Questmaker spells/achievement?

DARK DEMON

Why not have an achievement designated to be given to players who have made X number of quests, or even have a few spells (useful in quests) which would be given to whoever earns the achievement? :D

Some exist, some may be coded (if people agree), eg:

1) bringin

2) makejumplink

3) ...

This would be a good incentive for people to make good quests.

think bringin was just an example, can be anything else instead. I like the idea in general though.

Allow me to doubt it since he started a list.

And I never said anything against the general idea. I just said "bringin" is not a suitable spell imo.

The suggestion was mainly of the achievement, the extra spells were just something I thought to be a useful bonus (like when you become LHO).

I suggested two examples just for the sake of it, because I thought those 2 spells would be useful in a quest, and would have liked people to suggest more.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Cleaned up and split, see http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15861-how-to-make-a-quest/

It seems to me that you talk about admin-powers. Of course it makes questing simpler when you have admin-stuff to use as you like, but you can always go to the people who have those things and make them set up stuff.

It's like a chain: Newbies have nothing but ideas, and when they want extra promotion, they find somebody with a q-doc. When somebody with a q-doc needs a clicky for a quest, they find a clicky-writer. If people with clickies need a portal for their quest, they go to people who can make thier portals. You can progress upwards in the chain to a certain point, and you can make an argument that it's time for the portal part of the chain to become more available (as q-docs and clickies did over time), but i don't think that time is now.

Okay, thanks Burns, that greatly changed my perception of things, and I now see that keeping people like that separate promotes interaction too.

I guess the spells part of it can be omitted, but I still think an achievement to mark quest makers would be good :)

Considering Dst's questions .... so many.

So, there would be ways to help you there and they already exist in MD (or they did).

There was a page where you could vote for quests. I don't know where the result of that page is or if it is stored somewhere but : you can make in your own list of quests with links to those notes much like

- Nim's quest page

- or Chewett's page but with quests

- or even like Eon's list of links

and so many others.

Also, every year there is an achievement : "Quester Quest Creator of the Year".

Is there any other type of achievement you'd like ? If so ... please answer to Dst's questions.

Edit: thank you Dst for pointing the mistake

Edited by No one

That is a medal if I recall correctly, not an achievement like the 1 year active days, 2 year active days, Full Glow, etc. Quest creator of the Year has nothing to do with the number of quests

Yes, it's a good idea. But since you proposed it, give more details. How will it be awarded? When? What are the criteria? Etc etc.

I propose the achievement to be unlockable either where the MDA achievements are, or where the East achievements are (I will not post the exact names of scenes here since its a spoiler). It can be called "Questmaker", and would be able to be "checked" aka achieved when a person has made 7 quests (with at least "average"/"good" overall rating in quest feedback form? :P). 

I'd also suggest here that the "counting" of quests can be done by linking it with quest feedback forms (each feedback form would count as a quest in the achievement). I am not sure if that would create mess-ups, so I hope other people give input to this too :)

Edited by DARK DEMON

If the current suggestion is gone ahead with, then the ones before cannot be counted of course :(

But then again, my intention was to promote more quests, so it doesn't matter how many quests you've made in the past, you'd still make more to get that achievement (if you're after the achievement of course, and not making quests for fun) :D

Edited by DARK DEMON

Nope :) I said here:

That is a medal if I recall correctly, not an achievement like the 1 year active days, 2 year active days, Full Glow, etc. Quest creator of the Year has nothing to do with the number of quests

I propose the achievement to be unlockable either where the MDA achievements are, or where the East achievements are (I will not post the exact names of scenes here since its a spoiler). It can be called "Questmaker", and would be able to be "checked" aka achieved when a person has made 7 quests (with at least "average"/"good" overall rating in quest feedback form? :P)

I'd also suggest here that the "counting" of quests can be done by linking it with quest feedback forms (each feedback form would count as a quest in the achievement). I am not sure if that would create mess-ups, so I hope other people give input to this too :)

I'm not entirely sure whether average or good would be more suitable.

Edited by DARK DEMON

I tried to limit the coding required by linking it with current systems, but you've pointed out many walk-arounds to it and I see it can cause issues.

I'll need time to think about other options, so gimme a day or two.

In the meantime I request again that people suggest alternative ways to judge achievement-count-worthy quests :)

Ann. 2790 - [2013-09-26 10:44:36 - Stage 12] - Permalink - Posted By Chewett 

Questmaker Rewarders
A group dedicated to rewarding the people who create quests has been formed, the Questmaker Rewarders. Their members have decided to keep their names secret, so they can still participate in quests without getting any sort of special treatment.

They have decided to reveal one of the group as public face so questmakers can get in touch with them, that person is *Burns*.

The Questmaker Rewarders cooperate with the TKs and have a wide range of rewards, including very big and unique things, so get to work and create some quests for MD!

perhaps they can also give these out

(if this group still exists and functions)

Edited by Sunfire

What if the amount of players participating is low like 2-3-4 (for example drawing contests usually have low attendance due to the very nature of them). Also, how can you prevent cheating? I mean, I can always ask friends to give me a good mark just so I can get the achievement.

It's tricky. On one hand, you could say the quality of a quest is greatly affected by the number of people it draws to it. On the other hand, some quests are genuinely good, but they require skills which most players don't have. I can't really see a way around this.

As for asking friends, I'd like to believe I can trust the community to do the right thing. Forgive me for being a bit of an idealist. :P

Well...i've seen so many cheats during quests (I cheated also my share but at least I had the decency to at least inform the quest creator HOW I did it in order for them to fix it next time) that I am anything but an idealist.

And this time I am genuinely interested in the answers because we have always tried to rate quests but we cannot do it objectively. So maybe dd had something in his mind :D (sometimes ideas come from the person you least expect). Or maybe other players... You never know from where the next rabbit will jump.

Oh, btw...I  wanted to rate quests (and maybe give anonymous feedback) using the Quest Voting option, but it seems thats a work in progress? 

I think that such votes (+feedback) would help questmakers get that achievement DD was talking about. 

(I like the idea of an achievement for creating quests)