I AM THE KEEPER OF KEYS

I hold the secrets

To what you seek,

IF YOU FIND A CLUE SECRETS START TO UNRAVEL AND YOU FIND THE TRUTH

Same thing happens when you find an answer

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that simply isn't the case. An answer IS the secret you seek. An answer would be the overall collaboration of a clue, not the clue itself.

When you say "the same thing happens when you find an answer" that is using a vague and broad definition of "answer" synonymous to clue. :P

thank you ren

alot of things fit in with one part or another that is why i asked for an explanation because if you explained it correctly as i have then on your second guess you would guess a clue

as did most of those who submitted an explanation ask metal bunny he didnt get it right the first time

but he did the second and wrote one of the best explanations for it

btw, i was very confused when you asked me to explain how i came up with it. now that i know you meant how i decided it fit each piece, i'll be able to give a better explanation in the future. :P

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that simply isn't the case. An answer IS the secret you seek. An answer would be the overall collaboration of a clue, not the clue itself.

When you say "the same thing happens when you find an answer" that is using a vague and broad definition of "answer" synonymous to clue. :)

Not really, ironically this is actually the verse that made me dismiss clue as a possible answer:

I hold the secrets

To what you seek,

Firstly this verse is so cryptic as to be equivocal but this is what I was thinking: A clue isn't something that holds the secrets to what you seek it's just something that can help you find that secret (ie you DON'T NEED a clue to find the secret you seek hence it doesn't hold it). What holds the secret that you seek is the fact that it is a mystery to you but that doesn't fit some of the other verses so I went with answer as the best overall fit. Anyway clearly we were on a completely different wavelength though I still stand by my answer (no pun intended).

Giving people 2 guesses is not going to give them the ability to guess the answer to your riddle correctly, Metal Bunny along with the other winners were just lucky the second time if not the first. Then again that may be the point otherwise everyone would get it. Well I can understand how my answer wasn't the one you were looking for even though it did fit but come on, rejecting Lulu's answer because of the qualifier 'specific' that's just being nitpicky.

Giving people 2 guesses is not going to give them the ability to guess the answer to your riddle correctly, Metal Bunny along with the other winners were just lucky the second time if not the first. Then again that may be the point otherwise everyone would get it. Well I can understand how my answer wasn't the one you were looking for even though it did fit but come on, rejecting Lulu's answer because of the qualifier 'specific' that's just being nitpicky.

I don't quite agree; narrowing down my answer to one specific clue rather than any clue was sort of like excluding all any other clue, which is wrong. If I had been more clever, I would have figured out that the problem was how specific my answer was. ;P I think the 2 guesses thing was good enough, and I don't believe the winners were just lucky. Perhaps there were several possible answers that fit, but "clue" fits maybe better than the others. If not, at least pretty well.

EDIT: Posted on Glaistig's account, sorry. >_>; That's what you get when your sibling likes to steal your computer and you're forced to use hers, and well, when you're not observant.

If there isn't some level of nitpickiness then there would be a great deal more people who won and thereby the prize wouldn't be worth it. Asking for a certain answer insures some sort of a barrier that lets the winners get a better prize for the more people that don't get the answer. Those who were nitpicked may feel wronged, but if they win the next time because nitpicking isn't used, then they get a crappy prize and think the whole thing was stupid because the quest before them got a better prize and it was all very unfair. ...I hope that train wreck of thought was followable.

I am going to clarify a few comments and statements

first off this is to Lulu and Glastig (when lulu is using your comp lol)

1) you answered a clue about paper cabin and a clue about beserkers way i do believe i will have to clarify again just to make absolutely sure

The reason this answer was wrong is partly due to the not having an explanation which would show you that is has nothing to do with either places and the fact that these places arent part of the riddle at all

now this is aimed at soultear

1) I hope you dont think that you were cheated as you did not get the right answer. allow me to elaborate on the purpose of having a riddle created from scratch by me and not off the internet for instance i make sure in every riddle that i only have one answer by thinking of something say a clue and then building hints and tips into the riddle that suggests only one possible answer

yes answer fits most parts perfectly but if you try to substitute clue into your explanation you will find it doesnt fit most but it fits all of them

my riddles will always have just one specific answer or else everyone will win and there will be no reason to think up a riddle at all just give everyone a new creature and send them on their way

IF MY RIDDLE HAS MORE THAN ONE ANSWER I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT IS HAS IE 2 OR 3 POSSIBLE ANSWERS

MIGHT BE HELPING YOU BUT HEY LIFE GOES ON

for nothing in this game takes no chances look at the story line in all its complexity for instance

you will have multiple chances but every time if you stop and think as i put that line in there for a reason add the word to every line

that is why there are stanzas granted they dont always rhyme jsut right but hey i try and it is hard

I put all this effort into this to make the game fun and more exciting for all and only a hand full of people even tried not even 100 out of the thousands that play

71 people tried

and only 15 were right

if i wasnt specific then 71 would win cause then any answer explained right would fit

next part is aimed at Ren

1) thank you for helping me and understanding what some cant

it is tough to find a way to balance everything out and make it to where not everyone can win but make it winnable

If everyone won then it wasnt either hard enough or someone is just that good

if you all would have given the time and effort like some did then hey you would have won

and soultear sorry again this is for you

if answer didnt work and it didnt why did you not try again with something similar

THANK YOU ALL FOR CARING AND HELPING ME DURING MY FIRST RIDDLE BUT I ASSURE YOU THE SECOND SUCH RIDDLE WILL ONLY BE HARDER AND MORE SPECIFIC AS I HAVE HAD IT TESTED IN STORES THIS TIME

THAT MEANS IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR ME I WILL KNOW LOL AS YOU WILL KNOW THE ANSWER INSTANTLY

BUT THERE WILL BE NO EXPLANATION NEEDED YOU WILL EITHER GET IT OR NOT

AND THIS TIME THE RULES CHANGE

YOU WILL KNOW IF YOU WON WHEN IT IS OVER I WILL KEEP TABS IN YOUR PROFILE AND ON MY COMPUTER THAT KEEPS CHEATING FROM HAPPENING

THOUGH YOU WILL HAVE A HINT THAT YOU ARENT WRONG

OHH AND CREAGAN

THANK YOU ALOT I AM HAPPY YOU ENJOYED IT AS THAT IS MY WAY TO HELP MAGIC DUEL

SOON YOU WILL ALL SEE ALOT MORE OF ME

LOL IT WILL BE FUN

The first riddle is not apart of the story but later riddles will be a part of the story just as quests are part of it

they allow you to find new areas through a key of sorts

hence the key keeper

I am going to clarify a few comments and statements

first off this is to Lulu and Glastig (when lulu is using your comp lol)

1) you answered a clue about paper cabin and a clue about beserkers way i do believe i will have to clarify again just to make absolutely sure

The reason this answer was wrong is partly due to the not having an explanation which would show you that is has nothing to do with either places and the fact that these places arent part of the riddle at all

Well, there was just one part of the riddle that mentioned a quest, and I assumed that was referring to the Beserker's (dunno if that's a spoiler). But yeah, I suppose you're right. :) And I did neglect an explanation.

• 5 months later...