Questmaker spells/achievement?

DARK DEMON

Okay, I suppose it wouldn't be that great an idea to solely rely on voting (*cough* don't want this to be a popularity contest achievement *cough*) :P

So how about, taken from what Sunfire said, that the Questmaker Rewarders can use the quest feedback form votes to get the general opinion, and use that to help decide whether or not to count a quest for the achievement?

However, first what needs to be known is: Are the Questmaker Rewarders still functioning, and I'm asking Burns publicly now, would they be willing to do this if it would get implemented?

Maybe some sort of scoring system can be created. Something like "if you get X points, you get the achievement". Each quest would get you a certain number of points, based on community voting AND what Questmaker Rewarders think. It may take you 3 quests to reach those X points, or it may take you 10. What do people think about this? :) (again, if it is agreed with, only then can we think further as to what the scoring system will be).

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

However, first what needs to be known is: Are the Questmaker Rewarders still functioning, and I'm asking Burns publicly now, would they be willing to do this if it would get implemented?

QMR are dead, I havent spoken to any of them recently about it, no one wanted to have their quests rated so its pointless.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

Well since now quest voting is back... how about it?

The same issue as before. No one wanted to get their quests rated. The only times the rating system has been used has been when we have requested it to be used.

• Root Admin

Won't the presence of this achievement be a very good reason for quest-makers to have their quests rated?

The presence of large quantities of rewards was apparently not a good reason to get them rated. So I am unsure as to why an achievement would be.

Well, lets ask people generally here: how many would be interested/fueled/motivated to make quests if this achievement were present? I am not saying that people speak up and say "I don't make quests for achievements/rewards" and stuff. I'm simply asking whether people think such an achievement would be one of the reasons to motivate people.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Whilst the whole feedback thing is a great idea, it also comes across like being at work and being assessed. Do I want to spend my time making a quest so I can get marked by players? No, not really. Frankly it puts me off.

Would an achievement help motivate me? Maybe a little bit, but not a lot. I'd be more encouraged to do it if there was a system in place with tiers.

Z