Wishpoint shop changes

Sasha Lilias

I, personally, think the wishpoint shop is rather outdated and needs a clean and "sprucing" up.

All items decrease in value the more common they become. In this case basic spells such as attack lock and move lock should be HIGHLY devalued by now. You only have to have something like 40 active days to be able to purchase them for crying out loud.

I'd suggest a branch that focuses on skills, be it fighting or magic. Items could be:

• The first 4 casts of a basic spell - Movelock and Attacklock for example.
  • Temporary items that increase the new gathering skills by x% for x amount of time. 
  • Spell boosts - Increase in duration, power or even amount by x%

The possibilities are endless.

Also, before anyone goes and says "but this will just ruin the system and over power everything!" you could quite easily say the same about items such as the shield or the sword, no? It's all about planning and moderation. Just like in other branches, place 20-50 of the temporaries before you get to the crème de la crème of that part of the shop.

Not all characters are fighters...I'd say upgrades on spells (both in shop and in wishpoint terms) and the role playing system are needed. Even the game name dictates "Magic" and "Fighting" as the main areas...

~Sasha

Edited by Sasha Lilias

• Root Admin

I, personally, think the wishpoint shop is rather outdated and needs a clean and "sprucing" up.

What? This whole topic is about the MD shop, and you mention wish shop?

Where do branches fit into the concept of some Wish items need to be purchased to get other items? You know there is a very important point of making you purchase the more common items?

Also, the branches in MD shop let you view more different items, how would branches in WP shop work?

I dont think you have got the concept of the WP shop... and if you want to talk about it make a new topic :) Edited by Chewett

What? This whole topic is about the MD shop, and you mention wish shop?

Where do branches fit into the concept of some Wish items need to be purchased to get other items?

I dont think you have got the concept of the WP shop... and if you want to talk about it make a new topic :)

I think you're missing my point.

Others had mentioned not having wish point shop items moved to the credits shop. I'm stating my opinion that some should be, as their value has decreased ten fold. It also led onto the thought that the credits branch could be more involved in skills, including spells.

I'd suggest a branch that focuses on skills, be it fighting or magic. Items could be:

• The first 4 casts of a basic spell - Movelock and Attacklock for example.
  • Temporary items that increase the new gathering skills by x% for x amount of time. 
  • Spell boosts - Increase in duration, power or even amount by x%

• Root Admin

I think you're missing my point.

Others had mentioned not having wish point shop items moved to the credits shop. I'm stating my opinion that some should be, as their value has decreased ten fold. It also led onto the thought that the credits branch could be more involved in skills, including spells.

What would you do for those who have bought it with a WP? Refund them?

You will just create a new level of "common" WP items. And then, do it again?

There is importance of having to spend WP's to get access to the rarer ones. Its an interesting way of "limiting" access to more powerful ones.

What would you do for those who have bought it with a WP? Refund them?

You will just create a new level of "common" WP items. And then, do it again?

There is importance of having to spend WP's to get access to the rarer ones. Its an interesting way of "limiting" access to more powerful ones.

Why refund? I bought a TV a few weeks ago but now it's discounted. Do I walk in demanding for the excess to be paid back to me?

Or perhaps make it harder to either a) get wishpoints or b) to get the specific wish, perhaps raise the amount of wish points required to unlock it?

You're looking at the old magic duel, comparing it with now and saying "We can't do this because of this and that" when you are quite capable of looking at it yourself and coming up with solutions to the technicalities and difficulties of implementing something new.

I'm not suggesting making anything free, or easier to get, I'm suggesting you mix it up a little. Things tend to become dull and boring after a while, which may be one of the reasons MD is nowhere near as populous as it once was...

OR

You could simply finish one task before undertaking another, but that's another topic altogether...

• Root Admin

Why refund? I bought a TV a few weeks ago but now it's discounted. Do I walk in demanding for the excess to be paid back to me?

Some things should be fair, others shouldnt. How would you feel if won a hard quest, purchased it, and then a while later it was made free.

The official viewpoint, if we were going to move these things to the credits shop, we will refund people. End of discussion here.

Or perhaps make it harder to either a) get wishpoints or b) to get the specific wish, perhaps raise the amount of wish points required to unlock it?

You're looking at the old magic duel, comparing it with now and saying "We can't do this because of this and that" when you are quite capable of looking at it yourself and coming up with solutions to the technicalities and difficulties of implementing something new.

Since you haven't been around lately, I will excuse you. The "old" MagicDuel is to make WP's insanely hard to get. The "new" MagicDuel is actually making them much easier to get. This is because there will be more of them added over time. Over the past years we have added 5+(maybe? I cant count all of them) WP's that are given freely with age. We are still looking to make them easier to collect atm. We have publicly said this a number of times FYI.

You could simply finish one task before undertaking another, but that's another topic altogether...

What? Iv no clue what you are talking about here since I didnt even know you were active Sasha. Entertain me, What is it you are even referring to?

"Some things should be fair, others shouldnt. How would you feel if won a hard quest, purchased it, and then a while later it was made free."

"Since you haven't been around lately, I will excuse you. The "old" MagicDuel is to make WP's insanely hard to get. The "new" MagicDuel is actually making them much easier to get. This is because there will be more of them added over time. Over the past years we have added 5+(maybe? I cant count all of them) WP's that are given freely with age. We are still looking to make them easier to collect atm. We have publicly said this a number of times FYI."

So players that received their WP's through hard work should get a refund then, or some sort of compensation? Because you're basically doing exactly what you said here

How would you feel if won a hard quest, purchased it, and then a while later it was made free

What? Iv no clue what you are talking about here since I didnt even know you were active Sasha. Entertain me, What is it you are even referring to?

Really? The fact that things such as Story mode are still "under construction" and have been for years is one thing. Also the fact there are dozens of new ideas and tests going on before even one of them has been fully implemented! It's always been the same.

Anyway, this is going completely of topic.

As I said, in my opinion, some WP rewards have lost value and perhaps should be considered being put deep into a new branch. Whether you do it or not? Not my problem.

End of.

• Root Admin

Really? The fact that things such as Story mode are still "under construction" and have been for years is one thing.

A25 is designed to remove story mode, Please read announcements. Story mode will be removed and then later replaced into the game. 

Topic has derailed, but I must say that Sasha has a point in WP shop being somewhat "devalued".

For example colorless joker. It's the biggest joke of WP shop. Pay WP for a creature that's worth 1sc. It's weaker than MDshop version, and random_damage ability is broken in current combat environment. There are some other stuff that are in there which aren't worth spending WP.