An act of Kindness - Voting

Sasha Lilias

Voting  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please read here for the nominations.

When voting you do not have to go by the nomination entries. If you feel that one of the nominees has shown kindness and compassion to you, or to others, in anyway, then feel free to vote for that person.

Voting will end one week from today.

30/01/2015

Good luck and fortune to the nominees.

~Sasha Lilias, Ghost of Fortune

14b.gif

Edited by Sasha Lilias

What if none of the listed fit the description ?

What if more then one of them deserve my vote ?

As I see, this is your list of favorites as I cannot add other players to the list.

So, is there a point for this pool ?

Is it a PR thing or you just need help to make up your mind ?

Edited by No one

Now let me get into the list a bit:

- EE ... is / wants to be an MP6, it is his role to do acts of kindness

- *Grido* & *Sunfire* (sorry), are LHOs, they have the kindness as a requirement for their job

These 3, you want to make votes, should be in different cathegories.

Then .. if you included the above ... then why did you skipped Mur, Chewett, HC, OC, old RPCs, new RPCs ... about almost all of MD players?

Edit:

And as special addition : why did you skipped Fang (lol, I do PR for Fang).

Edited by No one

Now let me get into the list a bit:

- EE ... is / wants to be an MP6, it is his role to do acts of kindness

- *Grido* & *Sunfire* (sorry), are LHOs, they have the kindness as a requirement for their job

These 3, you want to make votes, should be in different cathegories.

Then .. if you included the above ... then why did you skipped Mur, Chewett, HC, OC, old RPCs, new RPCs ... about almost all of MD players?

Edit:

And as special addition : why did you skipped Fang (lol, I do PR for Fang).

Perhaps before you get into the list you should read this?

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/16044-an-act-of-kindness/

Which, may I point out, I have already linked in the first post.

I have given people three weeks to nominate. If you didn't nominate someone then that's because you were too slow or didn't even look at the first topic (the latter being my guess...)

As for your comments on MP6 and and LHO needing to be kind:

1. Perhaps a very basic form of being kind but nowhere in the LHO or MP6 rules does it say anything like "You must give away your items and creatures for free."

2. They were not nominated for being LHO. In fact my post clearly states

a.

I was.

This should not be considered anything to do with the fact he is an *LHO*, that is a separately awarded subject, this is purely due to his selflessness. Therefore I nominate him for: Selflessness beyond compare

b.

Every three months I shall hold a "Reward" ceremony for those that have shone in an area of kindness. This area could be by being an outstanding LHO, even simply by giving items, creatures or time and effort away for free. This will be the community's voice to vote for the one they believe to be a true beacon of kindness and selflessness. 

If people wish to vote for him then they may. I have never said, though, that LHO's or MP6 are unable to be nominated. If people choose to nominate and then vote for them, that is their decision.

Finally, this is a vote for one winner, not several. Voting for one only forces you to decide based upon what you have seen or you can choose to abstain from the vote entirely if you feel the need to.

You should remember that this is going to happen every three months. Not from treasury funds, or sponsors...but my from my own pocket. I do not have to do this but I choose to. If I wanted to I could just do as I wish and and give to whoever I please. Instead doing that, however, I'm giving people a chance to air their own opinions and give me direction.

Next time, read the topic and perhaps place a vote.

Indeed, this is clear that are hinting to another topic and for this I apologize.

Perhaps before you get into the list you should read this?

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/16044-an-act-of-kindness/

Which, may I point out, I have already linked in the first post.

Next time you should consider the impact of your text formatting in terms of utility. I've simply seen that line as a title in you "beatified" post. Anyway, that is my mistake.

Next time, read the topic and perhaps place a vote.

Perhaps you can make it visible ... and not hide it.

As for your reply :

1. Perhaps a very basic form of being kind but nowhere in the LHO or MP6 rules does it say anything like "You must give away your items and creatures for free."

2. They were not nominated for being LHO. In fact my post clearly states

If people wish to vote for him then they may. I have never said, though, that LHO's or MP6 are unable to be nominated. If people choose to nominate and then vote for them, that is their decision.

I disagree with these in so many ways, but as I don't care about your pool, I will refrain from responding.

Again, sorry (not really) for not searching for links.

My nominations didn't count? Yes, I nominated a lot of people. Would you rather me try to condense them into one person? That's impossible.

This. Though No one might not have meant it that way, it is true. Most MD players have been kind in some way. And yes, actually taking the time to listen and talk to someone is an act of kindness, especially in MD where often some people (newbies especially) are ignored. When I go past mp3s, or see them arrive in a scene, I admit that often I just don't feel that into talking to them. Though if they talk, I do tend to say something.

But yes, voting for multiple people is a must.

My nominations didn't count? Yes, I nominated a lot of people. Would you rather me try to condense them into one person? That's impossible.

This. Though No one might not have meant it that way, it is true. Most MD players have been kind in some way. And yes, actually taking the time to listen and talk to someone is an act of kindness, especially in MD where often some people (newbies especially) are ignored. When I go past mp3s, or see them arrive in a scene, I admit that often I just don't feel that into talking to them. Though if they talk, I do tend to say something.

But yes, voting for multiple people is a must.

You gave an indefinite list of players. Am I meant to add every single one? As No one points out (for a different reason) I may as well add every player I can think of?

Every three months I shall hold a "Reward" ceremony for those that have shone in an area of kindness. This area could be by being an outstanding LHO, even simply by giving items, creatures or time and effort away for free. This will be the community's voice to vote for the one they believe to be a true beacon of kindness and selflessness.

Listening to someone talk isn't necessarily a "shining example"  of kindness. It's general manners. Perhaps expand on this next time like, how many times did they listen to you, the help they gave you, the time they spent doing so...etc, rather than just creating a random list of names that have listened to you and had a hand in helping you.

Next add a definite list of players and then I will add them. Then the public can decide if they vote for them or not.

Yes, because I totally write down how many times they've listened to me discuss my insecurities about some things--among other things.

AmberRune, JadenDew, Azull, Syrian, Kiley, Assira, Jester, Azkhael, Peace, lashtal, Rophs. I listed those in my nominations post.

I just also said for those who have also helped me to remind me, because I have a bad time remembering exact names. I'd also nominate ChildOfTheSoul and a couple others for other reasons, but nominations are closed.

Edit: And there's a reason why I didn't nominate everyone that I've talked to. Otherwise that list would include Eagle Eye, dst, No one, Fang Archbane, Maebius, Menhir, Marvolo, Awiiya, Rumi, Mur, Chewett, Burns, Grido, Falronn, laylah, etc., etc. Though I might have decided to nominate some of these people for other reasons, nominations are closed (I forgot about this).

I nominated the people who helped me significantly in some way by talking to me. Not just the people who said, 'Hello' and were polite. The list is mainly Necrovions because I've wanted to join Necrovion for a while now, so it just so happens that these are those who I have talked to a fair bit and discussed ways in which I can grow. 

Edited by Change