New shop branch

Ungod

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These days I'm only shuffling avis, so it seems to me another shop branch that doesn't deal with fighting is needed...

to cut to the chase, I propose a new shop branch that deals with research and here are a few items that could work, in my opinion:

- research clues, organized in packs of 20; it makes more sense to put them in shop and just buy them whenever you see another research clue ( i have spent 2 WP to get 20 of them and having 10 default ones, I have a total of 30; discovered clues? 18 so far and unless i get to angiens shrine, i will not unlock level 3 clues)

-colorless joker could be put in here (since most branches have creatures)

-new research panel, with beautiful artwork (maybe a book of lore), as item

-latest research additions as a feature that updates itself, showing not only coords, but also name of the scene :)

-Mur's telephone number so you can acces directly the "well of knowledge" (okay, I couldn't resist putting this one here, but NO; or maybe...no, no)

-story mode as a buyable item :)  (when you buy it, the ghost of Marind appears at paper cabin and you start the adventure - creepy)

-a "bestiary" of sorts, which fills up as you recruit creatures and upgrade them (it would contain only the descriptions of creatures, no artwork, and when a number of maxed creatures upgrades, you get some secret notes, written by Mur, about a creature)

Stuff like that.

I strongly say "no".

Those are all things you obtain with wishpoints. The things you can only earn, the hard way. Making them "pay-to-get" is just wrong imo.

Other items you mention, like "Book of Lore"/research panel... I see this identical to K-docs. These are just easy-way-around things for those who have money and will greatly undervalue not only the only thing that you can't pay for (aka wishpoints) but also the value of research. Most of it is not supposed to be "common". I doubt any person at all in MD would "sell" a thing as research.

Edited by DARK DEMON

I don't think anything that requires WP should be out for sale. Buying stuff to help fighting is ok. Buying stuff to unlock secrets? Not so much.

I think research and exploration is one of the integral part of the game. People should put effort into it (that includes keeping track of things your self).

You can always make these things your self, like the bestiary. Just copy all the text from every level of every creature into a word doc.

Ideas for new things for shop

-Reset on Principles (some peoples roles develop differently that what they had in mind when chosing the principles. And maybe limit it to one purchase even if the shop is reset)

-mystery boxes that affects change based off of strongest principle or combination of principles. (temporarily increasing one of the stats...including stats that deal with harvesting)

Though if some tags are based off of the resource stats there may a limit on the tags to not include the temporary increases in stats.

-Hmm... might come up with more later when I wake up some.

the only thing I'd like to comment on is the idea that wishpoint stuff shouldnt be put for sale, which is, in essence, correct. thing is, some stuff changed since the wpshop appeared and change should affect it as well. furthermore, i do not wish research to be sold, but rather research tools (i think that the idea with the "bestiary" wasn't that good:)) ). research tools that, sadly, don't go too far from a few features and stuff (maybe some creative guy can add cool tools).

anyway, add a new branch for those who don't train/fight!!

Ideas for new things for shop

-Reset on Principles (some peoples roles develop differently that what they had in mind when chosing the principles. And maybe limit it to one purchase even if the shop is reset)

-mystery boxes that affects change based off of strongest principle or combination of principles. (temporarily increasing one of the stats...including stats that deal with harvesting)

Though if some tags are based off of the resource stats there may a limit on the tags to not include the temporary increases in stats.

-Hmm... might come up with more later when I wake up some.

If a reset principles thing was put in, I'd lean more towards it going into Wish Shop, rather than paid, just feel it would fit better there.

I quite like the idea of mystery boxes, I wouldn't have them based on principles though, I'd have them fairly random, like some of the Christmas presents are - sometimes you get something awesome, sometimes something you feel is no value to you. Pot luck.

Maybe different stacks of boxes that provide for different areas? Like one stack that gives principle amounts, another for stats, a third for temp AP, etc?

Maybe a new shop tab full of useless items like tomatoes to throw at people or rotten fruit, odd items that we can use that have little to no real value other than mild amusement... I have over 500 credits with nothing to spend them on...

• Root Admin

Maybe a new shop tab full of useless items like tomatoes to throw at people or rotten fruit, odd items that we can use that have little to no real value other than mild amusement... I have over 500 credits with nothing to spend them on...

Sounds fun.

Although seriously, While only an idea atm, having a "utility" shop full of items that are useful such as removing tokens, etc, will probably be implemented over the coming weeks.