Trap Spells

Dragual

So, my idea is this. A spell that lingers in an area until either a target enters the scene or the spell expires. If the player enters the player enters the scene it acts as a normal spell, while if the the spell expires... Well, nothing happens. 

An example is that AmberRune and I are racing each other from the GOE to Howling Gates. We start, she gets ahead of me a few scenes and casts Movelock Trap on playername (Darth). I enter the scene she set the trap on, and am stuck there.

I'm okay with reducing the amount of time the spell actually holds me there for, to kind of balance it out with the other Movelock spell... But I believe you should still have four casts of the Spell. Alternatively, maybe it would share casts with the original spell. It's just a matter of how you use the spell. 

Very true. I've also made note in my wishlist for a spell to remove any spell effects on yourself, so that would go well with this, I think. 

What if the counter spell redirects the spell to the caster IF the caster is still in that scene/enters that scene before the spell expires? :)

Very true. I've also made note in my wishlist for a spell to remove any spell effects on yourself, so that would go well with this, I think. 

What if the counter spell redirects the spell to the caster IF the caster is still in that scene/enters that scene before the spell expires? :)

Even better. Locate will become a VERY popular spell in this case :D

The Counter Spell could work like this...

• I have been Movelocked, so I cast Counter <Words of magic> = Spell is removed.
  • AmberRune has been Movelocked(SilverTounge?) so I cast Counter on her <Words of Magic AmberRune> = Spell has been removed from her.
  • A move lock has been placed at the Howling Gates, waiting for me. I cast Counter on that scene <Words of Magic 1_0x-2_1> = Spell has been removed from that scene.