New Role Idea - Warrant Officer

Grido

that there are more players with resurrect items, then those with kill items

I would definitely like to see where you're getting that info from.. I'm not saying you're wrong, admittedly I don't know the current situation, but when I got my revival tool it was agreed to have half the regen time of kill items, as there were half as many of them as the kill tools, so as to even it out..

To have choices of people for the role, we either have to have volunteers or suggestions of people first. Is there any suggestions on what repercussions the Warrant Officer should deal out?

I would definitely like to see where you're getting that info from.. I'm not saying you're wrong, admittedly I don't know the current situation, but when I got my revival tool it was agreed to have half the regen time of kill items, as there were half as many of them as the kill tools, so as to even it out..

To have choices of people for the role, we either have to have volunteers or suggestions of people first. Is there any suggestions on what repercussions the Warrant Officer should deal out?

Let's see: you, SS, No one, Eon, Nimmy, Valdore Nal - all with permanent resurrection items + few one time resurrection one (mya has one as well as Azull). And there might be one but I cannot remember right now. = 6 PERMANENT ones.

Killing items: me, ivorak, lashtal, 2 for caretakers =5

Edited by dst

I think Jail could be an option, though I have a feeling it will be awfully controversial and perhaps it's for the best this is not applied.

Other than that, there could be a prolonged attack restriction (24h attacklock let's say). Prolonged movelock. Prolonged slow (if the idea suggested a few weeks ago on the forums caught on). Putting the player in an illusion that restricts them in a way or another.

Also, I think it would be interesting to be able to "knock" a player to a different mindpower for a limited time, restricting the players they can fight with and (I think?) the creatures they can use.

That's what I can give off the top of my head.

I think Jail could be an option, though I have a feeling it will be awfully controversial and perhaps it's for the best this is not applied.

Other than that, there could be a prolonged attack restriction (24h attacklock let's say). Prolonged movelock. Prolonged slow (if the idea suggested a few weeks ago on the forums caught on). Putting the player in an illusion that restricts them in a way or another.

Also, I think it would be interesting to be able to "knock" a player to a different mindpower for a limited time, restricting the players they can fight with and (I think?) the creatures they can use.

That's what I can give off the top of my head.

:D is that a social solution ? jailing ? why not ban ? it is just next on the list

Hey, I have an idea, why not kill them back ? Yea, create like 5-10 more killing items ? wouldn't that be fun ? (sorry, indeed it is sarcasm in there but the question is still valid)

I did say "perhaps it's best jail is not applied" and tried to come with some alternative solutions. As I said in my post, that really was what I could think of at the moment. I'm trying to give alternatives to jail, killing, etc. I hope someone can come up with ideas better than mine. 

I don't care for jail. I don't mind it being applied or not, but I am aware it would be controversial and since I am neutral towards it, I thought alternative solutions could be in applied.

And IMO jail IS a social solution to crime. That's why we don't execute people anymore and instead jail them and/or try to rehabilitate them. Applies IRL and could apply to an extent in MD. But see above: I'm neutral towards it. 

Edited by Aeoshattr

I've read this and while I do not know the means of how killing or revive works (though I'm glad to know that you can indeed come back even if it's at the cost of having other people do so for you). I overall like the idea.

Based on what I have come to understand about this game, it should be within reason to set up a wooden cube box (or something similar) where you get a bit of a story to do, a story mode where you can't access the quest and can't move within the world. Once they have gotten so far, they could then have to gather say resources, wood, water, heat, whatever. From what I seen this shouldn't be to hard to code into the game (as there are spots where you 'put' things into from what I can see) and there is apparently ways to harvest/gather resources. The fact they wouldn't be able to activate any other story based quests (I am not sure how the player made quests vs the main story quests apply so please forgive me if I am mistaken in this idea). The community (or apparently citizens) of that land, can do a little notice somewhere, that can be updated with 'who not to do business with' until they have paid their debt. They could yes still do business elsewhere (unless there an over all agreement with the leaders of each land).

It would still make them really think about how to get away with murdering someone (stuck in a story mode, resources lost to get off 'probation'), give some sort of justice, and still allow the player of the character something to do and allow them to still in the long run be with the community itself. Finding ways to make trades with others in secret, or having to travel out elsewhere to make those trades, swaying people even by offering more if needed... ect. It would add in the very least a very interesting layer to the game.