that they are very true.

With this being the case judging shall now be done by myself and a select few.

If you are interested in being a judge then please message me.

You will not be eligible to take part in the quest.

Thank you,

15t.gif

Edited by Sasha Lilias

quick question - are the 7 players/clickables available in No Man's Land and Marind Bell or are they also in Necrovian, GG, Loreroot and Lands of the East and MDA lands?

and when listing the seven players and their names, do we also need to provide the location of the clickable and the guild they were a member of?

Edited by petty dodds

quick question - are the 7 players/clickables available in No Man's Land and Marind Bell or are they also in Necrovian, GG, Loreroot and Lands of the East and MDA lands?

and when listing the seven players and their names, do we also need to provide the location of the clickable and the guild they were a member of?

They are in NML, MB and LR lands.

Just the location and name of character. They have all been in the DS alliance.

• 2 weeks later...

tut tut - still having trouble.  got into LR finally but all told, between NML, LR and MB, I still only have five.

I know I asked once, but there really aren't any in GG, NC or LoE?  What about MDA lands?

thanks lovely Sasha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I must apologise for my absence and the delay in this quest. Unfortunately there will be more delays on this quest until further notice. Due to unexpected, real life, occurrences I cannot guarantee a set end date for this quest.

Until then, please feel free to message Player names and your Poems to me Via the forums.

This quest will continue and judging will commence fours weeks after my return.

Thank you for your patience,

~Sasha 

• 7 months later...

Quest Update

As from the 22nd of December 2014 I declare this quest re-opened.

Changes in rules:

1. The quest shall now run for no less than 2 months and no more than 3.
  2. Clickable items are hidden in all lands bar Golemus.
  3. All submissions will be anonymous when judged.
  4. The winner shall be decided by a panel of 4, including myself.
  5. There will be 1 winner that qualifies for one of my "Grand prizes", though others may be rewarded if seen fit. 
  6. All entries should be submitted to Azull via Forum message. Please include the quest name in the title.

This quest is sponsored by myself. Should, however, others wish to sponsor anything else, please let me know through forum messages.

Happy hunting!

15t.gif

Edited by Sasha Lilias

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...