Grasan Ferment not stacking properly when Constipated Grasan not harvested daily.

Rophs

I let my Constipated Grasan ferment for two days and then harvested expecting two separate usable ferments, instead I got this

K9JB1gx.png

I thought it was weird so I used it and then I got this

7MhqiWb.png

[log Potential steps to reproduce occurrence]

1. Acquire 2 Wiiya
  2. Acquire 1 Constipated Grasan
  3. Wait for 2 Days
  4. Harvest Grasan Ferment from Constipated Grasan

[/log]

• Root Admin

Because you're supposed to collect every time the resource is ready. Not let it stack and then one day when you remember about it you go and ta da! Tons of resources.

Got any references? If im going to fix it I need to know what its meant to do. I wasnt aware anyone specified how things were meant to work.

If its meant to allow collecting after a period of time, it shouldnt do what rophs is showing. If its not meant to allow collecting many after a period of time then it should only give one.

Personally, I think it is meant to allow you to wait, use lots, then collect many, because thats what the elu does, and its the same system, but am welcome to be proven wrong by announcements or some Murpost I havent seen. Thanks :)

There is no reference on how the grassans should work.

There is for elu but I can tell you that elu doesn't do what it says it should do.

Also there is nothing saying the grassans should work the same way as elus.

LE: also grassans only need 1 resource as far as I remember while elus need 3.

Edited by dst

• Root Admin

There is no reference on how the grassans should work.
There is for elu but I can tell you that elu doesn't do what it says it should do.
Also there is nothing saying the grassans should work the same way as elus.

LE: also grassans only need 1 resource as far as I remember while elus need 3.

Ok thanks :)

• 3 months later...

This bug only affects constipated grasans. Requesting thread name change to "Grasan Ferment not stacking properly when Constipated Grasan not harvested daily."

see

The Grasan Ferment after a few days is stacking up like a resource, probably because every other creature harvestable item is a resource and it's borrowing code

Fat, Skin, Toxic Gas seem to work as intended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

If you collect it, it should stack. I need to review how this works but its likely that it doesnt use the new functions.

I will decide on how collecting items from creatures should work, it will potentially stack but also potentially degrade too.

Perhaps it will increase at a logarithmic rate (aka slower the more it has stored).