Concerning group convo's

DARK DEMON

In a forum conversation containing multiple people, if a person has blocked another and both are in the same conversation, then the person blocked cannot reply in the conversation at all.

This is clearly unintended, and can cause big problems in quest/work related group conversations, since a participant is unable to post anything at all due to being blocked by another participant. Hence I feel I should report it.

• Root Admin

Resolve it by making friends in the group so the person unblock you or report it via the official bug reporting IPB bug reports as you wish :)
Also it's not nesscary a bug as it stops the person blocked talking with the one who has blocked them. So I would say it's working fine.

But its -unintended- because it doesn't allow you to participate in the group conversation with the other people in the group as well.

Resolve it by making friends in the group so the person unblock you

No thanks, it should actually be me who should block that person, I really don't know why I haven't done so yet, but this is the situation so far, that I stated.

I am not familiar with "IBP bugtracker" (never heard about it ever :P) so if someone could help me regarding that matter, I'd very much appreciate it.

Edited by DARK DEMON

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/

That! Register, follow their procedure by checking if it's already reported or if it's reported but they said it should work that way... bla bla bla. :D If it's not posted, post, detail it, argument it, so on. Don't forget to bug Chew for MD's forum version number!

• Root Admin

But its -unintended- because it doesn't allow you to participate in the group conversation with the other people in the group as well.

Not really, You dont know what the plan is with the blocking of PM's. Personally I think that stopping you interacting with the person that has blocked you is the best and only way to properly do it. Hence stopping you talking in group conversations including them, stops you abusing them or for whatever reason they blocked you.

Oh thanks :blink:

*pokes Chewy* :D

IP.Board 3.4.6

Link the report if you make one, or link the reasons why it works like it does.

• 1 month later...