Kingship - End of the Triumvirate

Grido

This post marks the official ending of the Triumvirate structure for the Golemus kingship and it's move to a singular Kingship position.

As a pre-existing member of the leadership, 8 days ago I claimed said kingship position, and invited others via our private forum to run against me if they wished to hold the position instead. After no objections to my claim, I am now officially announcing that the crown is mine for Golemus.

Along with my claim, I stated that there would be no fixed deadline for objecting to my claim, but that two weeks after a candidate put themselves forward there would be an election, and that after that point there would not be another one for 6 months afterwards.

You are all welcome to discuss this change in circumstances for our land.

Ann. 1659 - [2010-11-11 02:42:40 - Stage 10] 

King and Citizen rules update

Rebel Citizens - official way to protest against land leadership

• Rebel status can be set from citizenship page on the right of the interface
  • To switch to rebel you need a certain number of days as active citizen within that land.
  • Rebel status changes your tag and description and they wont be reverted after. It is a sacrifice for your cause.
  • Player drops from current alliance but remain citizens of the land
  • Rebels cannot get excommunicated but need to obey land official rules
  • No land loyalty is gained while a rebel
  • Rebel status is cleared when they join an alliance (tag and description are reset)
  • Kings will receive items to supress rebels from talking in chat but they wont be able to suppress groups
  • If the percentage of rebels gets to high (exact percentage to be announced later), their demands, including elections, will be heard
  • A dedicated page for official land rules and king specific rules will be made public for each land separately
  • Using alts to increase the number of rebels of a land will be punished

Kings now have 4 lives

Citizens punished by the king, or opposing the king (rebels), can open a dispute regarding a kings decision. If the decision proves to be abusive or based on no actual reason, the king will get one bad point out of a maximum of four. Please note that not all dispute requests will be accepted, just those about serious acts. The penalty points of a king can be for anything that makes that king a bad king for his land, but will not be given easily. Kings authority will be officialy protected and supported, and there won't be a fair trial of each of the kings mistakes, but certain things that go over the line will be sanctioned. Examples: long time inactivity and ignorance towards his land, abusive and unjustified jailing, bad language or verbal abuse in public places, repeated corruption that goes beyonf kings role, actions that ended up to affect his land in a bad way, abuses against rebels, etc

More details about this will be on the rules pages of each land. Questions will be answered on the forum.

What reason do you have for claiming this authority?

Why does Golemus need a King?

What can a King provide for Golemus that a Triumvirate will not?

Will citizens of Golemus notice any difference?

How are you going to ensure that citizens of Golemus don't rebel?

Edited by Rophs

Just because other members of triumvirate decided to step down from their position why does that mean that somebody else can't run for their position? Instead you immediately declare the end of triumvirate and beginning of singular kingship? Shouldn't there first be a land voting to see if people with this kind of power restructuring? It's like if chief justice and president resign and prime minister decides to grab their power for himself. I don't think that their resignation gives you the power to restructure the power system of the land, normally new elactions for THEIR positions should be run first, this makes no sense to me.

Previous to this claiming there was the question raised as to if people wished the leadership to continue as a 3 or a 1. Everyone that replied felt that a singular king would be best, this thread has been open since December for comments differing from those there.

In terms of why can I claim it, as I stated in the initial post, it is because I was already in the leadership position.

Every land needs a leader, and our land cannot support 3 leaders.

Citizens are unlikely to notice any difference as I currently handle all leadership matters anyway due to Dan disappearing early on, and Alyon's self stated inactivity.

Actions I take representing the land I feel are in it's best interests, if the citizens disagree with that and wish to rebel, I would hope they spoke to me first, but would also suggest that they run against me.

To repeat myself at the start, it is not I who have declared the triumvirate end, the citizens have done, all I have done is announce it and assume the position until a time when an election occurs. Elections cannot occur without candidates competing, for which I have stated there is no deadline in putting themselves forward for.

People from other lands cannot challenge the position for the very virtue that they are from another land.

Rophs, you however are more than welcome to put yourself forward against me. Two weeks begins from today for any other citizens to put forward their candidacy prior to a vote occurring.

In the interest of openess, I would ask why, when you have had access to our private forum since at least 22nd March, you didn't comment regarding my thread which was made on the 19th with pretty much the same content as in the initial post here? There's also that discussion regarding moving from 3 leaders to a single king in our area as well which you seem to have overlooked.

In the interest of openess, I would ask why, when you have had access to our private forum since at least 22nd March, you didn't comment regarding my thread which was made on the 19th with pretty much the same content as in the initial post here? There's also that discussion regarding moving from 3 leaders to a single king in our area as well which you seem to have overlooked.

I'll be sure to read those posts ASAP.

People from other lands cannot challenge the position for the very virtue that they are from another land.

Where does it say that people from other lands cannot take part in such a "contest"?  Could you point me the ANN or the rules that says that?

I remember that at the beginning, anyone was allowed to run for King/Queen regardless of their land.When has that changes?

Where does it say that people from other lands cannot take part in such a "contest"?  Could you point me the ANN or the rules that says that?

I remember that at the beginning, anyone was allowed to run for King/Queen regardless of their land.When has that changes?

Anybody may partake in the competition for Kingship of LotE.

• 2 weeks later...