Black Egg

Dragual

As some people may have noticed, I've been working on a new item called a Black Egg. This is a consumable item that is used to blind a target. 

The functionality would be that you would be unable to see the scene, so instead get a blank scene with only an arrow facing towards you. Since you can't see where you are going, clicking the arrow would take you to any random, scene that is possible to get to from your current scene that you have access to. Since you cannot see anyone, ALL players become a ghost to you. 

To make it, you need a Bird Egg (Creature), 1-5 Sand, 1-5 Toxic Plants (Crushed), and possibly 1-3 Glass (Crushed). In addition, wax is required and something (Water) to clean it out. The wax is used to seal the Egg so that the content doesn't spill out. The crafting process is noted below.

Step 1. Drill a small hole in the bottom of the Egg, and a slightly larger hole in the top.

Step 2. Empty out the yolk and other content. (Water would be used to help the process).

Step 3. Slice off a small sliver of Wax and place it on the smaller hole, heating it to melt it. Cut off any extra wax.

Step 4. (Glass and Toxic Plants should be ground before hand) Funnel the Sand, Crushed Toxic Plant and Crushed Glass into the larger hole. 

Step 5. Repeat Step 2 with the larger hole to seal it.

It's been said that you should paint them black before hand, to avoid breaking the Egg prematurely. Possibly with Ink? 

A couple questions? What will the movement cost be? Are there certain places that it can or can not be used? Also I am not sure if MD has a sufficient randomness engine in order to do this (of course nothing is truly random)?

Edited by Kamisha

It could keep the movement cost of the scene you are moving to, in addition to some sort of algorithm/check list in the coding. So the game will check if you have enough AP to move to one scene along with access to that scene. So, let's say you're in a scene with six other scenes adjacent to it, two of which you can't enter, one of which, you don't have enough AP to enter. So it would randomly select one of the three remaining scenes for you to travel to, then reduce the cost based on which scene it selects. Of the limit of my coding knowledge THAT is something I don't THINK is to hard to do. 

Edited by Dragual

It's not hard to make an (quasi-whatever)RNG for 1-10 numbers, in fact, MD already has that and it's recalculated every hour. There's also already something that has all scenes and their neighbours. Seems easy enough from coding standpoint, except changing everyone else's name to ghost, as far as I know there's no effect that changes other people's names. I don't know enough to know whether it's easy or even possible.

If it rolls a scene you don't have enough AP for, it could give the usual "Insufficient AP" and it wouldn't help you know where you are incredibly well (unless you have high enough AP that you can tell), because you'd probably end up going back and forth and in loops all over the place anyways.

Nice/cute idea.

[spoiler]

As some people may have noticed, I've been working on a new item called a Black Egg. This is a consumable item that is used to blind a target. 

The functionality would be that you would be unable to see the scene, so instead get a blank scene with only an arrow facing towards you. Since you can't see where you are going, clicking the arrow would take you to any random, scene that is possible to get to from your current scene that you have access to. Since you cannot see anyone, ALL players become a ghost to you. 

To make it, you need a Bird Egg (Creature), 1-5 Sand, 1-5 Toxic Plants (Crushed), and possibly 1-3 Glass (Crushed). In addition, wax is required and something (Water) to clean it out. The wax is used to seal the Egg so that the content doesn't spill out. The crafting process is noted below.

Step 1. Drill a small hole in the bottom of the Egg, and a slightly larger hole in the top.

Step 2. Empty out the yolk and other content. (Water would be used to help the process).

Step 3. Slice off a small sliver of Wax and place it on the smaller hole, heating it to melt it. Cut off any extra wax.

Step 4. (Glass and Toxic Plants should be ground before hand) Funnel the Sand, Crushed Toxic Plant and Crushed Glass into the larger hole. 

Step 5. Repeat Step 2 with the larger hole to seal it.

It's been said that you should paint them black before hand, to avoid breaking the Egg prematurely. Possibly with Ink? 

[/spoiler]

1. so , this will actually be a spell (even if a created one)

2. why not make something special like "blinding the entire scene" meaning that when the "egg" is broken all the players in the scene (owner included) go blind. That would be interesting

3. the movement should be just to the available(/valid) adjacent areas

Otherwise, this sounds fun :D

Question: who can create this egg ? will it be a clickie (available to all) or another set of "shared" items  / cauldrons ?

a. I would prefer the clieckie.

b. drop the ritual, just request/add the ingredients

---------------------

Edit: when blind ... should have increased AP for anything (you are supposed to blind, don't you ?)

Nice/cute idea.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

1. so , this will actually be a spell (even if a created one)

2. why not make something special like "blinding the entire scene" meaning that when the "egg" is broken all the players in the scene (owner included) go blind. That would be interesting

3. the movement should be just to the available(/valid) adjacent areas

Otherwise, this sounds fun :D

Question: who can create this egg ? will it be a clickie (available to all) or another set of "shared" items  / cauldrons ?

a. I would prefer the clieckie.

b. drop the ritual, just request/add the ingredients

---------------------

Edit: when blind ... should have increased AP for anything (you are supposed to blind, don't you ?)

Well, we could have an Egg Holder item created associated with the creating of this item. In addition, a Mortar and Pestel, but that would be used for Grinding/Crushing resources, not JUST this. The Egg Holder could be through some sort of in-game Clickie Quest, maybe? I'm not sure if any specific "land" would be more suited to having it as a Shared Tool... >> 

Edit: I'm entirely OKAY with this becoming an actual spell, rather than an item that anyone can craft. :P I just have always liked the idea of "blinding" someone. 

Edited by Dragual

Given the sheer level of trollishness this sort of item has, steps should be taken to reduce it's impact on new players.

Could be done by making the new players immune to the effect, or giving them a short duration.

Of course, if the duration is normally only like 5 minutes and it can't be used on a player twice in 30 minutes, for example, then no real steps need to be taken >.>