bug report

Aurinia

computer specifics: linux ( hardy heron 8.04)

browser :firefox3

Error: TypeError

Err description: undefined

Err number: undefined

Err message: sounds is null

Ajax response:

var chatobj = document.getElementById('livechat');

chatobj.innerHTML = "<div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDA1NDA='><font color='#BC9434'>JeffHooray</font></a>: </strong>it wasnt in england</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>OOO</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4MTYxNjc='><font color='#BC9434'>Glaistig</font></a>: </strong>Yami.. where do you live?</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4MzU2Nzc='><font color='#BC9434'>Yami no Sakura</font></a>: </strong>Haven\'t we been over this already, Glai?</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>I know a woman named Ronna, that\'s it. :l</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4MTYxNjc='><font color='#BC9434'>Glaistig</font></a>: </strong>No?</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDg4OTY='><font color='#BC9434'>Lloyd Arken</font></a>: </strong>Jean-Baptiste is the name of a holiday where i live</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDA1NDA='><font color='#BC9434'>JeffHooray</font></a>: </strong>and Lulu is still my cousins name</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>Yami lives in the East Coast.</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NTE3MTE='><font color='#BC9434'>moongraced</font></a>: </strong>why would it change</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>Jeff, your aunt has good taste! Flawless taste!</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDA1NDA='><font color='#BC9434'>JeffHooray</font></a>: </strong>lol</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDA1NDA='><font color='#BC9434'>JeffHooray</font></a>: </strong>I know she picked me for a nephew....hehe</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>Jean-Baptiste\'s the name of the protaganist in Perfume, I believe.</div>";

chatobj.scrollTop = chatobj.scrollHeight;

//alert('please refresh interface, hit f5');

I got this error *After* I refreshed the page when I was in marind bell Capitol.

After another refreshment it did not occur, I am not sure if this is a MD error or if it is because Firefox 3 was just released and I downloaded( updated from old firefox) it yesterday.

computer specifics: linux ( hardy heron 8.04)

browser :firefox3

Error: TypeError

Err description: undefined

Err number: undefined

Err message: sounds is null

Ajax response:

var chatobj = document.getElementById('livechat');

chatobj.innerHTML = "<div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDA1NDA='><font color='#BC9434'>JeffHooray</font></a>: </strong>it wasnt in england</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>OOO</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4MTYxNjc='><font color='#BC9434'>Glaistig</font></a>: </strong>Yami.. where do you live?</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4MzU2Nzc='><font color='#BC9434'>Yami no Sakura</font></a>: </strong>Haven\'t we been over this already, Glai?</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>I know a woman named Ronna, that\'s it. :l</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4MTYxNjc='><font color='#BC9434'>Glaistig</font></a>: </strong>No?</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDg4OTY='><font color='#BC9434'>Lloyd Arken</font></a>: </strong>Jean-Baptiste is the name of a holiday where i live</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDA1NDA='><font color='#BC9434'>JeffHooray</font></a>: </strong>and Lulu is still my cousins name</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>Yami lives in the East Coast.</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NTE3MTE='><font color='#BC9434'>moongraced</font></a>: </strong>why would it change</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>Jeff, your aunt has good taste! Flawless taste!</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDA1NDA='><font color='#BC9434'>JeffHooray</font></a>: </strong>lol</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4NDA1NDA='><font color='#BC9434'>JeffHooray</font></a>: </strong>I know she picked me for a nephew....hehe</div><div class='chatlistitem'><strong><a target='userdetails' href='../dlg/dlg.userdetails_arena.php?eid=MTgwNjA4Mzc2ODE='><font color='#BC9434'>Lulu</font></a>: </strong>Jean-Baptiste\'s the name of the protaganist in Perfume, I believe.</div>";

chatobj.scrollTop = chatobj.scrollHeight;

//alert('please refresh interface, hit f5');

I got this error *After* I refreshed the page when I was in marind bell Capitol.

After another refreshment it did not occur, I am not sure if this is a MD error or if it is because Firefox 3 was just released and I downloaded( updated from old firefox) it yesterday.

I see meself!

I got that error occasionally in Firefox too. Not sure if I do in IE, but I always just refreshed and never bothered trying to figure out why it was.

Reading through the code...this is nothing but the chat window.. and even there at the bottom it's got code for an alert to tell you to refresh the window (which i can only assume would clear the "cache" of the coding on the chat window. kind of like the cls command..) "Error message: Sounds is null" appears to be our actual error. it's telling you to refresh the page because the sounds did not properly load. in programing, you can set up safety nets of sorts so that certain messages come up to tell you what went wrong. I don't know why the sounds didn't load, but that appears to be the source of your little problem.

summary: hit f5 and it'll work again :P

Reading through the code...this is nothing but the chat window.. and even there at the bottom it's got code for an alert to tell you to refresh the window (which i can only assume would clear the "cache" of the coding on the chat window. kind of like the cls command..) "Error message: Sounds is null" appears to be our actual error. it's telling you to refresh the page because the sounds did not properly load. in programing, you can set up safety nets of sorts so that certain messages come up to tell you what went wrong. I don't know why the sounds didn't load, but that appears to be the source of your little problem.

summary: hit f5 and it'll work again :rolleyes:

Thank you Ren ( family of Stimpy? :P ) That was the first thing I did ( the refreshing part) but because I wasn't sure if it was my firefox or linux or magic duel acting up I thought I better post it and ask the ppl with more braincells than I have. :P

Simply glad it is not an error from MD but probably firefox , lol.

Aurinia