Access to Oak Tower Interior

Myth

Once again, not really a bug. This option is described as follows:

"Permanent access to the Oak Tower in Loreroot including its upper level. A remote place good for meetings but also a place containing interesting items."

I was quite surprised to find no items in there. Perhaps a rewording to better express what you can find in there? (at least until items do get added, in case something of this sort is scheduled)

[hr]

On a buggy side, I believe I've recently been refunded a WP from Berserker's Charge Access option, while my access there is still available. I am at fault here for spending it, but I'm getting another WP shortly from 1 year of activity, and I think it's only fair that it should be taken away.

Edit: the option to get access to Berserker's Charge reappeared in my Wish Shop - this is why I suspected the WP refund came from there, after which I asked around for confirmation.

Edited by Myth

On a buggy side, I believe I've recently been refunded a WP from Berserker's Charge Access option, while my access there is still available. I am at fault here for spending it, but I'm getting another WP shortly from 1 year of activity, and I think it's only fair that it should be taken away.

Edit: the option to get access to Berserker's Charge reappeared in my Wish Shop - this is why I suspected the WP refund came from there, after which I asked around for confirmation.

Be glad, it was announced and not a bug- been months though. (Nobody remembered that?)

But here's the thing... my account (Asthir) didn't exist when that announcement was made. :P

Here's the thing: you cannot use that as an excuse. Ignorance is sometimes bliss but in this case it just turned around and bit you.

IDK, I feel as if this is deviating. I think Myth has a point... more specifically the part with the Oak Tower containing "interesting items". I don't find anything interesting about the items inside, they're just a bunch of clickables (sure, some might contain some "leftover" lore from people that once had access to it, but it's nothing that feels truly relevant in MD at the moment).

I think the description might be better off without that last part about "interesting items" or have that simply changed to "clickable items".

Edited by Aeoshattr

Here's the thing: you cannot use that as an excuse. Ignorance is sometimes bliss but in this case it just turned around and bit you.

I'm not sure I follow. If it's something which was fixed before my account even existed, why did it happen? That part (the announcement I believe SS was referring to to and what I replied for) was in regard to the returned WP for Access to Berserker's Charge, not about spending one and not finding "interesting items", so I'm not sure how it bit me. :P

For all intent and purposes, that WP should have been deducted from my account when I got access to Berserker's Charge, which didn't happen. The announcement was made before Asthir existed. That isn't an excuse, but something I can't understand - if the ann. says that people are being given the option to purchase that access again, why can I purchase the action "again", if I did it after the ann. was made, considering I didn't exist when it was announced?

Edit:

I made a recount of gained / spent WPs. 4 gained, 4 spent. The 10 research points we get by default placed me in error, making me think I had spent 5 WPs. So my WP did not get refunded unjustly, however an issue still remains. Spending WPs is supposed to allow one to dig deeper into the Wish Shop. Because the option to acquire said access remains there, the "dig" is sort of hindered.

Edited by Myth

• Root Admin

There is some issue with keys being given to people randomly, This started to occur on Murs account via fighting and he apparently fixed this but there is still some bug where keys are transferred... Its an ongoing issue.

• 1 month later...

Posting to clarify the Berserker issue:

Spent WP - got access - option remains in the Wish Shop

Problem: option should have disappeared, making room for something deeper in the shop.

(should this be in a separate topic?)